Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 07:05 PM

187 posts, read 918,731 times

Advertisements

^^Good job son....do u want a cookie or a cracker?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 12:38 AM

3 posts, read 28,251 times
just want to say thanks to most of you for the help. I have some good starting places to look at now.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:15 PM

9 posts, read 83,270 times
I highly recommend living in Northern KY. I live in Union and it's lovely. Closer neighborhoods that are great include Ft. Thomas (literally *right across the river!), Park Hills, and Ft. Mitchell.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:09 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Try Eden Park, Mt. Adams, Mt. Lookout, Columbia-Tusculum -- all kinda pricey, but nearby. Oakley is a little farther out but more affordable.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:37 PM

3 posts, read 23,197 times
if you want to live in an area that is safe you will have to drive more than 20-25 minutes to get to work. Try the west side in wyoming or glendale, to the east in Milford or anderson or to the north up by montgomery and kenwood.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:52 AM

254 posts, read 983,128 times
I too live in Cincy and work in KY, I dont pay KY income taxes, however I do pay covington taxes, but it equals out, because I dont pay city of cincinnati taxes.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:02 AM

3 posts, read 21,659 times
I've lived all my life but 5 years here in Cincinnati, and you really won't find a safer city of this size. Most of the "horror stories" you hear about OTR and Mt. Auburn tend to be centered around drug activity. So as long as you're not cruising around OTR looking to score some weed or crack, you'll be just fine. In fact, for the record I'm white, lived downtown and worked in OTR during the riots of 2001, and no one even so much as looked at me funny.

So come on down, take a look around, and find something you like. But please look at the central city first. There's a LOT of great homes and neighborhoods here without having to go live in the mass-marketed subdivisions in the burbs or N.Ky.

I'm a firm believer that there's nothing wrong with this city that can't be fixed by residents willing to do something about it. Its just that more people find it easier to give up and move to the burbs and complain rather than DO something.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:26 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
I'm a firm believer that there's nothing wrong with this city that can't be fixed by residents willing to do something about it.
I couldn't agree more, and that was one of the reasons I chose to move into the city in the first place, instead of living in the 'burbs. I moved into my house in Madisonville, hung flowers on the front porch, cleaned up and landscaped the yard, and actually spent time outside. And you know what? Within a few months, my neighbors were doing the same thing, spending time chatting on porches, having barbecues, etc. It's a little thing, but little things add up quickly.

Disconnection and anonymity contribute to the reason that crime can exist in the first place. If we all spend time getting to know our neighbors, taking care of our properties, walking to pick up a gallon of milk instead of driving 3 blocks to UDF and saying hello to people on the way, paying attention to our surroundings etc., then the quality of life, even in the most "dangerous" neighborhoods, will improve markedly. Twenty years ago, Columbia-Tusculum was no garden spot, and look at it now.

My take on "safe" neighborhoods in Cincinnati is that criminals are mobile. They can drive from "bad" neighborhoods to "good" ones. It takes what -- five minutes? -- to get from Madisonville to Hyde Park, or from Woodlawn to Wyoming. But if we all watch out for each other, no criminal is safe.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:11 PM

21 posts, read 61,454 times
Union Kentucky! WHEW! Didn't he say he didn't want too far of a drive? Holy Cow, its like a 30-40 minute drive to downtown from there. A nice place to live, yes just WAY out there!

I grew up in Ft. Thomas Kentucky which is right across the river. I got the hell out mainly because all the people I went to high school with bought houses and raise their kids there. I didn't like them then, I don't want to live near them now. Plus, I enjoy the city and living close to downtown on the Ohio side. Ft. Thomas is a nice place though - predominantly white, old, charming neighborhood and many streets overlook the downtown skyline. Several of our professional athletes live there.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:39 PM

8 posts, read 31,112 times
Most people think that all of Cincinnati is cheap to live no. it depends where you live move to kenwood or madira or loveland or blue ash those are good areas middle class, and diverse too and there preety close to downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati