U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:22 PM

25,156 posts, read 30,831,750 times
Oh, I love it ... Hey, do you scrape your windshield off with your driver's license, too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 01:59 PM

1,597 posts, read 618,198 times
LOL! Well, no - not really. Actually, I'm the kind of person that frequently breaks ice scrapers, and so anymore what I do is sweep off the snow with a broom. BUT....I don't wear gloves when I do it. HA! Then I turn on the defroster to let the windshield warm up enough so that the wipers will whisk away the skim of ice.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:42 PM

2,554 posts, read 3,815,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
LOL! Shocking, wasn't it?

I know it snows at Christmas sometimes. It's just rare, that's all.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the piddly little dustings and 1" bursts of snow that cause this city to freak out. People around here would never survive in Cleveland.

LOL that is the truth too. I remember driving down to Columbus, and there was just a trace on the ground, they were doing 35 on the 270 loop.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Well, there's another thing that is lacking among many Cincinnati natives -- proper winter gear! People moan about an inch of snow because their shoes get wet. Here's a clue: Buy a pair of boots!!

There's no such thing as bad weather; there is only inappropriate clothing.

I agree, lol great saying. Its like the people I see at Crocker Park in Westlake, it is a lifestyle center so you can walk outdoors to different shops. Well it is always nice to see people wearing shorts when it is 35 out and snow on the ground.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I'm with you aquila, I love long cold snowy winters. My family thinks I'm crazy for that since I was primarily raised near the beach but I guess that is why I love "real" winter weather. The brief time that I spent in Chicago I actually liked the bitter cold wind chills because it afforded me the opportunity to pull out all my stylish gear such as my scarves, my Russian Trooper hats and such.

First I would like to say, thank you for your service. It is truly appreciated.

And you will love the fall colors of Cincinnati, the hills around the city, and the awesome skyline views from Mount Adams. Like other posters said, check out Hocking Hills, but you do not have to go there to see the awesome colors of fall.

Welcome to Cincinnati!

Old 10-18-2008, 02:07 PM

Well, I truly have to correct my initial post in this thread. I was thinking the colors this year would be great, but they've been nothing but an utter disappointment. What a dud year. Nothing out there worth looking at.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:43 AM

1,055 posts, read 2,491,077 times
Drove down 75-S this past weekend for a wedding near Atlanta, the trees in Kentucky were kinda scattered. My thoughts are this coming weekend (25th) will be very showey if you dont mind the drive. Just thought I would share...

Old 10-19-2008, 11:46 AM

107 posts, read 156,243 times
Iraqvet - welcome back to the states and welcome to Cincinnati.

The colors in town are always beautiful, just some years are more vibrant than others. As for the winter, I was born and raised here and I love the winter. When I was a kid it seemed as though the winters were colder and we had a lot more snow. Nowadays, it seems we do not get as much of the powder as we used to but to me there is nothing more beautiful than waking up on a Sunday looking outside at the sun shinning on a foot of fresly fallen snow. It just makes me feel good all over!

Old 10-19-2008, 04:07 PM

I'd love to see some pictures that people have of the foliage in the SW Ohio area right now. I was wanting to get out and see it, and since it's clearly not happening in my area, perhaps a different area might offer more to look at. Any suggestions for drives? All I see is dull yellow/green with muted tones of light orange here and there. Most of it is dry, brown and falling off trees already.....nothing spectacular to make me go "oooohh/ahhhh".

Old 10-20-2008, 05:15 PM

Out and about today. Still didn't see any color, except a brownish green. I wonder if maybe the colors are going to come out closer to November....? We haven't had much rain at all, so I can't help but think we just won't see anything spectacular this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati