U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:18 AM

171 posts, read 232,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey_too_expensive View Post
Not because it felt dangerous or anything -- just because it was really kind of sad.

Thoughts?
.. it is very easy ..
the city planing for Cincinnati are not able to take a really holistic picture of Cincinnati ..
.. so you can find everywhere this situation ..
it is awfull it is more then awfull ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
I think Findlay is great,
.. then .. you never saw a nice market ..

Old 09-14-2008, 06:36 PM

1,576 posts, read 2,304,110 times
sadly there was a fire there today. So much chaos is in the area we'll know more about this later.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:20 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,846,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
.. then .. you never saw a nice market ..
You are out of your damn mind. lol

Old 09-15-2008, 07:12 AM

710 posts, read 2,649,997 times
I have seen plenty of nice markets, in Chicago, Columbus, etc. but what makes Findlay great isn't just the food they have there, it is the sense of community and activity. I can't remember the last time I went there and didn't see someone who I knew.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
I have seen plenty of nice markets, in Chicago, Columbus, etc. but what makes Findlay great ...
.. nothing ..
Findley market is awfull .. very awfull ..

Old 09-16-2008, 04:32 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,214,942 times
It's been a few years since I have been there. I was driving a Limo years ago for a friend (I'm actually a prof)but I was picking something up from the market for someone. I couldn't find a parking place and so I parked a few blocks away and walked there. I found the older homes and buildings very charming. When I got to the meat market and gave the order. The nice man said he would carry it to my car. I told him I had parked a few blocks away. He looks at me with sort of a look of horror on his face and said he would walk me back to my car. That shook me up a bit!
I have been down to that same area several times to a shop called The Wooden Nickel which has wonderful interesting antiques. We used a lot of their items to decorate our home. The shop is only a few blocks from the market.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:41 AM

4,730 posts, read 10,940,533 times
Default Cincinnati's been blown away (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
sadly there was a fire there today. So much chaos is in the area we'll know more about this later.
According to the Enquirer, a roof section torn off by the crazy winds hit an electrical transformer and set off some fires in buildings close by the market. One of the photos from the storm, in the online edition, showed a fire engine in front of some of the beautified and empty row houses on West Elder St immediately across from the market. There was no damage to speak of to the market itself.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:42 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,485,885 times
The FM area is obviously not Indian Hill. Like most downtown's that have suffered from white flight and crime there are some eyesores. However, when i go down to Over the Rhine i dont feel unsafe. FM is a great place no matter what the neighborhood. Mr. Pig is awesome BBQ and the people down there are friendly and nice. Would like to go there over a Krogers anyday.

G Rizzle

Old 09-17-2008, 04:12 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,846,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman5431 View Post
The FM area is obviously not Indian Hill. Like most downtown's that have suffered from white flight and crime there are some eyesores. However, when i go down to Over the Rhine i dont feel unsafe. FM is a great place no matter what the neighborhood. Mr. Pig is awesome BBQ and the people down there are friendly and nice. Would like to go there over a Krogers anyday.

G Rizzle
Amen, GRizzle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati