U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 07:22 PM

267 posts, read 592,963 times

Advertisements

power on colerain and redskin was out... colerain and springdale was out
sprindale near northgate was out again, they were working when i went to walmart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 07:26 PM

122 posts, read 886,282 times
My hubby is a Duke lineman out of Todd Hunter District, so I appreciate the kind words about the work they are doing. I've only seen him a few minutes each day when he wakes up, before he rushes back to work. They are all working 16 hours shifts (although the first day he worked 24 hours straight). He missed spending the last 10 hours with our daughter who surprised us by flying up from Austin Texas for the weekend. He is eatting whatever fast food he can swallow in a few minutes.

TIPS TO GETTING YOUR ELECTRIC BACK ON;
1) When you see a Duke truck, do not come running at the truck screaming "Get my f***g electric on NOW!" This will only cause them to drive away fast and not return until the next day accompanied by a police officer.
2) Do not show up at any office or district and demand that you personally get pushed to the top of the list. Your name and address ended up in the waste basket, because the lineman take their repair orders from the 'trouble desk', not notes left with the office staff. BTW - police are now stationed at each district for the protection of the office workers.
3) Do not threaten the lineman. They are civil for the most part, but have been pushed to their limits. You will either be arrested, or you will find yourself with a lineman boot shoved up someplace. And trust me, these are strong men.
4) Do not follow their truck in your car. They don't know what you want. And no, you can not help them. They do not need you to point out your house.

Remember, they were working on getting the most people up in the quickest amount of time. If your tree has fallen and ripped out your service, you will be low of the list. It doesn't make a lot of sense for 3 lineman to spend 4 hours getting the electric on to 1 house, verses 3 lineman for 4 hours getting the electric on for an entire street.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:25 PM

267 posts, read 592,963 times
i heard on my local news if your still in the dark..... and duke don't know about it
call them say my power isn't on don't be a dork

if you live in cincinnati

JFS To Offer Some Weekend Hours Low-income families may apply for emergency assistance through the weekend at Hamilton County's Department of Job and Family Services.

Hours will be extended at the department’s downtown location, 222, E. Central Pkwy., on Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Duke Energy said Thursday that only 126,672 customers remain without service, and all power restored by Sunday.

oh yea don't be a fool like this moron done
Reading Man Charged With Threatening Utility Worker - Cincinnati News Story - WLWT Cincinnati (http://www.wlwt.com/news/17515964/detail.html - broken link)

Old 09-21-2008, 12:52 PM

1,055 posts, read 3,561,820 times
Some streets in Hartwell came back up about 10pm last night and another one about an hour ago...Keep up the great work DUKE workers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or