U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 12:50 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,582,012 times

Advertisements

I've pretty much given all the comments I can give about those locations. I don't know about Prince Frederick, but the other areas are safe neighborhoods. Tyler's Creek and Lakota Pointe would be ideal as far as being near lots of shopping, while Reserve at Pines would put you close to shopping and Sharon Woods Park. But I don't think Reserve at Pines looks as nice as Tyler's Creek (which is brand new) and Lakota Pointe. Are you absolutely certain you will be working in Evendale? The reason I'm asking is because GE is consolidating all it's offices into a new office complex in West Chester, at the corner of Union Centre Boulevard and Cincinnati-Dayton Road. You may start off working at the Evendale facility until the new office complex is completed, but are you sure that's where you will be staying?

If it were me personally, I'd go with Lakota Pointe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 01:10 PM

30 posts, read 88,788 times
Thanks for your input again.
I am just curious, do you work at GE? Honestly I am not 100% sure where I will be working at. I am assuming it will be in Evendale but can't guarentee. In my offer letter they have mentioned as "[SIZE=2]for GE [/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]‐ [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Aviation, Engineering in Evendale, OH".[/SIZE]

But anyway I was looking around and Prince Frederick was my first preference because it was about 7 miles away and rent was $1000 too. Tyler's Creek and Lakota sure do look good and rent is low too, but they were kind of far - about 13 miles away. Not that its really bad but I am still thinking. Reserve at pine is near but it is about $1100. So I will have to think about this one too.

But like you said may be I will have to make sure I will be working at Evendale and not anywhere else.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:08 PM

I'm just going by what you said as far as working in an office. No, I don't work at GE. (I only wish. LOL!) But my understanding is they are moving all the office jobs away from Evendale and Springdale, and consolidating it all at the new complex in West Chester once it opens. So it's really up to you. Have you thought about utilizing Google Maps with the Street View turned on? You can look directly at the Prince Frederick community.

Scratch Lakota Pointe. I just read a bad review about the place. Seems like they've had some maintenance issues and they aren't as nice as they seem. Of course, the last review I found about Prince Frederick was from 2005, and there were complaints of crime back then.

I'm honestly not sure what else to tell you. It's so hard to make a decision without actually visiting the areas and checking out the units yourself.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:18 PM

Hey Aquila,
I honestly appreciate your time and suggestions. You have been a great help to me. I will make sure with GE about the location.

I did sae few bad reviews on few of those apartment but I guess I cant really rely on what they are saying. Some people are like that, they dont realize that "You get what you paid for". haha

But I will keep those reviews in my mind. Let me know if you have any more suggestions.

Or Anyone.

Thanks once again for being a great help.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:29 PM

1,055 posts, read 3,564,547 times
Is it the Prince Fredrick on Galbraith Road in Finneytown? If so, I would mark that off my list. I looked there about 10 years ago, glad I didnt move there..the place has really gone downhill. My sons old classmate lived there until his mother got fed up with the car break ins and lack of supervision of children. She felt that she could get a much better place for what she had been paying...I agreed with her.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:44 PM

Looks like that is it.

They have listed their address as :

8269 Kingsmere Court Cincinnati, OH 45231

Thanks for your input.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:56 PM

Izzyprad,

I'll check around some more to see what else I can find. I realize some of these places are farther than you'd like, but that's the sad reality about living in the Cincinnati area. It's so fragmented as far as what's a good area and what's bad, and the mass transit options in this place flat-out SUCK. Excuse my language. So that makes it difficult to work somewhere and still live in a decently affordable nice community. Plus, even within some of the nicer looking rental complexes, you're going to have people that are happy and willing to give it a good review, as well as those who are unhappy and give it a bad one. For example, I used to live in an apartment complex in Fairfield that was one of the top rated complexes when I moved in. By the time I moved out, we had gone through a management change and suddenly the place started getting all kinds of bad reviews. However, in that time, nothing really changed much except the grounds crews weren't doing such a great job anymore.

So it's all relative.

I can see if there's anything else around....maybe even over in Mason or Montgomery, etc. It might just be that you have to bite the bullet and settle for a longer commute. In which case, go for Tyler's Creek. The traffic isn't THAT bad from here to Evendale or Union Centre. And Tyler's Creek is in a really nice area....up and coming with new development all around, and so very close to great shopping and a bike path.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:32 PM

These are honestly the only other communities relatively closeby that I would recommend. There are tons of places where you could rent a really nice apartment for the amount you're willing to pay, but they don't rent townhomes.....just flats. Some of these you already know about, but thought maybe you could look at the photos and judge for yourself. They're all in safe areas, and close to shopping. But I don't know about the rating for Mallard Lakes. It looks really nice from the expressway.....

Mallard Lakes Apartments Cincinnati, OH - Apartments for Rent in Cincinnati Ohio

Preserve At Beckett Ridge Apartments West Chester, OH - Apartments for Rent in West Chester Ohio

Tyler's Creek Apartments Fairfield, OH - Apartments for Rent in Fairfield Ohio

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm...istingid=24757

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm...istingid=19481

Old 09-28-2008, 10:51 AM

Hey Thanks again for your such helpful information.

Like you said so far it looks like Tyler's Creek is the best I can get for my money! But I am still thinking about the distance. Its just I am not really a morning person and when I have to wake up early to compensate for the travel time. I just hate it. its like grrrr...

But yes Tyler's creek looks the best and I am pretty sure I can save a lot of money if I stay there, because looks like the Gas and few other utility is uncluded Not bad, huh?

For now I will keep Prince Frederick on the bottom of my list. here is my list in Order:

Tyler's Creek
Reserve at Pines
Lakota Pointe

I have sent email to all three of them with some questions. Hope fully it will help me to decide better.

Any suggestions by anyone will be appreciated!

Old 09-28-2008, 11:37 AM

Guys,
Any thoughts on Fairfield Pointe and Revere Village?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or