U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:48 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,579,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyprad View Post
Guys,
Any thoughts on Fairfield Pointe and Revere Village?

NO!!...and...NO!!

Sorry, not trying to burst your bubble. But really....NO!!

Revere Village Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Cincinnati apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Fairfield Pointe Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Fairfield apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 12:29 AM

697 posts, read 1,426,768 times
The chances of you having any real problems at Prince Fredrick's are slim. I've lived in Finneytown for awhile and have had many friends who have lived there and have enjoyed it. Of course I doubt someone would recommend it over somewhere with "Lakota" in the name, but the location is convenient. If you're comfortable with living on the fringes of a solid inner-ring suburb then this place should pose no problems for you.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:59 PM

30 posts, read 88,722 times
Opps!

Alright I took it off the list!

Still haven't received reply from Tyler's creek, Lakota and Reserve at the pines. Got reply from Prince frederick but I already took it off the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
NO!!...and...NO!!

Sorry, not trying to burst your bubble. But really....NO!!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:04 AM

As I was thiking about Tyler's Creek and Lakota Pointe, I wanted to know about driving condition and traffic?

I am assuming the traffic not that bad. But I have heard Cincinnati has one of the worst traffic, somewhere near downtown. lol

And I have heard it does not snow much there, like here in Cleveland. But even with 1-2 inch of snow I have heard the driving condition can be worst than here because:

1. The temperature down there turn them into ice, which make it very slippery. Is it trre?
2. I am being told people down ther are not used to driving in such situation, so more accident are bound to happen.
3.Ploughing and other snow removal are not really prepared when it happens, because it rarely snow?

Same happened when I was living down in Louisville, KY. I am not sure how true is this in Cincinnati.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
As I was thiking about Tyler's Creek and Lakota Pointe, I wanted to know about driving condition and traffic?
If you lived at Tyler's Creek, in order to get to Evendale your best bet would be to get over to I-75. To do that, you could do one of several options:

A.) Go straight out Tylersville Road - which would be a very hilly route in which you'd encounter multiple school buses stopping along the way. It's also a narrow route until you get to Wetherington....but at that point you'd be right at I-75. Using Tylersville Road to get over to I-75 would be out of the way, and you'd also face a bigger headache going down I-75 from that point in the morning.

Or...

B.) Go down Bypass 4 until you get to Union Centre Boulevard, and take that over to I-75. No hills that way - and even though the traffic would be heavier, the roads are mainly high-speed with broad lanes. The traffic flows smoothly using that route.

Either way, going down I-75 in the morning is going to be congested.

Or...

C.) Go all the way down Bypass 4 until you hit SR 4, and then take that south to I-275 - which would cut you over to I-75. To me, it would be stupid to go that route because it's not really a direct route, and there would be a lot of heavy traffic in the morning. Overall, it would be a flat route - no hills at all worth mentioning, but just not a very efficient route to take. Lots of traffic lights, etc.

Option B would be your best bet regardless.

NOW......Once you started working at the new office complex in West Chester, option B would be the best....and it would also be the only route that would logically make sense.

HOWEVER......As for the Reserve at Pines, the only logical route would be to take Rt. 42 straight down to Evendale, and yes the traffic would be heavy. But it would mostly be flat. If you work at the new West Chester office complex, you'd have a choice of routes:

You could go up Rt. 42 and turn left at Dimmick Road, or go a little farther north and turn left on West Chester Road. Both routes would take you directly to the GE office complex in West Chester. There would be virtually no traffic going those routes. However, they contain hills and lots of curves.

You could also go straight down Hauck Road....which is basically one long hill between Rt. 42 and Cincinnati-Dayton Road. But that would be the only hill, and once you get to Cincinnati-Dayton Road, it would be a straight flat shot north to the GE Office complex.....and basically no traffic to worry about.

As for Lakota Pointe.....you could hop right onto Butler Regional Highway, and immediately onto I-75 south. Lots of heavy traffic, frequent accidents and slow going all the way south to whichever location you'd be working at. The only real alternative to taking that route would be to go straight down Cincinnati-Dayton Road, but there would be a moderate amount of hills and some curves, as well as medium-heavy traffic. That route is basically a "local" route if you work somewhere in the area. It's not what I would consider a heavy rush-hour route. If you worked at Evendale, you'd still need to get on I-75 anyway. If you work at the new West Chester GE office, it would be located right along Cincinnati-Dayton Road as it is. There really isn't a decent alternative to either route.

Quote:
I am assuming the traffic not that bad. But I have heard Cincinnati has one of the worst traffic, somewhere near downtown. lol
I don't go anywhere near downtown Cincinnati in rush hour. The whole drive down I-75 south of Sharonville is a nail-biter for me....I hate it. It's the worst damned stretch of interstate they ever built around this city....very narrow, congested, poorly designed, too many curves, etc... But don't worry about that, because you wouldn't have to bother going near downtown anyway if you work in Evendale.

As for the routes I mentioned above, yeah you'll encounter some heavy traffic in rush hour. But it moves. You're not stuck driving along at a snail's pace while trying to get to work.

Quote:
And I have heard it does not snow much there, like here in Cleveland.
That's very true.

Now, that being said, it does snow at times around Cincinnati. But not nearly as often nor as heavy as it does in Cleveland. Do NOT....I repeat....DO NOT let anyone on these boards try to tell you the winter weather around here is horrible. That simply isn't true. What IS true is that the majority of people who live in this area are simply wimps and can't stand it whenever the temps gets below 50 degrees outside.

Most of the time, our Winters consist of cold rain and temps generally in the 40s. In recent Winters, we've had extended stretches of mild temperatures in December and January, to where it was in the 60s a lot. And it rained a lot.

During most storms, the main dividing line between the rain and snow is up along I-70 north of Dayton. More often than not, it rains down here while they get snow up there. Or we will get a rain/snow mix that has some sleet mixed in. We don't usually get a lot of snow around here until maybe the end of January and then through February into the first week or two of March. We do occasionally get snowfalls that range from 3-5", but it's rare to get anything more than that at one time. It's normally around 1/2" - to maybe 2" in one snowfall, and it quickly melts away. However, we might also get an ice event sometimes. But like I said, most of the time it's just rain - and then it's usually followed by a cold front that pushes the moisture out of the area and we end up with a slight dusting of snow flurries.

So that's our Winters for ya'. Nothing to worry about.

Quote:
But even with 1-2 inch of snow I have heard the driving condition can be worst than here because:

1. The temperature down there turn them into ice, which make it very slippery. Is it trre?
As I said above, we do occasionally get an ice event.....lots of sleet, or freezing rain. Yes, that can make the roads slippery. It's called "black ice". But it doesn't happen often.

Quote:
2. I am being told people down ther are not used to driving in such situation, so more accident are bound to happen.
Well, it's not that they aren't used to it. They just don't like it. I really don't consider that an excuse. The people who live around here should KNOW better. They've lived here long enough to know that we do sometimes get snow and ice, and they're going to have to drive in it occasionally. We don't live in Florida, and there are times when I think they DO believe we live in Florida. If we so much as get an inch of snow around here, people freak out. I think they're just lazy, and always crabby whenever the sun isn't shining. If it snows, they think it's the ugliest stuff in the world. They may not have to do it as often as people in Cleveland, but to say they aren't "used" to driving in it it is a cop-out.

Quote:
3.Ploughing and other snow removal are not really prepared when it happens, because it rarely snow?
That's totally false. The problem around here is that they use half the Winter's salt supply for a piddly 2" snowfall, and that usually happens when the weathermen forecast a storm that more often than not fizzles out. And then they've wasted the salt for a storm that only spits a few flurries.

Yes, the road crews know how to treat the roads. Yes, they know how to plow. And they DO it. It's just that the media and residents of this area cry "Death, doom and destruction" for every little snow event that comes our way. That sends the road crews into overdrive.

Honestly, you should see it sometimes. The people around here would not know how to survive in Cleveland. If we so much as get a forecast for 3-4" of snow, they make a run on the stores and buy up all the supplies they can find because they think they're going to get snowed-in for days. It's quite ridiculous.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:02 PM

I don't know how should I thank you for all the information that you have provided me. THANKS A LOT once again!

I will probably remove Prince Frederick from my list, as you said. I would personally prefer to stay in quiter place - away from downtown like Tyler's Creek or Lakota. Also incase is GE is moving to West Chester it would be easier for me.

Thanks once again.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I don't know how should I thank you for all the information that you have provided me. THANKS A LOT once again!

I will probably remove Prince Frederick from my list, as you said. I would personally prefer to stay in quiter place - away from downtown like Tyler's Creek or Lakota. Also incase is GE is moving to West Chester it would be easier for me.

Thanks once again.
Not a problem. Always here. I don't blame you for wanting to stay in a quieter area, and I really think Tyler's Creek would be the best option for you.

If you need any more info, hit me up with a Direct Message.

P.S. Yes, I got your other message. Unfortunately, I don't use instant messaging. But you're always free to send me a private note here.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:11 AM

14 posts, read 30,493 times
My grandfather was one of the engineers who worked on the team for GE's first jet engines in Evendale, back in World War II. So it's with some fondness that I read your post.

He and some of the other engineers from that time (what's left of them) still get together every Tuesday for lunch.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:10 AM

Hello guys, I am back again for some help.

The plan has changed since last time. I will be moving alone instead with my Family. So I will be looking for 1 bedroom apartment. I am looking for 1 bedroom apartment less than $600, preferably within 6 miles of GE Aviation. If possible North of GE aviation. Let me know if you guys have any recommendation.

I recently came across "Four Worlds Apartments". It looks like a nice place to live. However it is located on the South of GE and its about 9 miles. If I am working at GE, how busy would that Freeway be in office hours? Does anyone know?

Here is the location of the apartment.
four worlds apartment oh - Google Maps

I have been told that freeway near cincinnati is really bad.

So I would appreciate your feedback.

Last edited by izzyprad; 02-16-2009 at 11:46 AM..

Old 02-16-2009, 12:54 PM

697 posts, read 1,426,768 times
Quote:

I recently came across "Four Worlds Apartments". It looks like a nice place to live. However it is located on the South of GE and its about 9 miles. If I am working at GE, how busy would that Freeway be in office hours? Does anyone know?

Here is the location of the apartment.
four worlds apartment oh - Google Maps

I have been told that freeway near cincinnati is really bad.

So I would appreciate your feedback.
You'll most likely want to avoid Four Worlds. It's not the most desirable complex in the most desirable location. I suggest looking at Williamsburg of Cincinnati a couple miles down Galbraith Rd to the east.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or