Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:16 AM

30 posts, read 101,232 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I am from Cleveland and I recently got hired by GE Aviation down at Cincinnati. So I will be moving downthere after about 6 months or so.

I have no idea which place is good to live and which place is not. I am looking for a townhouse within 15 miles of GE plant. I am looking for around $1000 for 3 bed/2 bath. I would prefer quite place, but not really far away from grocery stores and malls.

I am leaning towards North Pointe Townhouse, Prince Frederick, Lakota Pointe and Reserve at Pines. But I have no clue about the place.

I would really appreciate if you guy could provide me some info as to which place would be a good choice.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 08:27 AM

710 posts, read 3,035,943 times
Well you can't find a place in evendale because they have no rental units by design

Old 09-21-2008, 02:38 PM

Anyone?

Old 09-21-2008, 02:56 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,134,141 times
Are you going to be working in the plant, or the offices? Because GE is consolidating its regional offices into a new complex in West Chester, at the corner of Union Centre and Cincinnati-Dayton Road.

If I had to be completely honest with you, I'd tell you to avoid Northpointe. There tend to be some problems in that area, especially in the nearby apartment complexes. I honestly don't know anything about the area around Prince Frederick Townhomes.

Lakota Pointe would be a great place to live. I'd definitely check them out. Likewise, the Reserve at Pines is in a great area.

You could also check out the Preserve at Beckett Ridge. It's a nice area, very close to shopping and Union Centre, as well as a park. It may be a bit more than you want to pay, but oh so worth it.

You could also try Deer Run at Beckett Ridge. They are brand new, and across the street from shopping and restaurants. Not far from Union Centre and some parks. Reasonably priced....I actually think these would be your best bet. If you need links, let me know. I live in West Chester, so I can give you more info about the area if you want.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:00 PM

351 posts, read 1,869,958 times
There are a few developments on St Route 4 (at the end of Glendale Milford). Zip code 45246. It's about 7 minutes drive from GE, right next to a Krogers, in front of a large park (former farm, Glenwood Gardens), next to a great pub (Century Inn) and on the border of Glendale, a historic village with large homes, a village square.

Glendale also has a few units in a converted building (Harry Whiting Brown House) which periodically come up for rent, for less than $1,000. High ceilings, big yard, right in the center of the village. If you don't want cookie cutter, you could check this option out (The Village of Glendale, Ohio).

Alternatively, Blue Ash is a bit further in the other direction and has some nice units, too.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:03 PM

2,520 posts, read 2,816,321 times
Prince Frederick is in Finneytown about a half mile east of the Galbraith Rd.-Winton Rd. intersection. It's about 5 seconds away from Cross County Highway and about 3 minutes from I-75. It's a fairly quiet location and it's very centrally located.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:09 AM

Guys Thank you SO MUCH for the info! By the way "Aquila" I will be working in office, as control engineer (as far as I know).

I really appreciate your help. I will do some more research and I will let you guys know if I have any question.

In the mean time if anyone has anymore opinion dont hesitate to drop some lines.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:57 PM

5 posts, read 29,676 times
If your office will be in West Chester as someone previous stated, check out The Lakes at West Chester. The 3 bedrooms are more than you're looking to spend I think, but if you can get away with a 2 bedroom instead it's affordable. The complex is really nice and directly across the street from Beckett Ridge shopping plaza with Kroger, Steinmart, and some restaurants. Check it out at The Lakes At West Chester Village.

The Preserve at Beckett Ridge that someone previously mentioned is also nice.

Also there's an apartment complex called Fieldstone at Glenwood Crossing that is really nice and in your price range for a 3 bedroom I believe. It's in a nice historic area not far from TriCounty Mall. Fieldstone at Glenwood Crossing | Apartments for Rent in Cincinnati OH | Buckingham Companies

Old 09-23-2008, 05:49 PM

Thanks for your reply. That place sure look great! Looks like a nice place to live.

But it was lil bit pricy for me since this will be my first job after college, and I got to pay back some college loans. I might be willing to pay $1100 max is some utilities are included.

As for now I am leaning towards

My current list:

Prince Frederick

Lakota Pointe

Reserve at Pines / Pines
- Whats the difference between these two ? They are listed as separate. Can anyone clarify?

I just removed North Pointe from my list. I heard its a bad area to live.

I am thinking if Tyler's Creek deserve a place in the list

Feel free to add to the list or comment on my list.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:22 PM

710 posts, read 3,035,943 times
all those places sound like they are very auto dependent. with the way gas and oil are going it is something to keep in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati