U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,731 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I just accepted a position with P&G and am looking to move to cinci in late december early january and was wondering where the cool places to live are? I am 23 turning 24 single and want to have a life outside of work i have no clue about cinci other than that is where my job is i have heard that hyde park, oakley and mt adams are the places get back to me if you can... Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 08:10 PM

710 posts, read 2,649,718 times
Downtown is probably your best bet, but hyde park oakley and mt adams are all good choices

Old 09-21-2008, 10:32 PM

122 posts, read 886,446 times
Which P&G facility? They are in various locations all over the area. I'm sure you'll want to live near where you work?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:23 AM

28 posts, read 74,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
Downtown is probably your best bet, but hyde park oakley and mt adams are all good choices

Downtown? Really?

If you like bars and the rich college crowd Mt. Adams

Alot of people like oakley but I personally think its run down and you deffinately have to be careful alot of bad parts. Mariemont is right outside of oakley and really cute all cottage type homes and it's litteraly 2 minutes from oakley.

Hyde Park is more for rich people who care alot about their yard. It's very nice but I wouldn't say it's for single people.

Also Newport, KY would be good still building but nice and lots of day and night life. You can check out newport on levee to try and get a feel

Old 09-23-2008, 10:58 AM

710 posts, read 2,649,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haileigh32 View Post
Downtown? Really?

If you like bars and the rich college crowd Mt. Adams

Alot of people like oakley but I personally think its run down and you deffinately have to be careful alot of bad parts. Mariemont is right outside of oakley and really cute all cottage type homes and it's litteraly 2 minutes from oakley.

Hyde Park is more for rich people who care alot about their yard. It's very nice but I wouldn't say it's for single people.

Also Newport, KY would be good still building but nice and lots of day and night life. You can check out newport on levee to try and get a feel
According to google maps, oakley is 12 minutes away from Mariemont, which along with your claims oakley is scary and dangerous makes me think you are confusing Madisonville with Oakley on this and several other threads.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:50 PM

455 posts, read 1,669,145 times
When I first moved to Cincinnati (for work also) a year and a half ago, I rented a loft apartment downtown so I could be in the center of everything and have a very short trip to all of the areas people will mention as being good on these forums. Downtown you can walk to countless pubs and restaurants as well as take a $7 taxi across the river to and from Northern Kentucky (Newport & Covington). Deciding on downtown was the best thing I could have done when first moving here. I got to sample all of the different neighborhoods for my first year without committing to any one of them until I found what I wanted. I figured, if I was going to throw myself into a new city I was unfamiliar with, I might as well go all out and jump in heads first in the middle of things...glad i did.

Welcome to Cincinnati!

Old 09-23-2008, 01:23 PM

31,199 posts, read 57,331,348 times
I'll echo the downtown sentiment; perhaps even across the river in Newport or Covington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haileigh32
Mariemont is right outside of oakley and really cute all cottage type homes and it's litteraly 2 minutes from oakley.
Mariemont is the last place a new college grad would want to live. Unless you've already got three school-age kids and a high-end SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
along with your claims oakley is scary and dangerous makes me think you are confusing Madisonville with Oakley on this and several other threads.
Hey! Madisonville isn't scary, either! *hmph* Well ... not all of it, anyway.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:33 AM

310 posts, read 1,060,232 times
Default Move to Cincinnati

You may want to add Clifton to your searches.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:46 AM

94 posts, read 205,445 times
Mt. Lookout would be a good place too. The part of Madisonville that is in Madison Place isn't bad, but no good bar scene within walking distance. I agree that Mariemont would not be what you are looking for. It's a family village, and it's quite expensive. I would say Downtown, Mt. Lookout, Mt. Adams, Oakley/Obryonville, and Newport. Since you are so young, you may even like Clifton, but I would suggest only living in the gas light district. (near Ludlow).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati