U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:32 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,846,421 times

Advertisements

BTW, anyone trying to compare Europe's historical architecture to the US has lost it. Europe has structures that are still standing today that were build two and three hundred years before the US was even established.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 09:42 PM

149 posts, read 386,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
BTW, anyone trying to compare Europe's historical architecture to the US has lost it. Europe has structures that are still standing today that were build two and three hundred years before the US was even established.
For sure!!

Old 10-06-2008, 10:45 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,581,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGreekDude View Post
Seriously dude our country is all of not even 500 years old so compared to other countries which by the way have historical buildings standing longer than Americans have been around to me says that yes we don't have as much history compared to others.

Anyways I read a lot of posts on here and yes I can read since I attended high school and all and it seems you are the constant pric on here always causing issues and toteing your internet toughness. I'm really not trying to pick a fit and it seems like all you want to do is argue so please move on buddy and find someone else to badger. If you decide to respond I won't answer so give it up and move on. I'm sure you'll get your kicks elsewhere.
Me...? Internet tough? Hardly. I don't like picking fights. But it amazes me that you seem to feel free to post an insulting comment such as "cookie cutter vinyl village bs", yet you're accusing me of being a pric. (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you know there is a "k" that goes on the end of that word, but simply wanted to avoid the filters.) And when someone calls you on it, you get defensive. I asked you some simple, yet serious, questions in an attempt to find out more about why you feel the way you do. But instead, you choose to act like a rude jerk and ignore them.

I also happen to think it's extremely narrow-sighted and insulting to infer that simply because America has existed for less than 500 years, that somehow its history is less significant than other places in the world.

But whatever....

EDIT: You know, I just reread post#33. I think part of the problem that has led to this disagreement is the fact that you actually did respond to my questions, but you didn't include some quote tags in the appropriate spots. So it all looks like part of a post that I wrote. Read post#33 again, and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you had answered the questions in a more obvious manner, I might not have gotten so defensive.

Last edited by aquila; 10-06-2008 at 10:57 PM..

Old 10-06-2008, 11:07 PM

Listen.....I don't like arguing. I'm tired of it. So I'll extend my hand and offer an apology for offending you in any way.

I sincerely hope you have a great week!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:18 AM

149 posts, read 386,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Listen.....I don't like arguing. I'm tired of it. So I'll extend my hand and offer an apology for offending you in any way.

I sincerely hope you have a great week!
Accepted

Old 10-07-2008, 06:05 PM

Thanks. I appreciate it. I guess I have been a jerk lately, and I feel bad about it. Just stuff going on in my personal life, but that's no excuse to rag on others. So I'm gonna focus on wiping the slate clean and doing a better job at relating to people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati