U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 02:42 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,487,643 times

Advertisements

What a bold prediction this was?!? One of, if not the best team in the NFL will beat one of, if not the worst team in the NFL in their home stadium? Who are you.....Nostromos?

It went as i thought it may, the Bengals would have a NY Giants like performance, better then expected and do just enough to lose. In the end, they are 0 - 5 and the only teams i can confidently say that Cincy is better then would be STL and Detroit.

This team is an absolutely embarassment to themselves and the city. Last week Marvin blows all 3 timesouts in the 3rd quarter. This week they have a false start on their second offensive play and thats just because their first play was an interception. Marvin finally brings in his boy, Chris Henry and forgets he has to take another player out, penalty, 12 men in the huddle. Does this guy know football? He was supposed to be a defensive coach and the D is still pretty weak. The offense has been paltry this year as well. Chad is no where to be seen, the new TE aint no good and Chris Perry fumbles like he is carrying a greased squash. You know how good teams just do the things to win games. Well the Bengals are just that way but in the opposite..... you need a fumble here, ok we can do that. You need a penalty here, or a dropped pass, consider it done. I look at their schedule and i see 3 wins, maybe. And the way they do it, just looking lost and disorganized is the worst of it. Marvin is lost, only reason he hasnt been fired is because the Browns are too cheap to pay him for not working. After season is over, they will axe him but things dont change because the orginazation is a joke.

G Man
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 02:57 PM

149 posts, read 386,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman5431 View Post
What a bold prediction this was?!? One of, if not the best team in the NFL will beat one of, if not the worst team in the NFL in their home stadium? Who are you.....Nostromos?

It went as i thought it may, the Bengals would have a NY Giants like performance, better then expected and do just enough to lose. In the end, they are 0 - 5 and the only teams i can confidently say that Cincy is better then would be STL and Detroit.

This team is an absolutely embarassment to themselves and the city. Last week Marvin blows all 3 timesouts in the 3rd quarter. This week they have a false start on their second offensive play and thats just because their first play was an interception. Marvin finally brings in his boy, Chris Henry and forgets he has to take another player out, penalty, 12 men in the huddle. Does this guy know football? He was supposed to be a defensive coach and the D is still pretty weak. The offense has been paltry this year as well. Chad is no where to be seen, the new TE aint no good and Chris Perry fumbles like he is carrying a greased squash. You know how good teams just do the things to win games. Well the Bengals are just that way but in the opposite..... you need a fumble here, ok we can do that. You need a penalty here, or a dropped pass, consider it done. I look at their schedule and i see 3 wins, maybe. And the way they do it, just looking lost and disorganized is the worst of it. Marvin is lost, only reason he hasnt been fired is because the Browns are too cheap to pay him for not working. After season is over, they will axe him but things dont change because the orginazation is a joke.

G Man

Amen brother what a horrible team they have become. Well at least now you can't be dissapointed because you expect them to lose every week. The team is very badly managed and at this point i'm sure Marvin Lewis wants to be fired and another thing don't expect T.J. to be back next year.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:34 AM

8 posts, read 45,320 times
Even though there's really no such team called 'the bengles', they probably could still beat the The Bengals ;-)

Old 10-08-2008, 12:19 PM

6,351 posts, read 18,903,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach02116 View Post
Even though there's really no such team called 'the bengles', they probably could still beat the The Bengals ;-)
It was a typo; he meant "Bungles"...

Heard the Cincinnati City Council is going to designate Paul Brown Stadium a tornado shelter since there's no possibility of a TOUCHDOWN there...

Old 10-08-2008, 02:18 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,582,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
It was a typo; he meant "Bungles"...

Heard the Cincinnati City Council is going to designate Paul Brown Stadium a tornado shelter since there's no possibility of a TOUCHDOWN there...
Oh, that's bad.

You're a comedian, right? Don't quit your day job.

LOL!

Old 10-08-2008, 02:26 PM

31,227 posts, read 57,405,335 times
Yeah, I got that e-mail about the tornado shelter, too.

I also received a more objectionable version, from a Pittsburgh relative, substituting Cleveland and Cleveland Stadium for Cincinnati and PBS. (go Browns)

Here's an oldie but a goodie:

Q. How do you keep bengal tigers out of your yard?
A. Put up a goalpost.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:40 PM

18,064 posts, read 13,275,864 times
I've been boycotting the Bengals since about a year after Mike Brown took over. I refuse to watch or listen to any games, purchase any Bengals merchandise or support the team in any way, and go out of my way to purchase things outside of Hamilton County to deny them sales tax for the stadium.

I invite everyone to join me until such time as Brown no longer has any role in management, administration or coaching, and is simply an "aloof" owner of the team.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:05 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,582,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I've been boycotting the Bengals since about a year after Mike Brown took over. I refuse to watch or listen to any games, purchase any Bengals merchandise or support the team in any way, and go out of my way to purchase things outside of Hamilton County to deny them sales tax for the stadium.
I applaud you. It's likewise the reason I prefer to minimize my purchases made in Hamilton County. I honestly couldn't care less about the Bengals, and I still consider it a colossal mistake to have given them the stadium after threatening to leave town. I thought part of the deal was that they were going to field a winning team...??

Uh, heLLOOOOOOOoooooo....not happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati