U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 02:02 PM

48 posts, read 121,883 times

Advertisements

What are the best, and largest, chinese buffets in Cincinnati? Something closest to NKY would be great. Have had Asian Buffet and Golden Dragon in Florence but looking for something better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 02:51 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,578,963 times
Well, I'm going to let a little bit of my ignorance show and ask if there is a difference between a Chinese buffet and a regular Chinese restaurant...? I'm not sure I've ever actually been to a Chinese buffet, per se, as I don't generally eat Chinese that much. I do like it, but it seems I never can find a really decent restaurant close by, so I simply don't do it much.

However, in the past, I've always found A&J in Oakley to be my favorite. It's not exactly close to NKY, but I'd consider it worth the added drive.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:25 AM

2,204 posts, read 5,843,057 times
I don't know if they have a buffet or not, but Dragon City delivers and has EXCELLENT food!

Old 10-13-2008, 07:30 AM

189 posts, read 600,745 times
I have to say the larger buffets that I have been to are of "iffy" quality. In Hyde Park Plaza, near Biggs, is First Wok. They have a really good lunch buffet. The place is small, so you can see them constantly refilling the food on the buffet, thus knowing the food is fresh.

Polly Campbell reviewed a Japanese buffet Friday:
Kyojin borrows buffet from Chinese | Cincinnati Enquirer | Cincinnati.Com

Old 10-14-2008, 06:53 AM

246 posts, read 881,867 times
Default Johnny Chan 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpin.josh View Post
What are the best, and largest, chinese buffets in Cincinnati? Something closest to NKY would be great. Have had Asian Buffet and Golden Dragon in Florence but looking for something better.
It's not in NKY, but Johnny Chan 2 at Harper's Point has a pretty great buffet. The food is fresh and there's a large variety.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:26 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,484,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
I don't know if they have a buffet or not, but Dragon City delivers and has EXCELLENT food!
Dragon City 10 Minute!! Haha, that place rocks. $4 for lunch special - get the General Tso. Great deal, good amount of food and they dont scimp on chicken the way many places do.

G Man

Old 10-14-2008, 08:27 AM

There are two Chinese Buffets in Blue Ash right near my work, that i go to and enjoy. Both are about $6 for lunch. One is Johnny Chans and the other, is across the street and i forget the name. It used to be White Swan but closed and opened with new name/mgmt. Its next to Decent Deli which isnt Chinese but a great lunch diner.

G Man

Old 10-14-2008, 03:11 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,843,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman5431 View Post
Dragon City 10 Minute!! Haha, that place rocks. $4 for lunch special - get the General Tso. Great deal, good amount of food and they dont scimp on chicken the way many places do.

G Man
Ah man ... you know about Dragon City, huh? That's hilarious! I order from the Reading Rd. location and that lady is crazy!

I prepare my nerves to be shot whenever I order from there! lol

"What you havin ... okay ... hold on ... okay go head ... Yeah, I'll take sesame chicken ... okay ... sesame chicken, what else? ... hol on ... okay .... go head"

lol! I love it though!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Ah man ... you know about Dragon City, huh? That's hilarious! I order from the Reading Rd. location and that lady is crazy!

I prepare my nerves to be shot whenever I order from there! lol

"What you havin ... okay ... hold on ... okay go head ... Yeah, I'll take sesame chicken ... okay ... sesame chicken, what else? ... hol on ... okay .... go head"

lol! I love it though!
Yeah they are funny and the food is great for the price. I like it because they dont scimp you on the meat like most ppl do.

G Man

Old 10-19-2008, 01:32 PM

7,136 posts, read 10,665,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntnb View Post
It's not in NKY, but Johnny Chan 2 at Harper's Point has a pretty great buffet. The food is fresh and there's a large variety.
I have to agree with you. If you want excellent food quality and beautiful presentation this is the place to go. It's one of the classiest buffets around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati