U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:06 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,484,411 times

Advertisements

Yeah, we all cant wait until you move as well. City is right, quoting 8.5% and diverse in the same sentance is hillarious.

Where you moving next? I heard Vermont is very diverse!

G Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 05:39 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,579,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
lets just agree to disagree.
I'd like to do that, but it seems a bit difficult when my words are constantly picked apart by people. But fine....from now one let's just state our opinions and leave it at that.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Of the more than 2.1 people in the metro area you are basing your decision to move away because of a couple of forumers and a few dozen people you have meet outside the forum in the region? LOL Seriously i think you are the one that has problems, not everyone else.
Oh get real. Recognize the sarcasm. Did I say everyone else has problems? If I move away from the area, I assure you it has nothing to do with the forumers here at C-D. It wouldn't even have anything to do with any sort of hatred I may or may not have toward Cincinnati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman5431
Yeah, we all cant wait until you move as well. City is right, quoting 8.5% and diverse in the same sentance is hillarious.

Where you moving next? I heard Vermont is very diverse!
Well, let's see....8.5% compared to 4.1% eight years ago.....sounds like the diversity is on the rise in the area. But not going to argue back and forth with you guys about this. If you're content on being "bullyish", then I have more adult things to do.

And I'm sure as a gay man, I'd feel much more comfortable in Vermont than I would in Cincinnati any day. Thanks for the suggestion. I was actually considering other places, but now Vermont will be added to my list.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:01 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,843,647 times
^ For God's sake you're gay and you live in WC?! Man, it gets better and better day.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:40 AM

455 posts, read 1,668,658 times
I had no idea they made rainbow McCain/Palin yard signs.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:41 PM

They do? Where did you see them?

Old 10-21-2008, 03:49 PM

He's probably referring to the amount of Repub's in WC.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:56 PM

107 posts, read 208,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEmom View Post
I have read many of the posts and I am trying to narrow down areas to look for housing as my husband has an excellent chance for a position with GE Aviation (IT). I will have to find a federal job to transfer into...

Anyway, we are a family of 5 including one gifted and one special needs child (requires total care). We currently live in a neighborhood with a pool, playground, tennis, and golf and lots of activities and the kids attend good public schools. We are a black family but would prefer a diverse racial neighborhood.

House price point would probably be in the high $200s to low $300s and up to the upper $300s if I can find a comparable federal position in Cinci area. We will need to build or renovate to accommodate our son's wheelchair.

By the way, since we are in Atlanta area, we are used to driving so anything less than 1 hour each way would be a blessing.

Okay - I am ready to hear any adn all suggestions.

Thanks!
Check out Four Bridges in West Chester/Liberty Township as well as Wetherington. Both are a little more upscale communities but very diverse. Not just in race but in culture, religion and background. Both communities have many GE, P&G, IBM and many other families relocated from the larger companies.

I'm sure your realtor can offer suggestions as well.

Good Luck!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:12 PM

I'm totally NOT going to say anything right now.

Oooops....I guess I just did. Hmmmm......well then, in that case, I'll just say "Thank You" to RedBankGirl for confirming that I'm not as deluded as some people would like to think. I guess I'm just the resident "evil gay white boy from West Chester who doesn't know anything about the place he calls home".

Old 10-22-2008, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
I'll just say "Thank You" to RedBankGirl for confirming that I'm not as deluded as some people would like to think.
Hold on for second ... so are you saying WC is more than 8% black now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or