Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 5,466 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I just found this site and have been searching the web with no luck, and hopefully some folks here can help.

My wife is originally from Mexico, so Spanish is her first language. She's looking for a place to get her hair cut/styled/colored/etc. and she finds that sometimes, she has a difficulty in communicating exactly what she wants done in English.

Does anyone know of places in the Cincinnati area that have either Spanish-speaking hair stylists or even a hispanic hair salon? We're in the Fairfield area, but it doesn't necessarily have to be there, just as long as we can find someone who's good and reasonably priced...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 12:56 PM

414 posts, read 1,277,145 times
With the rising hispanic population in Hamilton, you might want to try there. I no longer live in the area, so I don't know, but where I currently live (Charlotte) we have a Hispanic produced newspaper that is full of adds for spanish speaking businesses. Perhaps, Cincy has the same.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 7,867 times
Default hamilton/fairfield

There is one on route 4 not sure if it is hamilton or fairfield. There is a large hispanic population there. We just moved from fairfield to Northern Ky. The sheriff there hates hispanics, so I do not wish to raise our children there. Feel free to message me!
Dela

Old 11-17-2008, 03:34 AM

1 posts, read 5,335 times
We are a local beauty school that has been open to Hispanic students for 9 years without much success. we are located at Jordan's Crossing in Cincinnati. Our website is: Moore Universite of Hair Design - Home Call- 513-531-3100

Old 12-03-2008, 08:52 PM

71 posts, read 191,924 times
Default Hamilton, not too far from fairfield

In hamilton, i think on rt. 4, there is a string of businesses catering to the hispanic population. In the taquerias, there is always a small hispanic newpaper that is full of local ads.

If you're having trouble finding the names of places, try going to lunch at Taqueria Mercado in Hamilton and just ask around. I'm sure the staff there could give you some ideas.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:22 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,083 times
For some reason the name escapes me right now. There is a barber shop/beauty salon in Hamilton on Route 4. I love the diversity of the shop and they cater to all races and perform services for all textures of hair. I am still trying to think of the name. Well anyway they are not far from the K-Mart on Route 4. Go pass the light and start looking to the left, they are right next door to some off brand gas station. Really nice atmosphere and they do great work. When my son gets home I will ask him the name-we send people all the time, but the name always escapes me. He goes about every four to six weeks to get a trim.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:40 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
For some reason the name escapes me right now. There is a barber shop/beauty salon in Hamilton on Route 4. I love the diversity of the shop and they cater to all races and perform services for all textures of hair. I am still trying to think of the name. Well anyway they are not far from the K-Mart on Route 4. Go pass the light and start looking to the left, they are right next door to some off brand gas station. Really nice atmosphere and they do great work. When my son gets home I will ask him the name-we send people all the time, but the name always escapes me. He goes about every four to six weeks to get a trim.
The name of the Salon is Cuba's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati