U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-26-2008, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 9,604 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm in search of an adult night club that is open-minded and tolerant of couples who're looking for a night of mindless self indugence. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 07:08 AM

2,204 posts, read 4,452,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims_Girl View Post
Hello, I'm in search of an adult night club that is open-minded and tolerant of couples who're looking for a night of mindless self indugence. Thanks!
Just go to any of the clubs then.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:49 PM

4,123 posts, read 6,481,969 times
I was astonished to find out recently that the notorious Brass A$$ in Newport is still in business! Before that city got all touristy and yuppified with the "Levee" and condo towers, its place on the map was as a vice den for squeaky-clean Cincinnati: gambling operations, strip joints, etc were winked at by the cops and brought in a ton o' money. Monmouth and York Streets - parallel thoroughfares downtown - were the center for this sort of activity, especially in the 600 to 800 blocks. But thanks to a push toward "cleaning up" that city there's a lot less of this naughtiness going on now.

As for Cincy itself, the puritan attitude personified by overzealous characters like Simon Leis, Charlie Winburn, Phil Burress, etc still holds sway. The Playboy Club vanished during the '80s, the Gayety burlesque theater before then. Forget about finding any nightspots like Centerfolds or Scores, hahahaha, there isn't even a Hooters within the city limits! Supposedly, ridding downtown of "adult" businesses and keeping them out of neighborhoods would lower crime rates and make for a more livable environment. You'd have to search high and low to find a Cincinnatian old enough to remember back to the '70s and before who would say they feel safer in town now than they did when there was a handful of XXX theaters and dirty-book stores tucked in among the dozens of "legitimate" businesses. Nearly all that kind of stuff has migrated to the Internet anyway.

This was written under the assumption that the TO was referring to a "swingers" sort of establishment, given the usage of terms such as "tolerant" and "open-minded." If it was actually just to ask about someplace which would be OK with people getting blotto on top-shelf liquor and dancing on the table after the leftovers from their overpriced meal were cleared away, my bad. "Any of them" would be my answer also, if that's the case. LOL

Old 10-29-2008, 08:15 AM

1,123 posts, read 2,024,505 times
i will be helping a friend in two weeks (miamiville area). i noticed this thread, we were planning a night out. should we travel across to ky. or stay on the cinci side downtown..? how late are the bars open, is one side open later ? any suggestions for a bar/club on either side that is good for 30-40 yr olds ?

Old 10-29-2008, 03:10 PM

710 posts, read 2,023,560 times
Cincinnati side has, for the 30-40 year old crowd, Havana Martini Club, Twist, Nicholsons, Mixx is supposed to be nice but haven't been

Old 10-29-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
i will be helping a friend in two weeks (miamiville area). i noticed this thread, we were planning a night out. should we travel across to ky. or stay on the cinci side downtown..? how late are the bars open, is one side open later ? any suggestions for a bar/club on either side that is good for 30-40 yr olds ?
1water, we've gone back and forth before over this very topic ... now that you get a chance to see for yourself ... let the nightlife masta plan it for you. lol

What are you guys into? Clubs/Bars/Pubs ... laid back/chill/hole in the wall ... modern/cozy ... what'd you guys drink? Music: acoustic/house/rap/hip-hop/rock ... Food, prices?

Old 10-31-2008, 07:41 AM

1,123 posts, read 2,024,505 times
cinci-rise, bars/pubs (maybe some live music,anything but country or hard-rap) jazz would be cool... we will not get downtown until around 11-12, do the bars on both sides close at the same time ? we prefer not to have to drive around much.thanks

Old 10-31-2008, 05:43 PM

The bars close at 2:30 a.m. on both sides.

When are you arriving?

Old 06-02-2012, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,740 times
Default I remember it well.

I'd feel safer walking down the 1970s Vine Street (at midnight) of the Commodore, Capitol and Stage Door bars, than today's, by far. It was an innocent evil back then. Anyone remember?

I was astonished to find out recently that the notorious Brass A$$ in Newport is still in business! Before that city got all touristy and yuppified with the "Levee" and condo towers, its place on the map was as a vice den for squeaky-clean Cincinnati: gambling operations, strip joints, etc were winked at by the cops and brought in a ton o' money. Monmouth and York Streets - parallel thoroughfares downtown - were the center for this sort of activity, especially in the 600 to 800 blocks. But thanks to a push toward "cleaning up" that city there's a lot less of this naughtiness going on now.

As for Cincy itself, the puritan attitude personified by overzealous characters like Simon Leis, Charlie Winburn, Phil Burress, etc still holds sway. The Playboy Club vanished during the '80s, the Gayety burlesque theater before then. Forget about finding any nightspots like Centerfolds or Scores, hahahaha, there isn't even a Hooters within the city limits! Supposedly, ridding downtown of "adult" businesses and keeping them out of neighborhoods would lower crime rates and make for a more livable environment. You'd have to search high and low to find a Cincinnatian old enough to remember back to the '70s and before who would say they feel safer in town now than they did when there was a handful of XXX theaters and dirty-book stores tucked in among the dozens of "legitimate" businesses. Nearly all that kind of stuff has migrated to the Internet anyway.

This was written under the assumption that the TO was referring to a "swingers" sort of establishment, given the usage of terms such as "tolerant" and "open-minded." If it was actually just to ask about someplace which would be OK with people getting blotto on top-shelf liquor and dancing on the table after the leftovers from their overpriced meal were cleared away, my bad. "Any of them" would be my answer also, if that's the case. LOL[/quote]

Old 06-06-2012, 08:44 AM

8,717 posts, read 7,021,111 times
I feel Cincinnati is much better off since the sleaze element was run out of town. Call it Puritanical if you want, but I call it a reaffirmation of Cincinnati's family orientation. Simon Leis was relentless. I am rather amazed the element has effectively been kept out of Cincinnati for so many years.

I have grown so accustomed to it, when I visit other cities and see large billboards right off the interstate for strip clubs and XXX bookstores, etc. I am temporarilly taken aback. Then my brain kicks in and reminds me of why I live in Cincinnati.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati