U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-18-2007, 11:23 PM

4 posts, read 11,775 times

Advertisements

I have seen a lot of nice houses for sale in Kennedy Heights at a very reasonable price. Can you tell me how this area is and what we can expect (school is not an issue for us and we do not like to be too far from the city).

Thanks a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 05:07 PM

45 posts, read 193,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoland_iz View Post
I have seen a lot of nice houses for sale in Kennedy Heights at a very reasonable price. Can you tell me how this area is and what we can expect (school is not an issue for us and we do not like to be too far from the city).

Thanks a lot
You're probably going to hear a lot of negatives about Kennedy Heights but I wouldn't necessarily rule it out.

The biggest negative is that the stretch of Montgomery Road through Kennedy Heights is very unattractive, with a number of abandoned stores. Whereas the surrounding neighborhoods such as Pleasant Ridge to the south, Kenwood, Silverton, and Amberley Village to the north, and Madiera to the east are in varying degrees considered to be nicer and safer, and do not have the commercial blight of Kennedy Heights. Back in the 60s and 70s, you could attribute the lower prices for houses in Kennedy Heights to "white flight" but I doubt that is an issue anymore. Kennedy Heights is probably a predominately middle class black neighborhood. It has highly diverse housing types, from very old along Coleridge Ave, to housing built in the 1950s (which in the city of Cincinnati is fairly new, as the city was built out to its limits during that decade and is otherwise surrounded by incorporated towns for the most part.

I don't know if Kennedy Heights is particularly crime-prone. In general I've found the Cincinnatians get hyper about crime figures that larger cities would be happy to have. You will also hear from African-Americans that the relationship with the police department is poor. There have been a number of highly publicized incidents that suggest that is the case.

Having said this, if Kennedy Heights is your price range you would be wise to check it out personally. You might also consider College Hill and Mount Airy on the northwest side of town, or Golf Manor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati