Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 11:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,714 times

Advertisements

Not only is there not a 7-11 in Cincinnati, there also isn't a Whataburger, Wienerschnitzel or a Taco Villa. I had to go way up Montgomery Road, just to go to Sonic. I think I miss Whataburger and 7-11 more than the others, but I sure could go for some Wienerschnitzel chilidogs about now. I had to buy Wolf brand chili online and Peach Mango Vitamin Water from a distributor in New York. I hate to say this, but maybe I should move back. At least I could get most of the items that I wanted, with little or no problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 07:12 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
That's funny, because I buy Skyline Chili online when I can't get back to Cincinnati fast enough to replenish my stash.

Why did you move to Cincinnati in the first place? Surely it was something more important than being near your favorite chain restaurants.

You want a burger? Go to Zip's in Mt. Lookout, or Habit's in Oakley. A hot dog? Get one from a street vendor -- I recommend the guy in front of the post office on Dalton Avenue. Hankerin' for some Tex-Mex? El Coyote in Anderson Township.

Enjoy.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:51 AM

455 posts, read 1,884,803 times
You miss 7-11?

Old 03-26-2009, 01:30 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's funny, because I buy Skyline Chili online when I can't get back to Cincinnati fast enough to replenish my stash.
Hey Ohiogirl81, you don't go to the Skyline website to order it, do you? If you still know anyone in Cincinnati, ask them to buy it and ship it to you. Tell them to go to Sam's Club and pick up a 24-can case. The cans are the same 15oz size sold at the Skyline website. My dad's best friend lives in Vegas, and he recently asked us to ship him some. It cost about $80 total for the chili and shipping. If you go to the Skyline website, the same order would cost $120!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
You miss 7-11?
Yeah, I don't understand that either. 7-11 used to be in Cincinnati, but not sure why it was a big deal. Just another convenient store, if you ask me. And why not go to UDF? You can't find a better chocolate malt anywhere!

Old 03-26-2009, 02:34 PM

279 posts, read 718,004 times
Yeah, 7-11 ain't got **** on UDF. I don't get that either. Local food for sure, but if you open up, you'll find that there's a lot to like here. LaBullBoxer31 Pizza, Skyline Chili, Graeter's Ice Cream, Montgomery Inn...those are some of the most well known.

But Ohiogirl is right...Zip's makes a seksi burger, plus it's got a sweet little train running around the top of the walls. Mecklenburg Gardens is a nice German place (Cincinnati has a lot of German roots afterall), there's so much.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:44 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Yeah, I don't understand that either. 7-11 used to be in Cincinnati, but not sure why it was a big deal.
Didn't Phil Burress and the Citizens for Community Values picket 7-11 for selling Playboy ... or something equally innocuous?

But yeah, I didn't miss 7-11 either. Pumpkin ice cream with hot fudge over top () beats a Big Gulp any ol' time.

Thanks for the tip about Skyline. The shipping costs sound about equal to the $$ it takes in gas to drive to town.

*sigh*

Old 03-27-2009, 01:20 PM

602 posts, read 2,034,241 times
Quote:

Why did you move to Cincinnati in the first place? Surely it was something more important than being near your favorite chain restaurants.
Yea, if anything Cincy has some of the most unique local food of any place in Ohio, and I'm saying this as a person who's never been there! But, I've had the pleasure of knowing some folks from down there and trying the local specialties and have been quite impressed.

Skyline Chili rules! We get the frozen packages here in Youngstown, but not the cans. Is it me or is the stuff in the cans runnier than the frozen or the stuff you get at the restaurants? I picked some up this past fall when I was working out in Marion. I found I had to drain it before it even came close.

Any Goetta fans here? That I can't get here.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:08 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,509,550 times
The Cincinnati Chili in cans is runnier than what you get in the parlours, but it helps if you shake a can vigorously before opening it. Especially if you've had the cans for a while...

As for goetta...ugh. Sometimes I thought I was the only person in the Tri-State who couldn't stand that stuff (heavily German family).

Old 03-27-2009, 04:18 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
Quote:
Didn't Phil Burress and the Citizens for Community Values picket 7-11 for selling Playboy ... or something equally innocuous?
*sigh*
... but UDF sells these? Hmmm ...

Old 03-27-2009, 04:19 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyenative01 View Post
The Cincinnati Chili in cans is runnier than what you get in the parlours, but it helps if you shake a can vigorously before opening it. Especially if you've had the cans for a while...

As for goetta...ugh. Sometimes I thought I was the only person in the Tri-State who couldn't stand that stuff (heavily German family).
Is that you, Buckeye ... from SSP? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati