U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandoz View Post
That is exactly the neighborhood.

I lived off Roe for 1 year. I had my house broken into more then 5 times within that year.I would say two thirds of my street were black THe other half white.
i WOULD say stay away from Madisonville, for the money you pay you are better off getting a less quality house somewhere in the near buy townships of Mariemont , Madeira , Blue Ash .

Whereever you are in Madisonville you are not far at all from a Drug Deal , Crack head, burglar , rapist , theif , troubled kid ready to cause trouble, the youth in the area are absurdly out of control as they see things happening in Avondale and feel the need to maintain there "HOOD" like theres, as if it is a cool thing. Trust me, you don't want to me in Madisonville .

Last edited by Keeper; 11-26-2008 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: removed capitalization of BLACK.. some found offensive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 09:51 AM

4,730 posts, read 10,936,243 times
Seems like everything is in favor of your going there! A block that's dead quiet on a Sunday afternoon is definitely preferable to one with people hanging around doing nothing and looking suspicious. Best yet, though, is one where folks are raking leaves and washing their cars and yakking it up with each other. Maybe the weather conditions weren't conducive to that on the day you looked around.
Commuting to Amelia would be a snap, because it'd be a reverse commute (much more traffic headed in the opposite direction.)
Madisonville is not in the throes of gentrification - unlike Northside, OTR, and sections of Walnut Hills - so the presence of new, not to mention "pale," faces on a street there shouldn't stir up any tension. You're there because you like the house and its convenience, not to update the property so you can flip it in five years when the neighborhood is the next Hyde Park or Clifton and everybody wants to live there. Now's the perfect time of year to be moving in someplace, if you're going to be setting up housekeeping by mid-December. You can pick a weekend day, or even a weekday evening, then put flyers in the mailboxes of surrounding residences for an open house on that day. It so happened that my upstairs neighbors at the time were hosting a cookout for neighbors and friends on the day I moved into my place - what luck!!! Everybody's curiosity over who'd taken over the unit was satisfied "just like that." Plus, it's 2008 so few people will accept or reject you by appearances alone. In my experience outright hostility from "non-Whites" has dwindled to an almost insignificant level as time's gone on. What's key is to meet folks at least halfway, and extending an open-house invitation sight unseen would move you toward that nicely. Just knowing that "the new people" are interested in getting to know who lives around them speaks well for you in the eyes of your abutters. Whether or not they take you up on the invite or ever step through your door doesn't matter, the message will remain.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:15 PM

6 posts, read 76,255 times
We went back to check out the house again Saturday afternoon...the results were good and bad. Good that the immediate area still looked quiet. In an hour there I only saw three people, and two of those were back in the alley a couple houses up the street working on a beautiful 58 Cadillac Convertible (car nut here). The bad is that we found some structural issues with the house. We've not ruled it out completely, but the cost of repairs has quieted it's speaking to my wife...for now.

The search resumes........

Thanks for all your input.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:45 PM

4 posts, read 22,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati T View Post
I lived off Roe for 1 year. I had my house broken into more then 5 times within that year.I would say two thirds of my street were BLACK THe other half white.
i WOULD say stay away from Madisonville, for the money you pay you are better off getting a less quality house somewhere in the near buy townships of Mariemont , Madeira , Blue Ash .

Whereever you are in Madisonville you are not far at all from a Drug Deal , Crack HEAD, BURGLAR , rapist , theif , troubled kid ready to cause trouble, the youth in the area are absurdly out of control as they see things happening in Avondale and feel the need to maintain there "HOOD" like theres, as if it is a cool thing. Trust me, you don't want to me in Madisonville .
What did you do to warrant your house broken into 5 times?

Keep in mind that if you were an easy mark TWICE then there's no reason to stop!

Also, nice use of math. 2/3 BLACK (great emphasis... sorry but your racism is showing) and 1/2 White? as that makes for more than 100%, I guess there are no Latin Americans, Asians, or the dreaded Other, eh?

Old 12-04-2008, 06:47 PM

3 posts, read 9,246 times
ANyone would you kind to tell me about Madisonville coorectly?And the job apportunities available there?And how safe and recreational is the life there?Dou think it works for a holiday or a study?

Old 12-23-2008, 12:46 AM

95 posts, read 348,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAN24 View Post
Well smart guy, I have three cars for one , all were new cars which would perhaps suggest I have a bit of money, the house I LIVED in was a nice house and for sure the most expensive house on my part of Roe, I did not report the break ins the first two times it happened so that maybe made me an easy mark again as the people breaking in would realize they would not be observed by any law official.

I often would play ball at Bramble where I got to know some of the younger locals and everything they were about, I played ball with A YOUNG MAN by the name of Yancey GATES, if you are a sports fan in Cincy you should know who he is,
some of his peers and friends in the area had some issues, the drugs , guns and theft in Madisonville are rampant ,
Anyone on this forum who thinks Mad-Ville is a safe and a nice place to live is wrong ,simply put.
You just are.
You don't know that truth . It isn't Detroit, but it is a little **** whole in it's own right.

Also, Cincy for the most part is black and white, there is an increasing number of Latinos yes, in Madisonville though, I don't ever recall seeing one who thought he could speak any Spanish...

Old 09-01-2009, 02:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,415 times
I have lived in Madisonville since 2002 and have seen radical improvements. Neighbors on my street (Lucerne Ave.) know each other by name and will often stop for a chat. People take pride in their homes and have landscaped beautifully. Many historic restored homes and very quiet. Mine is up for sale since my children have moved out and it is a five bedroom. You can view it at :
[url=http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4515-Lucerne-Ave-Cincinnati-OH-45227/34206293_zpid/]4515 Lucerne Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45227 - Zillow[/url]

Last edited by marsa7; 09-01-2009 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 09-01-2009, 10:05 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,844,931 times
Not bad, I'd recommend it to a family member without hesitation.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:09 PM

4,730 posts, read 10,936,243 times
Always cracks me up to see a thread revive when the TO has long since done whatever they decided to do...

Old 09-02-2009, 06:04 AM

1,055 posts, read 3,562,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Always cracks me up to see a thread revive when the TO has long since done whatever they decided to do...
LOL I was thinking the same thing yesterday, and the post is usually brought back to life by a newbie...I did the SAME THING when I started posting here. THe worse though is when the OP only posts ONE TIME and never logs back in again but the thread keeps coming back alive..even though the OP is MIA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati