Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 12:21 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,145,840 times

Advertisements

Since everyone is asking the same question, and the same places keep getting mentioned over and over, I thought I'd save everyone some time by telling you straight out what you're looking for if you're from out of the Cincinnati area, and you're considering a move here:

If you want urban and diverse, it's the following:

Mt. Adams
Over-the-Rhine
Hyde Park
Oakley
Wyoming
Clifton Gaslight
Northside

If you want suburban, it's the following:

West Chester
Mason

If you want small town near the area, but still have a country feel, it's the following:

Lebanon
Waynesville

If you want active, somewhat liberal/open college town close to Cincinnati, it's the following:

Oxford

If you can't stand the thought of living on the Ohio side of the river, it's the following:

Newport
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 12:48 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,145,840 times
P.S. The rest of you fill in the blanks I've missed, as I'm sure I did. My brain is mush today.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:56 PM

710 posts, read 3,044,819 times
I would pull Wyoming out and put it in

Small Town Surrounded by Suburban Sprawl

Wyoming
Mariemont
Glendale

Old 11-13-2008, 12:57 PM

455 posts, read 1,883,868 times
If you want guns, drugs and HIV infected prostitutes:

<b>Price Hill</b>

Old 11-13-2008, 09:00 PM

1,071 posts, read 4,451,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post

<b>Price Hill</b>
lmao how did you narrow it down to price hill?

Old 11-14-2008, 05:34 PM

71 posts, read 191,914 times
Default Small city off 275

Everyone always forgets Milford, half suburb/half small town.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:59 PM

77 posts, read 195,327 times
Quote:

<b>Price Hill</b>
if you like overated 80's alternative rock bands from Minneapolis listen to Husker Du. (I prefer Sugar and Bob Mould's solo stuff myself) By the way you left out urban pioneers, Price Hill Will, great architecture, Elder football, the Eco Village, Covedale Theater, Mt. Echo Park, Price Hill Chili, and a nice new Kroger. And how to do know the prostitues are HIV positive?

Old 11-14-2008, 11:58 PM

455 posts, read 1,883,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by price hill will View Post
if you like overated 80's alternative rock bands from Minneapolis listen to Husker Du. (I prefer Sugar and Bob Mould's solo stuff myself) By the way you left out urban pioneers, Price Hill Will, great architecture, Elder football, the Eco Village, Covedale Theater, Mt. Echo Park, Price Hill Chili, and a nice new Kroger. And how to do know the prostitues are HIV positive?
Husker Du: You have to be kidding me (not about Bob and Sugar being great!)... that band defined the genre of what is now referred to as alternative rock and most artists who emulate anything from classic hardcore to shoe(new)gaze...and even popular bands like Foo Fighters will tell you the same. If you like Sugar, check out this tribute album put together by some cat in Russia. It's pretty good.

Milk Milk Lemonade: Life After SUGAR: Tribute CD

Price Hill and The News: Don't believe everything you read...right? I would normally agree, but every day on the local news websites, and I mean EVERY DAY, there is another mugshot of some inbred looking mutant (is there a loser-exchange program between PH and Covington??) that raped multiple family members/shot someone in the face/left kids starving in a house of filth... or various combinations of these things and also the stories about prostitution rings and the follow up stories about HIV and some of the hookers who had additional charges as a result of knowingly soliciting with it. Seriously, how do you expect people like myself who have been in Cincinnati for only two years to want to visit such a place?

I've read in this forum that there are different areas of Price Hill, but when I hear about the good things it sounds like a forced sales pitch.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:53 PM

77 posts, read 195,327 times
Quote:
Husker Du: You have to be kidding me (not about Bob and Sugar being great!)... that band defined the genre of what is now referred to as alternative rock and most artists who emulate anything from classic hardcore to shoe(new)gaze...and even popular bands like Foo Fighters will tell you the same. If you like Sugar, check out this tribute album put together by some cat in Russia. It's pretty good.

Milk Milk Lemonade: Life After SUGAR: Tribute CD

Price Hill and The News: Don't believe everything you read...right? I would normally agree, but every day on the local news websites, and I mean EVERY DAY, there is another mugshot of some inbred looking mutant (is there a loser-exchange program between PH and Covington??) that raped multiple family members/shot someone in the face/left kids starving in a house of filth... or various combinations of these things and also the stories about prostitution rings and the follow up stories about HIV and some of the hookers who had additional charges as a result of knowingly soliciting with it. Seriously, how do you expect people like myself who have been in Cincinnati for only two years to want to visit such a place?

I've read in this forum that there are different areas of Price Hill, but when I hear about the good things it sounds like a forced sales pitch.
The media in general tends to perpetuate stereotypes and Price Hill is so exception. I was just given you hard time about Husker Du. I'm not a big fan but they of course wereq very influential on the genre. I learned a lot about them when I read the book " This Band could be your Life".
Sorry I didn't mean for my diatribe to come off like a sales pitch. I just get tired of hearing about the all the bad stuff. This place has the potential to be Yuppieville USA in the next 10-20 years. I've just been here 4 years myself. My old lady and I moved from our native utopian city of Lexington. We knew what were getting into moving to PH, but considering how cool my 130 year house it is absolutely worth the crap that goes on here. The crap doesn't happen on my street anymore because of taken care of the crappers.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:53 PM

28 posts, read 83,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
I would pull Wyoming out and put it in

Small Town Surrounded by Suburban Sprawl

Wyoming
Mariemont
Glendale

I second this. No one ever mentions mariemont on here and I love that town

And Price hill does suck absolutely HIV infected prostitutes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati