U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 01:29 PM

710 posts, read 2,648,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
HuskerDu, for what it's worth, I just remembered that my grandmother used to take her dog to this place when she lived in Oakley:

Oakley Square Animal Hospital 513-731-7900 Cincinnati Ohio 45209"

But truth be told, I don't know how good they are. It was just close to her.
we used to go there, did a good job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 02:16 PM

455 posts, read 1,668,658 times
Thanks for all of the feedback!

Old 11-18-2008, 03:41 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,579,354 times
Let us know how the cats do. Show us some pics.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Let us know how the cats do. Show us some pics.
Cheers and here ya go... It might be TMI to post this here but oh well. There are some pictures of the cats in this silly myspazz blog of mine from earlier this year (March) when we still lived downtown before moving to Norwood. We went to the no-kill cat shelter on Red Bank road to gather our new friends and those people were absolutely wonderful. Anyways, here they are. Bus and Ben.

Myspace.com Blogs - Tina’s, Cats and other such nonsense... - 4casey4 MySpace Blog

Nevermind my ridiculous rant btw... uggg.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
Cheers and here ya go... It might be TMI to post this here but oh well. There are some pictures of the cats in this silly myspazz blog of mine from earlier this year (March) when we still lived downtown before moving to Norwood. We went to the no-kill cat shelter on Red Bank road to gather our new friends and those people were absolutely wonderful. Anyways, here they are. Bus and Ben.

Myspace.com Blogs - Tina’s, Cats and other such nonsense... - 4casey4 MySpace Blog

Nevermind my ridiculous rant btw... uggg.
Damn, you're cute.

Er....sorry. That was probably inappropriate, though it's true.

Oh....the cats are gorgeous. HUGE! My gosh, reminds me of the cat I had in the 70s and 80s. His name was Whiskers, and when he stretched out his legs I'd swear they stretched from one side of a bed to the other. But he was a gentle guy....very loving and friendly.

Pssst.....stop smoking. It's bad for you.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:17 PM

I know about the smoking... one or even two packs a day (weekends) is getting to me *cough* big time but everytime I quit for a month or so I get this horrid bloat and other physical crap that comes to life after my deadend senses return to haunt. Anyways, the grey cat is Ben and must be around a similar size to what Whiskers was. He is sooo long and does his nightly stretch across the entire bed making it impossible to move without a big protest on his part...love it though.

Thanks for the compliment btw... cheers.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:00 PM

I understand about the smoking. I used to smoke, and my day couldn't start until I had a cigarette. Then, I had to smoke after each meal and before I went to bed. I never quite got up to 2 packs a day...maybe 1 1/4 at my heaviest point. And despite what people say, it is a great way to keep the weight off you. I guess because smoking is in and of itself a distracting activity that fulfills you somehow. The gratification that results from the oral/digital routine is just as strong as the nicotine one. When that is gone, people turn to food to fill the craving, in part because they need the sensation of picking up something and putting in in their mouths. I ultimately had to cold-turkey it - I'm actually allergic to cigarette smoke and the coughing fits and burning throat finally got to be too much for me to keep putting up with.

Anyway.....I actually think from looking at that picture of Ben that he's probably larger than Whiskers. But I'll tell you, the huge cats make the best ones....they are so loving. I miss having a cat sometimes.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
We have two cats and it's time to get check-ups, shots and even ridiculous sounding stuff like teeth cleaning done. Can anyone recommend a good vet located semi-close to where Oakley, Norwood and Hyde Park connect? We originally visited a place in Mt. Lookout and had a less than...um, good experience there so if anyone has suggestions we (and the cats) would appreciate it big time!!
Yes ..... I take my pets to Dr. Peter Hill in Blue Ash.
He has two spotless locations with very helpful staff.
I have beent o his Loveland facility as well, which is brand new with a cute pet supply/gift/toys store attached to his hospital.
The official name is pet care animal hospital. His website is awful.
Give him a call. Good Luck
[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=2]8610 Blue Ash Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
Phone: (513) 793-3032
[EMAIL="drhill@fuse.net"]drhill@fuse.net[/EMAIL]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=2]10570 Loveland/Maderia Rd
Loveland, Ohio 45140
Phone: (513) 677-3666
[EMAIL="drhill@fuse.net"]drhill@fuse.net[/EMAIL]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 12-02-2008, 10:04 AM

561 posts, read 1,779,381 times
Have you tried the Hyde Park Vet Clinic? It more-or-less meets your geographic requirements since it is right smack on the border of Hyde Park and Oakley (on Paxton near the corner with Wasson).

I take my dog there. No problems yet.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,572 times
Dr.Wood. 5050 ridge rd. cin,oh 513.631.1111.
Also have 2 cats.Great vet,straight to the point,free tarter removal.Complete vaccinations w/check-up was $60.00.Love my boys{cats}.Love Dr.Wood .Very quainy,personal,old school kind of a guy.Definetly will not over charge or "suggest" any unnnecessary tests,etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati