U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2007, 08:46 AM

34 posts, read 127,434 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Toledo but I am considering moving to Cincinatti. Can anyone direct me to an area of Cincinatti where Division I high school football is one of the big attractions? My wife and I are young and have yet to start a family beyond us, but we both love watching/cheering on high school football. We are also fans of the arts and culture. We are a middle income family and I may go to U of C for my Grad. studies, so we would have to live within a reasonable commute to U of C. Any advise is greatly appreciated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 12:25 PM

3,861 posts, read 7,416,007 times
I don't know if they're division 1, but the Elder highschool team is quite popular. It's a Catholic school located on the west side (Price Hill is the neighborood I think). I wouldn't live over there though. If you want to live near UC, try Clifton near Ludlow ave. I'm personally biased towards Pleasant Ridge. It's a good neighborhood for young people that isn't too expensive and it has a good mix of people there. If you don't mind the expense, you might want to look at Mt. Adams or Hyde Park. All of these places are within 20 min to UC.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:26 PM

4 posts, read 14,676 times
Default Cincy High School Football

The best Div.1 football in Cincinnati are Colerain, Xavier HighSchool (you can live anywhere in Cincy and send kids to Xavier, though standards are very high- testing to get in, best academic school in area....

Princeton High has good football program as does Moeller High School.Many other as well including Elder.

Try this link for idea of how powerful Colerain is..(I'm actually in lakota schools- great football.... not same caliber as Colerain though).

http://www.wearecolerain.com/

Old 03-23-2007, 11:27 AM

7 posts, read 32,464 times
OhioBuckeye has it exactly right...St. Xavier, Colerain, and Moeller are the most recent "superpower" teams, but some teams that usually aren't great were great this year...any game with two of these teams is huge. Elder has been very successful in the past but had an off year last year...I don't really know how good they'll be this year. St. X and Elder have very impressive stadiums and great atmosphere...I believe Colerain does too but I've never been there for a game...big games are usually played at the University of Cincinnati or the Bengals Stadium.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:11 PM

3 posts, read 13,616 times
go to www.yappi.com for more discusion about HS Football in the area. The Greater Catholic League (GCL) is perhaps from top to bottom the best football league in the country. Elder, Moeller, St Xavier and LaSalle all compete in that league.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:45 PM

30 posts, read 210,118 times
Default columbus high school football is better

if you want to see good high school football take the short trip to columbus, cinci used to have good programs but unfortunately they have taken a backseat to columbus and most of the programs have gone downhill, sorry, but true, the bengals are good but have mostly thugs and the bearcats are pretty much a 2nd rate team trying but should be a div 2 team, go buckeyes.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:37 PM

9 posts, read 33,085 times
first off, i have no clue what proud buckeye is thinking. cinti high school football is way better than columbus or anyother area of ohio for that matter. the GCL south is the best athletic conference. this includes Moeller (eastside), elder (westside), LaSalle (northwest), and St. Xavier. St.X has students from all over the city and parts of IN, and norther KY. Colerain is the best non GCL football school. if you want the ultimate high school football experience, go to a game at Elder High School. Elder is one of the biggest alumni schools in the country and their home field, "The Pit" was rated by USA Today as one of the top ten places in America to view a high school football game.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:54 AM

88 posts, read 221,063 times
robrobinson1

re: proud buckeye...I agree. I have lived in Cinti and Cols.

anyone that ends a sentence with go buckeyes only sees scarlett and grey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or