U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 01:35 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,485,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn View Post
Yeah, unfortunately nostalgia doesn't always factor into the bottom line. We have seen the same thing here in Charlotte. Our team, the Checkers once played in an old rundown arena - it was perfect for minor league hockey. Then when the new arena was built, they moved it downtown. Yeah, attendance is up, I think we finished first or second in figures last year, but for me (a big minor league sports fan) the atmosphere was destroyed. There's just something about watching a player making 20k a year playing in a $300 million dollar arena....blahhhh.

Anyways, you are 100% correct - it is great entertainment value for the money. People should be packing out the place on a nightly basis, at least on weekend. If people would just go, they would probably love it.
I love old arena, ballparks, etc so i know exactly what you are talking about. Places like that will never be packed, but for people like you and I that just adds to the greatness of it, you arent packed in.

G Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 01:36 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,485,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbigelow View Post
Does Xavier hockey no longer call the Gardens home? They did when I was in Cincinnati a few years ago...
You know, i dont know about that. BBall team has moved for a while. College hockey may still be there.

G Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or