U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 01:15 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,847,726 times

Advertisements

UC's DAAP program is one of the best in the nation too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 AM

4 posts, read 6,017 times
You know what I find depressing--that a 20 year old person is so uninspired. Technology has dulled the adventurousness of young people. Put away those distractions and allow your imagination to transport you to wherever you want to be. Look at those wires and telephone poles and imagine something no one else has imagined. Maybe a diffent angle of the camera when shooting the picture would help. Always look at the now and imagine what if.....

Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 PM

75 posts, read 148,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Mueller View Post
You know what I find depressing--that a 20 year old person is so uninspired. Technology has dulled the adventurousness of young people. Put away those distractions and allow your imagination to transport you to wherever you want to be. Look at those wires and telephone poles and imagine something no one else has imagined. Maybe a diffent angle of the camera when shooting the picture would help. Always look at the now and imagine what if.....

Amen! As a 22 year old, it is beyond me that some of my peers are incapable of attempting to produce anything artistic or creative. Must we always be hooked into technology for us to be entertained? I certainly hope not.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:52 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,440,335 times
Her photos wern't all that bad. She has a flickr page and I was frankly surprised that a person with such a mind numbed attitude and childish take on life could produce some decent photos.See for yourself:

Flickr: Jodi M.'s Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jodimolinari - broken link)

Old 01-21-2011, 01:10 PM

10 posts, read 20,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSMom2009 View Post
I have been here 3 years. The chili is a joke. The only friends my family has made is with others transplants. The public transportation is a awful. The taxes are high. If your not a Christian and a Republican, it's hard to fit in. I have 2 years left before I can transfer. Can't wait.
Wow sorry you have found such a dislike for Cincy. I , myslef have been here almost a year and LOVE IT. Have found mosy people to be very kind and frindley. But I belive living anywhere is what you make it to be. If your not looking to find things to do well then you can't really see all this city has to offer famlies and singles. There is something for everyone , at least I've found that to be in my case. I myself do not get out much being disabled but the places I have gone I truley enjoyed myself. This city is filled with such history. Whoa what is wrong with the Chili.....Price Hill Chili is awesome...great food and nice little family resturant and did I forget to mention their prices omg....can't go to McD's for less. Taxes...hmmm yes higher then where I came from in FL which we did not pay a state tax there but to me other things that the city has makes up for it. Heck no one likes to pay taxes but it is what it is. Hope you find what your looking for but if you don't go in postive not sure you will find happiness anywhere.
PS PROUD to be a Cincy girl NOW

Old 04-09-2011, 10:56 PM

50 posts, read 137,115 times
Hello Everyone

I am about to leave Ohau Hawaii been here over a year............Now have to figure out do I want to come back to West Chester Ohio area, or Savannah GA, to retire??? I am loving the thought of going to Savannah, but feeling guilty about not going to Cincinnati where my family is.......... Whatever shall I do?

Old 04-09-2011, 11:14 PM

4,114 posts, read 8,910,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbennie View Post
Hello Everyone

I am about to leave Ohau Hawaii been here over a year............Now have to figure out do I want to come back to West Chester Ohio area, or Savannah GA, to retire??? I am loving the thought of going to Savannah, but feeling guilty about not going to Cincinnati where my family is.......... Whatever shall I do?
If family is the utmost consideration, Cincinnati.

If acceptance of transplants (which you would essentially be because you've moved away from Cincinnati) is a major consideration, Savannah will probably trump Cincinnati. People are just more, at least surface, more approachable and warm down south.

Speaking as a Cincinnati area transplant, I can tell you that this area isn't transplant-friendly. Between the two cities, I'd pick Savannah immediately. If I were from here and/or had a significant number of family members here, then logically I'd pick Cincinnati.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:03 AM

35 posts, read 84,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Most of the bash Cincinnati threads go by without my sticking my $02 in. But every now and then I think it is a good idea to add some reality to this discussion. Cincinnati has some really good low cost neighborhoods. You don't live in one? Too bad, I do and I'm just fine with it. Cincinnati has some great activities for singles. You weren't invited? Too bad. Get to know people and support the institutions that sponsor these activities and you can go to them. Don't like the Bengals? I don't either. But, I could go to a professional football game here if I wanted to and root for the Steelers. Only 32 cities have an nfl team. Did you say you like concerts? Riverbend is as nice a place to listen to the Cincinnati Pops or get wasted and go to the Aerosmith concert next weekend. Oh, you need a big concert every weekend. OK, move to LA. That will improve your lifestyle if you make about $500,000 per year, which is the entry level for good living in LA, Ny, Boston and Phily. Miami? Has anyone ever seen the Miami Art Museum? I have. Its pure crap. Nothing in the entire museum worth paying security guards to protect. Restaurants? Not only do we have great restaurants, they are democratic. Meaning, if you are a peon which most of us are, you can still have dinner at the best restaurant in town. Try that in LA. Sorry, Mr. Peon, we seem to have lost your reservation.

I think things are just fine here. But, then, I've sort have got things arranged the way I like them.
Wilson - awesome! Can't give you a rep point but great, great reply!

Old 04-10-2011, 12:17 AM

35 posts, read 84,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authenticity View Post
N
Cincinnati will NEVER become a major city again until diversity begins to take hold (both racial AND cultural). Just take a look at all the economically strongest cities in this country and you will find diversity abound. If the locals DO NOT want that, well...that's your right as an american citizen. Just remember there are both benefits and consequences to that choice. Can Cincinnati deal with the economic CONSEQUENCES of that choice in the long run?
What cities are you referring to here? Sounds, like your touting yourself as being a great American etc, with a huge chip on your shoulder and playing a victim. I've been called allot of bad names in my times, but never generalized a whole area, RACE and community.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:45 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,656,995 times
Easy choice ... come to Cincinnati
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati