U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:09 AM

2,204 posts, read 5,846,421 times

Advertisements

cincylifer,

There was an article in the Enquirer posted not too long ago (I'm sure you can find it through their archives) on the rise of the minority population in Cincinnati ... why do you think this is?

I'd also like to point out that the nation's 3rd largest city (Chicago) also happens to be one of the most segregated cities in the U.S. .... because of this, I think that this is an U.S. issue, not a Cincinnati one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 11:56 AM

50 posts, read 137,075 times
Cincy-Rise I Loved this post.........I am a Cincinnati " NATIVE" I left Cincinnati in 1982 for the Army and to go to college in Tacoma Washington (FT Lewis)......back then I just wanted out. I refused to be a young African American female with no way out of my environment stuck in Cincinnati with babies and welfare at that time period that was who my friends where but not me so I RAN !!! I lived all over the USA and abroad and have loved each place some better than other but I truly believe you make the best of your life or change it!!! I have live in places A LOT WORST THE CINCINNATI!! drugs ,crimes, child abuse, gangs you name it I have seen it. My life is great and I would not change my past for anything because living in Cincinnati made me a stronger person and molded me into the person I am today................A BLESSED AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMAN WHO HAS CHOICES IN LIFE and my next choice is to move back home to Cincinnati to be closer to my parents as they get older

Old 06-21-2009, 05:25 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,846,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbennie View Post
Cincy-Rise I Loved this post.........I am a Cincinnati " NATIVE" I left Cincinnati in 1982 for the Army and to go to college in Tacoma Washington (FT Lewis)......back then I just wanted out. I refused to be a young African American female with no way out of my environment stuck in Cincinnati with babies and welfare at that time period that was who my friends where but not me so I RAN !!! I lived all over the USA and abroad and have loved each place some better than other but I truly believe you make the best of your life or change it!!! I have live in places A LOT WORST THE CINCINNATI!! drugs ,crimes, child abuse, gangs you name it I have seen it. My life is great and I would not change my past for anything because living in Cincinnati made me a stronger person and molded me into the person I am today................A BLESSED AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMAN WHO HAS CHOICES IN LIFE and my next choice is to move back home to Cincinnati to be closer to my parents as they get older

Mbennie,

That's one hell of a post! Thanks for sharing what's on your mind. You should come to my hood ... where blacks/whites/asians/hispanics/gays/straights all share the same mindset and enjoy our life here in the 5-1-3.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:25 PM

4,114 posts, read 8,907,149 times
Cincinnatians can be provincial, yes, but our neighbors to the southwest in Louisville are far more provincial. Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky is friendlier, in my opinion, than down in Kentucky where I'm from, in my opinion.

And, at least Cincinnati has an extensive public library system, very efficient freeway system, some of America's best public high schools, wonderful universities, urban hilltop parks, and wonderful chili! Hmmmmm...can Louisville and Lexington really compare?

Old 07-29-2009, 06:30 PM

50 posts, read 137,075 times
Hi

Thanks for showing the love! Right back at you I am traveling with job right now and also planning my last audit to Hawaii. I plan to stay a while and visit my Son then come back to Cincinnati .........Think I stay here for the winter have to ease into a "REAL OHIO WINTER"

Old 07-29-2009, 08:08 PM

2,786 posts, read 5,505,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbennie View Post
Hi

Thanks for showing the love! Right back at you I am traveling with job right now and also planning my last audit to Hawaii. I plan to stay a while and visit my Son then come back to Cincinnati .........Think I stay here for the winter have to ease into a "REAL OHIO WINTER"

Well whenever you get here, WELCOME BACK TO O-HI-O!!!

Cincinnati has made some huge changes in just the last year. So much development its crazy.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:50 PM

13 posts, read 25,785 times
I've been here all of my life 22 yrs. I'm 23. Lived 1 yr in Alabama.

Cincinnati is boring. The clubs are blah. There are some fun things to do but not much. Not a lot of cultural diversity.
the city's misplaced priorities. I mean really? Streetcars? A new jail? Come on u guys. I kno u can find somethin better to do with my tax dollars.
Our city prosecuter, Joe Deters.
And the whole vibe of Cincinnati is like 1800's oppressive type.... My brothers went off to college. One in Dayton and one in Texas. And they both hate the feel of Cincinnati when they come back. They say its so boring and just not a happy place to be (for lack of better words). I've grown quite tired of this place too. And hope to pack my children up and run like mad as soon as I possibly can.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:53 PM

Don't get me wrong. There are things that I like (not love) about Cincinnati. And hey these are my stomping grounds. But I really don't like it here.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:04 PM

But as far as affordable. Cincinnati is. I'd rather start with n8othin here and work my way up than in other places. Which is the honest truth.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 AM

74 posts, read 248,035 times
It can be dull here sometimes,but with a few good friends, who really needs constant stimulation in the form of shows, theater, and clubs. This is not L.A. New York or Chicago. However I'll bet you anything people here are far nicer and more neighborly. Sure the suburbs suck, sure the people can be difficult, but hey at least you can laugh about it. You can hate it and complain all you want and you will make it awful. But if you make friends and make your own fun (wow what a novel idea) this city has lots to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati