U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-22-2009, 06:07 PM
 
2,204 posts, read 5,844,339 times
Reputation: 383

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson View Post
Yeah I was going to say the same exact thing that you posted, Any criticism of Cincinnati has been met with "well you live in the wrong area"...Believe me, I didnt stay in Blue Ash the whole time I was in Cincinnati we went all over throughout different areas of Cincinnati and it was all the same (as far as people go).
Wow ...

To me, just saying that you chose Blue Ash says more about yourself than you realize to someone that knows the area pretty well. Face it ...

Quote:

I can understand if you have lived in Cincinnati most of your life why you wouldnt see things the way a "newbie" does.
Again, I and thousands of others haven't "lived in Cincinnati most of our life."

Quote:
But where there is smoke there is usually fire. People dont just single out Cincinnati for no reason about the way they treat out of towners. And Cincinnati is very conservative, just because Obama did win Hamilton county (which Im sure has something to do with the african american community voting in record numbers), doesnt mean that all of a sudden people werent conservative anymore.
Boom! Got you again! Bro, consider fact-checking before you post

Hamilton county is a little over 23% black.

Quote:


Since moving to our new state out in the west coast we have made more friends in the past month than we did in a whole year plus in Cincinnati.
Again, this says more about you than the city.

Quote:
It sucks because we wanted to make friends so badly
... and our out-of-town friends (plus us) made friends so easily because???

Quote:
Like I said I made 1 friend in Cincinnati and even he said that he has seen how people from Cincinnati treat out of towners and he has lived in Cincinnati his whole life.
Lame ... your friend sounds like the life of the party.

Quote:

But to anyone who loves Cincinnati I AM NOT trying to attack you, I understand that Cincy has treated you great and you have no reason not to love it, But for my wife and I, it was the complete opposite.
No one is accusing you of attacking any of us .... it's just that our experiences are the complete opposite from yours, but we are also outgoing folks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2009, 08:06 PM
 
15 posts, read 35,768 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Wow ...

To me, just saying that you chose Blue Ash says more about yourself than you realize to someone that knows the area pretty well. Face it ...



Again, I and thousands of others haven't "lived in Cincinnati most of our life."



Boom! Got you again! Bro, consider fact-checking before you post

Hamilton county is a little over 23% black.



Again, this says more about you than the city.



... and our out-of-town friends (plus us) made friends so easily because???



Lame ... your friend sounds like the life of the party.



No one is accusing you of attacking any of us .... it's just that our experiences are the complete opposite from yours, but we are also outgoing folks.

I didnt have a choice with "blue ash"...I had to live there per my company, so thats great that you judge my personality based on an area where I lived. (Your fingernails must be bleeding after digging that hard)

You just seem determined to prove to yourself and me that it couldnt possible be the city of Cincinnati, but that it was me. Maybe I just became an jerk when I moved to Cincinnati and noone wanted to act like a human being towards me, and once I moved I once again wasnt a jerk.

And everyone I met in Cincinnati was pretty damn conservative...Just because Obama won doesnt mean that all of a sudden people lost what they call their "values".


And Ive never personally met Mr.Cincinnati...ive just met the people of Cincinnati and 99% of them were extremely rude, and had no personalities.

But again, I thank god that I am done with Cincinnati, to everyone who loves Cincinnati...thats great Im glad that everyone has a place that they love to live in. Thats something I think we can all agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Dayton, OH
1,225 posts, read 3,878,500 times
Reputation: 525
Since moving to our new state out in the west coast we have made more friends in the past month than we did in a whole year plus in Cincinnati.

Again, this says more about you than the city.

What it says is that Californians are more outgoing and freindlier than Midwesterners. This is true as I've experienced this myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 08:55 PM
 
2,204 posts, read 5,844,339 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferyT View Post
Since moving to our new state out in the west coast we have made more friends in the past month than we did in a whole year plus in Cincinnati.

Again, this says more about you than the city.

What it says is that Californians are more outgoing and freindlier than Midwesterners. This is true as I've experienced this myself.
That's what I was thinking too! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 09:08 PM
 
2,204 posts, read 5,844,339 times
Reputation: 383
Ahhh so the truth comes out, RandyWatson! We're seeing the hard-fought bitter man that was there the whole time.

Typically, a political party represents specific groups and interest. Personally, the two blend and/or are blending. Your political debating is nothing short of humorous though!

Let's break down your argument:
- First Cincinnati is Republican
- Ok, so the county is Republican
- Ok, so it is Democratic, but that's because blacks turned out in droves.
- Fine, fine ... so the county is majority white, that doesn't mean they're culturally liberal.

.... Rewind a second .... If I'm not mistaken you were tying political leanings with cultural practices??? ... Gotcha. Why don't you just take a minute and come back after you've thought this one through.

Ohhhh ... so you're saying that you didn't want to live in Blue Ash, but it wasn't your choice? I'm going to put two and two together here:

A) You weren't here very long at all
B) You probably didn't want to live in Blue Ash for the very reason me and 95% of late 20's to early 30 year-olds don't?

Am I right? RandyWilson, I think the longer we discuss this - the clearer things become! I like this, I almost feel like a Blue Ash Shrink for YP's. I feel for ya!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 09:21 PM
 
15 posts, read 35,768 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Ahhh so the truth comes out, RandyWatson! We're seeing the hard-fought bitter man that was there the whole time.

Typically, a political party represents specific groups and interest. Personally, the two blend and/or are blending. Your political debating is nothing short of humorous though!

Let's break down your argument:
- First Cincinnati is Republican
- Ok, so the county is Republican
- Ok, so it is Democratic, but that's because blacks turned out in droves.
- Fine, fine ... so the county is majority white, that doesn't mean they're culturally liberal.

.... Rewind a second .... If I'm not mistaken you were tying political leanings with cultural practices??? ... Gotcha. Why don't you just take a minute and come back after you've thought this one through.

Ohhhh ... so you're saying that you didn't want to live in Blue Ash, but it wasn't your choice? I'm going to put two and two together here:

A) You weren't here very long at all
B) You probably didn't want to live in Blue Ash for the very reason me and 95% of late 20's to early 30 year-olds don't?

Am I right? RandyWilson, I think the longer we discuss this - the clearer things become! I like this, I almost feel like a Blue Ash Shrink for YP's. I feel for ya!

You are the most hard headed person ive ever talked to in my life. I didnt know ANYTHING about Cincinnati before I moved there. I knew they had a baseball and football team..thats it.

My company relocated me to Cincinnati and said "here is your place in blue ash"...I had Six days to get there. I didnt have time to check city-data to see if I would like blue ash or not, even if I did I wouldnt of said "well thanks for the place,but I dont wanna live in blue ash.


So if you wanna try to pick at certain things I say and then put them in your own words thats fine. Its nationally known that Cincinnati is an conservative thinking city.

But its fine..you seem to have a head thick as a rock and you are a bit delusional also.

Also if you think you know so much about me you would see my name is RandyWatson and not RandyWilson.

It does seem that you only read and interpret things the way you want to.

Again I will state this again (just for you ignore, i know..but what the heck,right?)

Cincinnati SUCKED for my wife and I, But I do understand that ALOT of people do love Cincinnati which is great for them.

But I will not have someone try to manipulate me into thinking that it was my fault that people were rude towards myself and my wife. Its not magic buddy, people dont just decide one day to be jerks then decide to be nice.

But to each his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 10:13 PM
 
2,204 posts, read 5,844,339 times
Reputation: 383
Actually, I would recommend CD as the last place to receive advice for relocation.

Quote:
Cincinnati SUCKED for my wife and I, But I do understand that ALOT of people do love Cincinnati which is great for them.
You didn't even live in Cincinnati! lol

Btw, no one is trying to manipulate you ... no need to feel insecure and defensive, just chill and try not to read too much into letters on a computer screen man.

So, am I right? You weren't here for a long time were you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2009, 06:58 AM
 
15 posts, read 35,768 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Actually, I would recommend CD as the last place to receive advice for relocation.



You didn't even live in Cincinnati! lol

Btw, no one is trying to manipulate you ... no need to feel insecure and defensive, just chill and try not to read too much into letters on a computer screen man.

So, am I right? You weren't here for a long time were you?

Well last time I checked all of my mail was addressed to me in Cincinnati,OH. Also last I checked I did some buisness in downtown Cincinnati along with Blue Ash,Milford, Amelia..etc...

But I forgot..whenever something is great about a city people want it to be Cincinnati,OH...but whenever its bad people want to make it clear that they live in Blue Ash,Ohio or Fairfield,Ohio.

And im cool as the breeze buddy, I know if you or anyone else wants to go back and read my posts you can clearly see I am not defensive at all, now your posts on the other hand, Started out as "Well you shouldve lived here..you wouldve loved it"...Then turned into insulting my friend by saying "must of been the life of the party"...All the way to judging my personality by saying "says alot about you that you moved to blue ash"

Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.


And I was in Cincinnati for over a year.


It doesnt matter how hard you try to convince me that it was all in my head and/or it was my families fault that we hated Cincinnati, at the end of the day we know that Cincinnati didnt work for us and we are alot happier now. But it amuses me reading your responses, its like im back in Cincinnati.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2009, 09:21 AM
 
13,710 posts, read 22,832,449 times
Reputation: 18521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
Let me break down my neighbors for you--maybe you can analyze things a little better.
Directly next door-husband & wife-have lived in their home for over 30 years. Did not raise children here.
Other side of me- Young couple, one elem. age child.
next to them-husband & wife-2 college kids.
next to them-husband & wife-2 college kids.
next to them-single woman
next to them-husband & wife-3 elem. age children
next to them-older couple, no children
next to them-single mom-2 elem kids
next to them-single older man
next to them-single young man
next to him-single older gentlemen
Across the street -husband & wife-4 elem kids
next to them-single older woman
next to them-husband & wife-3 adult kids
next to them-husband & wife-2 adult kid-1 college kid
next to them-husband & wife-1 adult kid
next to them-single man
next to them-husband & wife w/newborn
next to them-single older woman
next to them-single older man
next to them-older couple
next to them-older man
next to them-older single woman
(none of the adult kids or college kids live at home)

Quite a variety wouldnt you say?
My point behind this complete break down is I know every single person on my street-from one end to the other..if you live in a neighborhood that is what you do, otherwise buy 10 acres and build yourself a house in the middle of it...with privacy fence.

We spend time with eachother because we like to, AND it's better than being a hermit. We dont care how old you are or where you live before you moved her or how many kids you have or when you went to high school or college or who you vote for....pretty much all we care about is that you have a pulse and you WANT to know your neighbors.

In MOST cities, you would be lucky to ever meet anyone in the neighborhood more than two doors away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2009, 11:51 AM
 
2,204 posts, read 5,844,339 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson View Post
Well last time I checked all of my mail was addressed to me in Cincinnati,OH. Also last I checked I did some buisness in downtown Cincinnati along with Blue Ash,Milford, Amelia..etc...

But I forgot..whenever something is great about a city people want it to be Cincinnati,OH...but whenever its bad people want to make it clear that they live in Blue Ash,Ohio or Fairfield,Ohio.

And im cool as the breeze buddy, I know if you or anyone else wants to go back and read my posts you can clearly see I am not defensive at all, now your posts on the other hand, Started out as "Well you shouldve lived here..you wouldve loved it"...Then turned into insulting my friend by saying "must of been the life of the party"...All the way to judging my personality by saying "says alot about you that you moved to blue ash"

Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.


And I was in Cincinnati for over a year.


It doesnt matter how hard you try to convince me that it was all in my head and/or it was my families fault that we hated Cincinnati, at the end of the day we know that Cincinnati didnt work for us and we are alot happier now. But it amuses me reading your responses, its like im back in Cincinnati.
No, it's not in Cincinnati. If you spent time enough to familiarize yourself with Cincinnati then you would have known this. Actually, the two are distanced enough from each other that there is no confusion. Two totally different demographics, cultural, architecture, political leanings, etc. They're just on opposite sides of the spectrum and to think that you're confusing the two to someone who isn't familiar with the area is embarrassing.

This is a map of Cincinnati:


... and the two are completely two separate municipalities. If Blue Ash gains a new business from Cincinnati - this would not be good for Cincinnati, you understand?

Blue Ash, Milford, Amelia, are you kidding me? So, you're familiar with Cincinnati because you have done business in these areas? Folks, can someone else please respond to this nonsense. I don't even know what to say anymore.

Let's look at it like this:

If I have a group of 30 individuals that move to Cincinnati from another city, could be within OH or even another state and 20 of those settle in and get plugged in with their new home and the other 10 don't.

Would you see the area as impossible to become socially plugged into because of the 10, or would you see it as the group of 10's fault because the 20 found a way to become grounded in their new home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top