Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:18 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,701,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
So Conneaut should have at least 2-5% of the crime of Cincinnati, yes? So that would be 1-2 murders per year, rather than 1-2 murders every 10-20 years.

Ashtabula should have about 8% of the crime that Cincinnati has, yet it does not...

I deal with per capita... Cincinnati is one of the most dangerous cities in the state of Ohio, along with being one of the most dangerous in the United States of America.

Mentor has about 55,000 people, in other words, about 15% the population of Cincinnati, yet we don't have 15-20 murders per year (15-20 murders would be approximately 15% the number of murders that Cincinnati has). Aside from one murder a year ago, and one about 10 years before that, we typically have 0% of the murders that Cincinnati has.

Yes, I am serious...

Do you understand what per capita crime data entails and what it means?

Ceteris paribus, a city with half the population of another city, should have half the crime...
You've ruined enough threads with your racist, inaccurate (ex: 500=some), exaggerative, trolling statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 12:24 PM

1,008 posts, read 870,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
You've ruined enough threads with your racist, inaccurate (ex: 500=some), exaggerative, trolling statements.

I don't see how it's racist to point out there are going to be serious issues of trust and community development when 500+ residents of one racial group, violently attack hundreds of residents of another racial group, solely because they are of a different group.

If you think that Cincinnati won't have long-term problems because of the 2001 riots, indeed that it isn't already experiencing these problems, then you're delusional.

Calling me a racist and a troll won't magically make everything better. Getting off your butt and doing something about the problems, working to rebuild the trust, if it's even possible (how easy do you think it is to rebuild shattered trust?) will possibly make things better, at least on some level.

If your neighbor throws a firebomb on your car, what does it take to rebuild the relationship you had with him?

If your wife cheats on you, how does that trust get rebuilt?

If your husband beats you into intensive care, how does that trust get rebuilt?

You think you can just say, "things will be fine" and when people point out that they're not going to be magically fine, calling them a racist will somehow make all the problems go away. If you want to bury your head in the sand like an ostrich, or stick your fingers in your ears and shout "things are fine" then feel free to do so, it's a free country... But, doing that won't necessarily make things fine.

Cincinnati has a LOT of problems, it's not a place I'd want to move and it's not a place I'd suggest anybody I care about even consider moving to.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:30 PM

74 posts, read 281,242 times
Quote:
I don't see how it's racist to point out there are going to be serious issues of trust and community development when 500+ residents of one racial group, violently attack hundreds of residents of another racial group, solely because they are of a different group.

If you think that Cincinnati won't have long-term problems because of the 2001 riots, indeed that it isn't already experiencing these problems, then you're delusional.

Calling me a racist and a troll won't magically make everything better. Getting off your butt and doing something about the problems, working to rebuild the trust, if it's even possible (how easy do you think it is to rebuild shattered trust?) will possibly make things better, at least on some level.

If your neighbor throws a firebomb on your car, what does it take to rebuild the relationship you had with him?

If your wife cheats on you, how does that trust get rebuilt?

If your husband beats you into intensive care, how does that trust get rebuilt?

You think you can just say, "things will be fine" and when people point out that they're not going to be magically fine, calling them a racist will somehow make all the problems go away. If you want to bury your head in the sand like an ostrich, or stick your fingers in your ears and shout "things are fine" then feel free to do so, it's a free country... But, doing that won't necessarily make things fine.

Cincinnati has a LOT of problems, it's not a place I'd want to move and it's not a place I'd suggest anybody I care about even consider moving to.

Well glad to hear it because I do not think we would want you or those you care about to move here, not with all your negativity.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humlermw View Post
Well glad to hear it because I do not think we would want you or those you care about to move here, not with all your negativity.

When the situation doesn't present anything positive, only a fool responds by being positive.

Negative situations warrant negativity.

Show me something about Cincinnati that is deserving of a positive response, and I'll analyze it, and contingent upon my agreeing, I'll respond positively.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:41 PM

How about the fact that I see whites and blacks everyday throughout this city chatting and being cordial to one another. Although you constantly seem to suggest we despise each other. There is usually more positive than negative and it's the fool who refuses to accept what is before him.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:36 PM

15 posts, read 43,743 times
Wow. Things sure got ugly while I was away.

OhioUberAlles, I'm so glad you don't live in Cincinnati. Take that any negative way you want because you seem to do that so easily.

Thanks to the rest of you. I'm sure our move will be fine.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut's mom View Post
Wow. Things sure got ugly while I was away.

OhioUberAlles, I'm so glad you don't live in Cincinnati. Take that any negative way you want because you seem to do that so easily.

Thanks to the rest of you. I'm sure our move will be fine.

That makes two of us. I have no desire to live in that city.

It takes a certain kind of person to want to live in a city and be dependent entirely upon the local government, distant farmers, big box stores, urban government services, etc, just to get your daily food.

I prefer to be left alone to my own devices, to be free to read scripture, go shooting, hunting, kick back and do what I want, on my time, in my way, without having to worry about what the guy living two feet away things about it, or what the local ordinances drawn up by elitists say about it. This is why I plan to move to a very rural area of Ohio as soon as my financial situation permits.

I've found most city dwellers wouldn't last three days if they didn't have the technology, conveniences, and services offered by a city. Let me put on decent clothing, a hat, gloves, give me some matches, a lighter, or a magnesium striker, along with a canteen, a steel cup, and a hunting knife (or combat knife), possibly a pocket multi-tool utility knife, and I'll go into the woods/swamp/etc, for a week, come out on the other side, and tell you all about it (of course I will probably also complain that I need a shower).

I want room to spread out, if I decide to practice rifle shooting at 400 yard distances I want to be able to do that, on my own land, without having to worry about A- local ordinances B- annoying neighbors or C- the simple fact I don't have the land because there is another house six feet away. If I decide I want to have chickens or cattle on my land, I don't want to have to worry about anybody raising heck over the fact I have cows on my property.

You asked about Cincinnati, I told you about Cincinnati, so I'll simply say, have fun in Cincinnati. I wouldn't live there, I avoid going there unless a trip mandates I pass through the place. Then again I cannot think of a single city (major or otherwise) where I'd actually want to live.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
That makes two of us. I have no desire to live in that city.

It takes a certain kind of person to want to live in a city and be dependent entirely upon the local government, distant farmers, big box stores, urban government services, etc, just to get your daily food.

I prefer to be left alone to my own devices, to be free to read scripture, go shooting, hunting, kick back and do what I want, on my time, in my way, without having to worry about what the guy living two feet away things about it, or what the local ordinances drawn up by elitists say about it. This is why I plan to move to a very rural area of Ohio as soon as my financial situation permits.

I've found most city dwellers wouldn't last three days if they didn't have the technology, conveniences, and services offered by a city. Let me put on decent clothing, a hat, gloves, give me some matches, a lighter, or a magnesium striker, along with a canteen, a steel cup, and a hunting knife (or combat knife), possibly a pocket multi-tool utility knife, and I'll go into the woods/swamp/etc, for a week, come out on the other side, and tell you all about it (of course I will probably also complain that I need a shower).

I want room to spread out, if I decide to practice rifle shooting at 400 yard distances I want to be able to do that, on my own land, without having to worry about A- local ordinances B- annoying neighbors or C- the simple fact I don't have the land because there is another house six feet away. If I decide I want to have chickens or cattle on my land, I don't want to have to worry about anybody raising heck over the fact I have cows on my property.

You asked about Cincinnati, I told you about Cincinnati, so I'll simply say, have fun in Cincinnati. I wouldn't live there, I avoid going there unless a trip mandates I pass through the place. Then again I cannot think of a single city (major or otherwise) where I'd actually want to live.

You seem incredibly self-obsorbed. An almost narcissitic need to talk about yourself. Why would you post comments to a person asking what a city is like if you never even come here.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:42 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,124,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humlermw View Post
You seem incredibly self-obsorbed. An almost narcissitic need to talk about yourself. Why would you post comments to a person asking what a city is like if you never even come here.
Because he is an rude man....and he left the Cincy thread for awhile and now he is back. If everyone ignores him....maybe he will go away again.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:31 AM

4 posts, read 7,395 times
Default West Chester is the most diverse neighborhood I have seen in Cincinnati. However, your husband would have a long way to

drive. I would suggest Kentucky because the traffic horrendous in Cincinnati. Kentucky is not as diverse, however. Western Hills may be your first choice, as it is much closer and diverse, also. You may want to check both in relation to the airport and the traffic along with the diversity. I hope this will give you a start. Good Luck. Skiparoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut's mom View Post
My family and I will be moving to Cincinnati in 3 months. I've read a few of the threads and I'm still not sure in what neighborhoods to consider looking for a rental. My husband will be working at the airport so we need to live no more than 30 minutes to/from there. We have a toddler and would prefer a family-oriented area (parks, schools). We don't need a luxury home in a high-end neighborhood. Just would like something middle class, safe, and clean. I think my biggest concern is finding a neighborhood with a bit of diversity. What should we expect in regards to ethnic and cultural diversity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati