U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:22 AM

2,204 posts, read 5,846,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCP View Post
Because that's what he (Cincy-Rise) does. Don't worry, you weren't singled out. Anyone that has even the slightest hint of a negative view about Cincinnati get's treated the same way. He thinks he is taking a stand for the city, but in reality his arrogant, sarcastic and often rude tone on this board is a major turn-off when it comes to actually looking at the city from a non-biased point of view. If you go back and read some of his other posts, you'll find that he is the one and only person that contributes to the Cincy forum that is completely incapable of having a meaningful discussion. He thinks he knows all, but in reality all he can contribute is some googles stats, directions to the nearest watering hole and a biased, arrogant opinion as if it were fact.

My guess...a young, little twerp trying too hard to over-compensate for something. Anyways, I'm sure this post will get this fearless cyber-bully's sweater vest all ruffled and his French Vanilla Latte boiling. I sure hope he doesn't come after me...

And by the way, your post that was lost in all of this, is pretty much how many of us that have moved away feel.

Your 3rd person narrative is quite humorous.

I would apologize, but I don't feel the need to if your feelings were hurt in the crossfire somewhere. Buck-up, this is the internet, no need to hold on to negative feelings caused by folks sitting behind usernames.

I also find it non-surprising that the negative comments come from folks that no longer live here. The population of Cincy has just now started to grow; this isnít something thatís been happening for a while. All the development happening all around the city isnít something thatís been going on for years. The consistent drop in part 1 crime has been continuously dropping Ö this is also something new to the city. So, if youíre hung up on old information Ėprepare yourself for Cincy-Risesí love.

So, if youíve moved away, you may not be smart enough to do your own research on your own. If you come on here posting this old news non-sense without the stats to back it up, donít be surprised if someone is quick to reply with a quick *****-slap.

For ****s and giggles, Iím almost 30 years old and married with a kid on the way.

Lessons to learn from this:

Research on your own before spewing uneducated non-sense on a PUBLIC forum.
Donít get your feelings hurt on a website.
Donít assume no one will put you in check if your ďopinionsĒ are wrong.
Donít talk about what you know nothing about, people like me live here Ėin the city. Still.

Next!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 10:02 AM

1,055 posts, read 3,563,248 times
Dedelynn...I live in the 45216 zip code which includes a large area in the Valley but Hartwell and Carthage are the only ones which are in the City of CIncinnati limits.
OCP-I as well defend the City's positive changes and PREFER to focus on those instead of the negative perceptions that most people chose to cling to. I love living in Hartwell. I enjoy seeing good families move here and change homes that were used for over 20+ years as multi families being converted back into single family homes. I enjoy seeing the equity in our home growing each year that we live here when we hear on the tv that home values continue to drop all over the place. I like knowing the crime stats continue to drop in my community and in others as well. Those are not googled stats--they are facts.
HOWEVER, I do not like when people who no longer live here or visit their old neighborhoods a couple times a year think they know more than those who live in these neighborhoods day in and day out and who have taken a stand against those who try to bring our neighborhoods down.
Call me whatever you want QCP, but one think I am not is a frightened person who will be bullied out of my neighborhood by anyone (in person or on a forum). I work my butt off to try to make the neighborhood I call home a safe and good place to live for myself and others while those who choose to leave still try to bring my City down ignoring the efforts of those who chose to live here.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
Dedelynn...I live in the 45216 zip code which includes a large area in the Valley but Hartwell and Carthage are the only ones which are in the City of CIncinnati limits.
OCP-I as well defend the City's positive changes and PREFER to focus on those instead of the negative perceptions that most people chose to cling to. I love living in Hartwell. I enjoy seeing good families move here and change homes that were used for over 20+ years as multi families being converted back into single family homes. I enjoy seeing the equity in our home growing each year that we live here when we hear on the tv that home values continue to drop all over the place. I like knowing the crime stats continue to drop in my community and in others as well. Those are not googled stats--they are facts.
HOWEVER, I do not like when people who no longer live here or visit their old neighborhoods a couple times a year think they know more than those who live in these neighborhoods day in and day out and who have taken a stand against those who try to bring our neighborhoods down.
Call me whatever you want QCP, but one think I am not is a frightened person who will be bullied out of my neighborhood by anyone (in person or on a forum). I work my butt off to try to make the neighborhood I call home a safe and good place to live for myself and others while those who choose to leave still try to bring my City down ignoring the efforts of those who chose to live here.
Amen, sister.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:38 AM
QCP

185 posts, read 455,194 times
^^ Hartwell girl, good for you. I'm glad to hear you're passionate and prideful for your city. But, you over analyzed my point. I was not knocking anyone for sticking up for Cincinnati. It's your right, and I am very glad that there are people like you that do it. Honestly, I love Cincinnati and like many that have moved away, I'd move back...if I could. But sometimes life leads us in different directions, choice or no choice. Even those of us on this forum that have moved away and will say it has changed, possibly even for the worse, still have passion and love for the Queen City. It's still home to us.

Anyways, my point was not that Cincy doesn't deserve to be defended on this forum, but it is unnecessary to do it in such an obnoxious, arrogant and completely biased manner, such as Cincy-Rise does. While I can understand his passion and love for this great city, and I actually appreciate that aspect of him, I don't understand his delivery.

And no Cincy-Rise, my feelings have not been hurt, I could really care less, I just don't get it. To me it just seems like everytime you post, you detract from your own point by being a prick. How is that serving Cincinnati in a positive way? All that does is make your counterpart act in an even more aggressive mode towards the negative aspects of Cincinnati. I would think that your goal would be to get the other person to take a closer look and think reflectively about a situation. Cincy-Rise, take some time and look at some other regular posters on here: jroslen, hillside, g-man, goyguy, HuskerDu, Hartwell Girl, jlawrence, OhioGirl, are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head - they can all manage to support the QC in a mature and sensible manner.

Bottom line, I think people come on this board to discuss, debate and educate or be educated....not squabble like a couple of middle schools girls.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:02 PM

5 posts, read 8,863 times
Default Don't worry, you weren't singled out.

QCP,
Very well explained and greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time and for being you.

*Peace*

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCP View Post
Because that's what he (Cincy-Rise) does. Don't worry, you weren't singled out. Anyone that has even the slightest hint of a negative view about Cincinnati get's treated the same way. He thinks he is taking a stand for the city, but in reality his arrogant, sarcastic and often rude tone on this board is a major turn-off when it comes to actually looking at the city from a non-biased point of view. If you go back and read some of his other posts, you'll find that he is the one and only person that contributes to the Cincy forum that is completely incapable of having a meaningful discussion. He thinks he knows all, but in reality all he can contribute is some googles stats, directions to the nearest watering hole and a biased, arrogant opinion as if it were fact.

My guess...a young, little twerp trying too hard to over-compensate for something. Anyways, I'm sure this post will get this fearless cyber-bully's sweater vest all ruffled and his French Vanilla Latte boiling. I sure hope he doesn't come after me...

And by the way, your post that was lost in all of this, is pretty much how many of us that have moved away feel.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:05 PM

1,055 posts, read 3,563,248 times

Old 03-04-2009, 03:05 PM

5 posts, read 8,863 times
Default I would apologize, but I don't feel the need to if your feelings were hurt

You did apologize. Thank you.
As insincere as it was.

Let's see if you can comprehend this time around. Ready?
1. Open your eyes and think before you type.
2. Try not to feel that if someone isn't living in Cincinnati at this very moment that they are out to get you or put down the city you now live in.
3. Learn to except REALITY-the bad with the good. The negative and
the positive. REAL LIFE.
4. Know that simply disagreeing is what a 30 year old should at least be able to do. Not judging others opinions as "wrong".
5. Take your own advise definitely.

Look. I don't offend easily. I simply find the human mind fascinating.
I patiently try to understand why people like you feel the need to be so bitterly defensive. Now it is quite clear in your case.
Please try to remember Everyone/Everywhere is fighting some kind of battle.
There are those of us who know a whole lot more about where you are than you will ever realize.
Way more educated than you will ever know.
I truly hope that you will be able to learn more about accepting life's disappointments and manage your reactions better when you have this child. You still have a whole lot of growing up and self control to do for yourself.
I sincerely wish you and yours luck and hope you find peace within yourself and the world around you.

We all love good ole Cincinnati don't worry and lighten up.

From an original, Well educated, HARTWELL WOMAN .

Cincy-Rise: Your 3rd person narrative is quite humorous.

Brilliant actually!

Thank you. Bye bye now!

Cincy-Rise: I would apologize, but I don't feel the need to if your feelings were hurt in the crossfire somewhere. Buck-up, this is the internet, no need to hold on to negative feelings caused by folks sitting behind usernames.[/font]

I also find it non-surprising that the negative comments come from folks that no longer live here. The population of Cincy has just now started to grow; this isn’t something that’s been happening for a while. All the development happening all around the city isn’t something that’s been going on for years. The consistent drop in part 1 crime has been continuously dropping … this is also something new to the city. So, if you’re hung up on old information –prepare yourself for Cincy-Rises’ love.

So, if you’ve moved away, you may not be smart enough to do your own research on your own. If you come on here posting this old news non-sense without the stats to back it up, don’t be surprised if someone is quick to reply with a quick *****-slap.

For ****s and giggles, I’m almost 30 years old and married with a kid on the way.

Research on your own before spewing uneducated non-sense on a PUBLIC forum.
Don’t get your feelings hurt on a website.
Don’t assume no one will put you in check if your “opinions” are wrong.
Don’t talk about what you know nothing about, people like me live here –in the city. Still.

Next! [/quote]

Last edited by DedeLynn; 03-04-2009 at 03:20 PM..

Old 03-04-2009, 03:25 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,428,295 times
WTF?
Geez, all of you people are a bunch of thin skinned ninnies. Do I understand that someone who shows her location as "Planet Earth" is offended by someone who blows her off because of it? And someone else takes it upon himself to psychoanalyze someone who didn't say anything to him in the first place? Maybe I'm just not a good reader, but if there is more to this mini-flame thread than that, please explain it. Look, if someone thinks the stuff here rises to the level of justifying comment, you must not venture very far out into the Internet. Let's move on.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:37 PM

You guys are a trip.

I'm like the opposite of Bill Cunningham in my opinion. I lay something out there and you guys just go at it like a piece of raw steak dangling above a bunch of hungry wolves. Do you feel as though your time was wasted?

Old 03-09-2009, 11:55 PM

443 posts, read 1,019,000 times
There are those who LOVE cinti and those who HATE IT.....for those who think its changing maybe it is... from what I have seen in some way it has... but really hasn't most of the world???? FYI a poll on Forbes shows that Cinti is the 3rd City that people want to leave and relocate somewhere else...Not sure why but there's really not alot of nightlife (we lost that to KY)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati