U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 04:04 PM

22 posts, read 78,138 times

Advertisements

Is anyone here a fan of Hudepohl? I know it's making somewhat of a comeback and was curious if anyone was a fan. I know Quatman Cafe features Hudy Delight on tap, but it's still something you have to look for in the stores rather than being a common sight. I'd love to see it featured at Great American Ball Park and Paul Brown Stadium someday. Hopefully it'll return to the Queen City for brewing also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 05:37 PM

229 posts, read 221,312 times
Wow Hudepohl beer. I haven't heard of that in a while. When the Reds used to be televised here in Indy way back in the 60s they used to be a sponser. Really brings back memories.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:36 PM

246 posts, read 881,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
Is anyone here a fan of Hudepohl? I know it's making somewhat of a comeback and was curious if anyone was a fan. I know Quatman Cafe features Hudy Delight on tap, but it's still something you have to look for in the stores rather than being a common sight. I'd love to see it featured at Great American Ball Park and Paul Brown Stadium someday. Hopefully it'll return to the Queen City for brewing also.
I bought some Hudy Delight at the Party Source in NKY this past summer. There was a story in the Enquirer about plans to formally relaunch Hudepohl 14K and the Burger brands late this year or early next year:

Little Kings joins Moerlein beer group | Cincinnati Enquirer | Cincinnati.Com

It'd be beyond cool if you could once again buy 14K at a Reds game.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:31 PM

1,071 posts, read 3,937,533 times
It'd be beyond cool if we could see a Reds playoff berth. That's the real reason Moerlein and Hudy need to be at Reds games. All of the losing, lol.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:39 AM

31,164 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Hey, kids! It's Happy Hudy Time!

I used to drink Hudy Gold on tap at the City View Tavern, but otherwise I'd leave the stuff alone. Bleah.

Quote:
It'd be beyond cool if we could see a Reds playoff berth.
It would, but I ain't holdin' my breath.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntnb View Post
I bought some Hudy Delight at the Party Source in NKY this past summer. There was a story in the Enquirer about plans to formally relaunch Hudepohl 14K and the Burger brands late this year or early next year:

Little Kings joins Moerlein beer group | Cincinnati Enquirer | Cincinnati.Com

It'd be beyond cool if you could once again buy 14K at a Reds game.
That's great news! I see Hudepohl making a big comeback, thanks to Mr. Hardman.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:25 PM

455 posts, read 1,668,506 times
I have a 1960 Schoenling beer sign with rotating lights on our kitchen wall that showcases the Cincinnati skylne of the time in different colors. We enjoy looking at it while drinking Bud Light *snicker*

Last edited by HuskerDu; 01-09-2009 at 09:46 PM..

Old 01-11-2009, 09:00 PM

323 posts, read 931,806 times
Hello All, I don't drink but I have 3 or 4 six packs of the beer from the superbowl. They are still full. Hudey say gonna beat those Bengals Hyden

Old 01-12-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
Hello All, I don't drink but I have 3 or 4 six packs of the beer from the superbowl. They are still full. Hudey say gonna beat those Bengals Hyden
I have the same beer from both Superbowls. I also have a full can for the 1975 World Series. I have an empty of the '76 series. Hudy is a rich part of the history of Cincinnati. I welcome it back with open arms.

I sent an email to Greg Hardman, congratulating him on his purchase of Little Kings Cream Ale. He replied to me and said he plans on making Hudepohl bigger that it ever was. Best of luck to him!

Old 01-12-2009, 09:46 AM

Here's a little something for those who enjoy Cincinnati history and/or Hudepohl beer:

YouTube - Hudepohl Beer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati