U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 06:10 PM

1,791 posts, read 2,296,338 times

Advertisements

Gaslight Clifton is all that others have said but do take a look at Wyoming. Beautiful, beautiful, safe small town with a highly educated population, excellent schools, wonderful housing stock. Many residents are transplants who have lived overseas through their employment with P&G or in the medical field. Loved my years there. Very quick drive down the Winton Road hill into Clifton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 10:22 AM

1,791 posts, read 2,296,338 times
Default Property Tax Info Readily Available

Hamilton County Auditor Dusty Rhodes

Plug in an address in the Property Search section of most any County Auditor's site and you'll have the current tax bill.

Note that in Hamilton County (Cincinnati) the tax is stated as "SA" for semi-annual or half year. Also note that what the homeowner pays has many credits automatically attached.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:19 PM

9 posts, read 25,607 times
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I hate the Midwest. The torture I have had to endure. The lack of culture, closed minded people, rednecks, white trash, conservative, uneducated, brain drained toothless hillbillies, where everyone knows everyone and has no life. Prejudices, discrimination, crazy delusional people who think there is 1 supreme race are you serious? The hay, farms, gray skies, rainy days almost every day, flat lands, miles of corn fields, pickup trucks, Wal-Martís, Krogerís. Nothing to do any day of the week. Nowhere to go on weekends everything is a disappointment. I am so sick and tired of being sick in this place that I do not belong the Midwest is not for me and OH is for the plain, conservative, close minded cults.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Mason is mostly caucasion: Anderson Twp. is diverse.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:23 PM

1,055 posts, read 3,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromthemidwest View Post
[SIZE=3]I hate the Midwest. The torture I have had to endure. The lack of culture, closed minded people, rednecks, white trash, conservative, uneducated, brain drained toothless hillbillies, where everyone knows everyone and has no life. Prejudices, discrimination, crazy delusional people who think there is 1 supreme race are you serious? The hay, farms, gray skies, rainy days almost every day, flat lands, miles of corn fields, pickup trucks, Wal-Martís, Krogerís. Nothing to do any day of the week. Nowhere to go on weekends everything is a disappointment. I am so sick and tired of being sick in this place that I do not belong the Midwest is not for me and OH is for the plain, conservative, close minded cults.[/SIZE]
Mason is mostly caucasion: Anderson Twp. is diverse.
Well thanks for sharing NOT. After reading ALL your posts similiar to this on other threads, here's my advice. Move--your life is what you make of it...where you live doesnt determine if you will be happy or not, you do, and obviously you are hell bent on either being miserable or making others miserable-I personally dont have tolerance for either. So do us all a favor and troll elsewhere.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:00 PM

7,136 posts, read 10,665,956 times
You might want to take a look at Wyoming, Montgomery, Blue Ash, Madeira, and Terrace Park as well. Excellent schools, safe neighborhoods, and lovely homes.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:20 PM

7 posts, read 17,299 times
I agree with Sunnydee. I don't see any problems in any of the above listings in regards to your nationality. With two kids I would check homes in the Wyoming. The schools are rated as one of the best school districts in the nation. Not cosmopolitan but has more of a village. Mason is very nice but very suburban with excellent schools and newer housing stock. The gaslight district is close to the University of Cincinnati, P&G, the many hospitals. Clifton is in an urban area vs. the above mentioned suburban areas. I would go online and check out Cincinnati Public Schools and see if an urban school district is something you would be interested in . Many families that live in the city deal with Catholic or private schools rather than the public schools. Ohio was a school ratings system; all school districts most meet certain benchmarks. When we were looking for a new home, I used Sibcy-Cline.com to find home listings. I believe you can find the school district ratings there if not the state of Ohio has an education web site. All of Sunnydale listings school's are rated excellent.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:50 AM

2 posts, read 5,698 times
There is a growing number of Indians moving to Mason and each year there are a number of Cincinnati-wide Indian cultural events that happen in Mason High School auditorium. I remember driving by once and seeing all the beautiful saris, it must have been hundreds of Indian people. Race relations are no problem.

I am also a minority and grew up there. It is lovely, but the housing is largely new construction that is indistinctive, over priced and often it's a whole subdivision where the same three house designs appear one hundred fifty times, with different shudders and paint on them. I moved, but it was an alright place to grow up.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,064 times
Hi Londontocici

I am in the same boat as you were, I m relocating to Cinci with 3 kids so how was your experience, where did you move? and how is the school system?

I will really appreciate your answer and It will be very helpful for me,

thanks
-Mehdi

Old 03-11-2010, 11:34 AM

4 posts, read 12,346 times
By the way, according to the 2000 Census (alas, the most recent data that allows this), the Cincinnati zip codes with the highest percentage of (Asian) Indians in them are:
45219, 45220, 45236, 45240, 45241, 45242, 45243, 45246, 45249. All these were then at least 1% Asian Indian in population, as far as my data analysis shows. Not a high amount, I know! The highest percentages showed up in 45220 and 45249, which in 2000 were about 3% Indian. 45220 includes Clifton, and 45249 includes the Brecon/Highpoint and Sycamore/Sixteen Mile Stand neighborhoods. The population of those areas I just named, at least, appear to also be relatively highly educated, on average, so less likely than average to have people who would express prejudiced attitudes towards Indians.

Let us know how it all goes, Mehdi and Londontocinci. Best of luck.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:12 AM

10 posts, read 33,095 times
45220 and 45219 have high Indian population because of the University of Cincinnati. But the majority are students. You should pay attention to 45249 if you are a minority professional with high income. It has the highest foreign born residents (vs. foreign students) with higher income and higher education. It does look very midwest but the population is quite international. If you go to the school you will understand what I mean. 20% of the Asians there are Indians. I am not advocating exclusivity. But they choose that area for some good reason. Asians in this country overall tend to value education and have high saving rate and like to invest in housing with good schools.

Last edited by Cincybear; 03-12-2010 at 11:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or