U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 03:41 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,500,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby513 View Post
I'm shocked. Your thoughts/experience at Wal-Mart is pretty much the exact opposite from mine. Good point about service help, I suppose what I really mean is the checkout process. I have gone at all hours of the day, and seriously, my checkout time average is 15 minutes. And it's not even busy inside. I don't need some ******* to say "welcome to Wal-Mart", I need someone to check me out for my G damn $2 cheese I need in a pinch. I have almost entirely stopped going, even though its the closest grocery store to me. Occasionally, I slip and go back...always reminded why I should not.

Meanwhile, Kroger in HP Plaza is packed to the gills and I'm in and outta there in a flash.

Well, I admit that I tend to go early when the place is pretty empty. I'd say that I'll try the place on a Saturday afternoon, but i'd really not do it. I always shop early in teh morning to avoid the crowd. Also, when you are at Walmart REd Bank, try checking out in teh garden store. Its the cat's a**.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 06:19 AM

2,886 posts, read 3,966,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby513 View Post
I'm shocked. Your thoughts/experience at Wal-Mart is pretty much the exact opposite from mine. Good point about service help, I suppose what I really mean is the checkout process. I have gone at all hours of the day, and seriously, my checkout time average is 15 minutes. And it's not even busy inside. I don't need some ******* to say "welcome to Wal-Mart", I need someone to check me out for my G damn $2 cheese I need in a pinch. I have almost entirely stopped going, even though its the closest grocery store to me. Occasionally, I slip and go back...always reminded why I should not.

Meanwhile, Kroger in HP Plaza is packed to the gills and I'm in and outta there in a flash.
The thing that baffles me about my local Wal-Mart is that they built the store with about 25 checkout lanes and I've never seen more than 2 or 3 of them open at a time. And yes, I've seen lines of customers so long that people abandon their carts in frustration and just walk out of the store. Then Wal-Mart loses those sales AND they have to pay an employee to put the stuff in the cart back on the shelf AND throw out anything that was perishable. But mostly, wouldn't you think they'd want to use all that checkout lane space for merchandise?

Old 08-18-2011, 07:43 AM

1,880 posts, read 2,131,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
The thing that baffles me about my local Wal-Mart is that they built the store with about 25 checkout lanes and I've never seen more than 2 or 3 of them open at a time. And yes, I've seen lines of customers so long that people abandon their carts in frustration and just walk out of the store. Then Wal-Mart loses those sales AND they have to pay an employee to put the stuff in the cart back on the shelf AND throw out anything that was perishable. But mostly, wouldn't you think they'd want to use all that checkout lane space for merchandise?

The architect that designed the Wal-Mart building may not live in Cincinnati or anywhere near.

Ditto for the management that hired the architect.

And, there's always the possibility that business will boom.

As for Cincinnati Bell.... The building where I have an apartment is not wired for the local cable service that provides broadband. Nor is it going to be within my lifetime as reportedly it would cost $10,000 while the management has to save money to deal with any possible need for bed bug extermination. In short, one must use Cincinnati Bell Zoomtown or makeshift wireless or move somewhere that has the cable broadband.

When I called Cincinnati Bell to see about a connection, I got a similar run around ... only ... when I finally got someone to quote me a price -- that's all just the cost -- she said, "x" amount. Then I said, "Oh, that's all!" Then she said, "There's "x" amount of federal tax. And, I said, "Oh, then it's "y" amount. Then she said.... And, twenty minutes later we got to $100 charge for a modem if I don't call them to retrieve it before I move (or maybe take it with me), at which point I still did not have a clear idea of how much the deal would cost me.

At that point I said to myself (censored), left my main computer in storage opting to operate with makeshift wireless until I can get somewhere for other kinds of service. I have a lousy internet connection, but it's better than trying to deal with a business with staff that doesn't understand simple buy and sell.

Now, my telephone credit standing is excellent. It happens to have been with Ohio Bell, not Cincinnati Bell, and I aim to keep it that way until telephone services are obsolete.

My suggestion: whatever you do, remember your credit rating.

Last edited by CarpathianPeasant; 08-18-2011 at 07:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati