Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 12:32 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,717,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
Congrats and welcome to the neighborhood! Once the weather warms and if you like to walk or cycle, you will love the access you have to HP and Oakley (squares) as well as Rookwood.
HD, are you in Norwood now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 01:40 PM

455 posts, read 1,884,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
HD, are you in Norwood now?
Going on 7 months now. We finally left the old 4th and Plum lofts downtown in search of a house around that general area. We walked through at least 10 houses in HP/Oakley and, in most cases, there was a definite reason these houses were affordable. In many cases, the "3rd bedroom" was actually a makeshift basement room or tiny attic space.. in other instances the only bathroom was in odd locations such as off the kitchen, there was no central air or the the house was the size of an efficiency apt. This is what you get for under 200k in either neighborhood. The first place we checked in Norwood was absolutely perfect. Our buyers agent was not familiar with Norwood and kept asking if we wanted to come back another day. She was a bit nervous because it was getting dark...haha.

We like the area so far aside from a handful of trashy rentals and their occupants. I think the rookwood exchange will make the neighborhood even more desirable if they do it correctly.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:30 PM

43 posts, read 172,873 times
HU, Where in Norwood are you? Our new house is on Shanmoor Ave. We went through a similar experience...looking at houses in our price range in Hyde Park, only to find we could only afford a 2 bedroom there. The house we went with in Norwood has 4 large bedrooms, plus a bonus room... so much more for our money. I'm looking foward to see how the Rookwood Exchange will develop. I was looking to see if there were any Norwood neighborhood association groups, but I couldn't find any. Do you know of anything?

Old 01-26-2009, 02:49 PM

455 posts, read 1,884,515 times
Very close to you...I'll private message you some info.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,676 times
Looking to rent in Hydepark, do you have a place that is reasonable?

Old 05-05-2009, 08:36 AM

1,014 posts, read 3,585,845 times
Try Pleasant Ridge . It is diverse and very nice without the pretentiousness of Hyde Park.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:24 PM

221 posts, read 437,123 times
I've lived in a few neighborhoods in Cincinnati. You can find actual apartments that are larger and cheaper in Oakley or something similar, but you pay for the neighborhood. It depends what you want... Hyde Park is a fancier square with fancier stores and restaurants. And dont listen to people who claim Clifton is just as safe as Hyde Park, because it isnt.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:57 AM

279 posts, read 717,792 times
Neighborhoods are kinda like brand name clothes. Sure Hyde Park is nice, but a lot of what you are paying for is the name and status...or something like that. I pretty much agree with everything that has been said. Oakley is great, Norwood is great, and Madisonville is great...just have to look around.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:10 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,470,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otters21 View Post
Try Pleasant Ridge . It is diverse and without the charm, safe parks, shopping, and lack of crime of Hyde Park.
There, I fixed it for you.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:42 PM

221 posts, read 437,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
There, I fixed it for you.
ha... I dont know where people get the idea that compare the safety of Hyde Park to Norwood, Oakley, or Madisonville. Granted, these neighborhoods arent like OTR or anything, but I think people are maybe talking about one block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati