U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-04-2009, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,194 times
Default considering relocating to Cincinnati - help with the decision

My husband will be getting out of the military in about 6 months and will be going to college. In looking at colleges we need to pick a place where I can find a job. I will have my degree in accounting so that's what i'm looking for. Furthermore I want to make sure that it is a relatively nice place to live, low crime, good school you know that sort of thing. We used to live near cleveland but I hear that is not doing well at all.
Overall how is the economy in cincinnati? How are the schools? What are some of the good subarbs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 01:46 PM

90 posts, read 138,198 times
Cincinnati doesn't seem to be doing as bad as other areas in the country. It's hard to answer your "nice place to live and good schools" remark, b/c as with a lot of cities, there are pockets of great little neighborhoods, and then the not so great, all surrounded by really wealthy neighborhoods that have the best schools, but you'd need more than an accountant's salary to afford. What kind of neighborhood do you have in mind and what's your budget?

Old 04-06-2009, 02:48 PM

26 posts, read 38,614 times
I would recommend Blue Ash or West Chester...

Old 04-09-2009, 09:44 AM

221 posts, read 265,106 times
I'd say suburbs like Mason would be good. There are alot of businesses up there and its safe. Judging by your military background, I'm guessing you lean conservative and Warren County is a very conservative area... very low crime too. Just my 2 cents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati