U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:39 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,421,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy0725 View Post
I'm sorry I didn't see this post until now! My husband and I just signed up for memberships at LA Fitness in Oakley-- it is opening in April. Basically, they are doing the pre-sale stuff and we saw the flyers and dropped into the office the other day when we were over at the HP plaza. We got 34.99/month with unlimited classes and full access to everything. The facility is going to go in on Madison-- next to Target-- and it's something like 60,000 square feet! That was our selling point..... we hated having to wait for machines when we worked out at Urban Active. Oh, plus they don't have contracts....it's month to month!! Yayyy for that!
So that's what they are building. I was wondering what they were putting up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 02:20 PM

351 posts, read 1,686,742 times
I joined with YMCA in Blue Ash and loved it. Monthly membership fees were much more reasonable, without specified contract lengths.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:38 AM

12 posts, read 30,927 times
I go to the Urban Active in Norwood .... it's definitely "on the level" but competition is coming with the aforementioned LA Fitness opening up this spring in Oakley. Thus the low prices.

Frankly, both businesses should thrive ... Urban Active has been VERY crowded the year+ I've been there, and this should thin the traffic somewhat.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:13 AM

6 posts, read 25,462 times
Yeah, Urban Active is SO packed.... and we hated having to wait for the machines. The LA Fitness in Oakley is about twice the size of the UA over in Hyde Park. Plus, since it's not open yet, we got a pass to work out at the one over in Fairfield and we'll be able to use the one over in Crescent Springs here in a couple weeks. Check it ous, it's definitely worth a look--- the classes are AWESEOME and we really like it. Best decision I have made in awhile!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:42 PM

10 posts, read 39,110 times
So does mean that Revolution fitness is screwed? I like the independent nature of the gym and it looks real laid back in there. But their prices aren't that competitive

That's three freaking gyms within a mile or two of one another.

I currently have an Urban Active membership, but I'll go and check out LA fitness and compare the two.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:37 AM

6 posts, read 25,462 times
Let me know if you liked LA Fitness-- I'm anxious to see how many former UA workout buddies of mine end up switching over!

Old 03-18-2009, 04:25 PM

10 posts, read 39,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy0725 View Post
Let me know if you liked LA Fitness-- I'm anxious to see how many former UA workout buddies of mine end up switching over!
Went to the one over in Crescent Springs and thought it was okay. Now everything is brand spanking new, it has all the space one would want, all the amenities one desires...but I just felt it was bland. I guess it's like dating the hottest woman (or man) you can get but they aren't that interesting. I am intrigued by Revolution Fitness now, but I think they'll be the one on the outs eventually if LA Fitness catches on.

Oh and the 2nd floor where all the elliptical machines are is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Anybody loses their balance getting on or off and falls backwards..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati