U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 947 times

Advertisements

Ok .. I know I am rehashing these old threads but I can not help it haha. I remember all of these. Clifton had the strip with many many college bars and Mr. K's when it was pop music and new wave. I always think about the times of the mid 80s from Clifton to the night clubs in Cincy. Such amazing times. Several times a week at that! I really miss those days a lot. I also was fond of a night club out in Hamilton I think its name was Bonkers. was formerly known as the light house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 947 times
I remember the Glass Menagerie across the bridge. On Monday nights when every place else was slow we would go there for .25 cent drink night haha. Got wasted many a nights on a few bucks lol. Nothing is like it used to be and I wish I would have saved numbers and names of all the amazing people I met and hung out with. Since we never had cells or computers back then everything kinda faded away. I remember we met a group of 4 girls down there and every night we would head to cincy we would stay at their apartment nit far from Clifton. Made wonderful friends. Lisa, Shandy and two others I believe from the Mason area originally. So many cool people.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:48 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,414,398 times
I spent a lot of time at the Glass. Larry (owner) was an acquaintance and I had a few VIP cards which we used to get around the line. We had cards for everyone and just swooped them up and left the losers outside waiting to get in - HAHA.

There was a bar tender who was a former Playboy Centerfold and on request showed the magazine to prove it. And, after a few drinks showed other proof.

I would say the biggest problem about my history with the Glass and the Conservatory and the Waterdump, Islands, and Lucy's, etc was transportation.

We had a great time there but it was really decadent and I had to make a lot of amends for the things that happened.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:08 PM

31,165 posts, read 57,302,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk5108 View Post
Ok .. I know I am rehashing these old threads but I can not help it haha. I remember all of these. Clifton had the strip with many many college bars and Mr. K's when it was pop music and new wave. I always think about the times of the mid 80s from Clifton to the night clubs in Cincy. Such amazing times. Several times a week at that! I really miss those days a lot.
Rehash away - I enjoy reliving my misspent 20s. If I had back all the money I spent on concert tickets, bar cover charges, and beer, I could retire. But what else did we have to spend money on? No cable TV, no internet, no cell phones, no satellite radio ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
We had a great time there but it was really decadent and I had to make a lot of amends for the things that happened.
Wilson, you party animal you!

Old 05-08-2017, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 1,042 times
Stumbled on this forum by google accident. Looking for help on the name of bar in Cincinnati from back when we lived there many years ago.

Mid 70's, InCahoots and Zino's were on the corner of Upper Vine and Charlton. If you went down the hill towards the UC campus, there was a bar on the corner of Charlton and Glendora. Hang Over Easy is currently in that spot.

Can't remember the name of the bar. Someone said it might have been the Roundtable once. But in the 70's it was a bar with a different name. Maybe Alexander's? It had a frosted, etched skyline of a city (maybe Cincinnati) on either the window as you walked to the front door, or on a mirror over the bar.

Any ideas?

Old 05-08-2017, 06:24 PM

400 posts, read 397,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
Stumbled on this forum by google accident. Looking for help on the name of bar in Cincinnati from back when we lived there many years ago.

Mid 70's, InCahoots and Zino's were on the corner of Upper Vine and Charlton. If you went down the hill towards the UC campus, there was a bar on the corner of Charlton and Glendora. Hang Over Easy is currently in that spot.

Can't remember the name of the bar. Someone said it might have been the Roundtable once. But in the 70's it was a bar with a different name. Maybe Alexander's? It had a frosted, etched skyline of a city (maybe Cincinnati) on either the window as you walked to the front door, or on a mirror over the bar.

Any ideas?
In the 1980's it was Chicago Joe's. It was a restaraunt and bar.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:40 PM

Mimi. You must have been out and about in the 70's. I remember a place you had to walk down a couple of stairs to get in but not the name. Chicago Joe's? 100%?

Old 05-09-2017, 05:24 AM

400 posts, read 397,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Mimi. You must have been out and about in the 70's. I remember a place you had to walk down a couple of stairs to get in but not the name. Chicago Joe's? 100%?
If by "out and about" in the 1970's you mean grade school...

My roommate was a waiter at Chicago Joe's in the later 1980's. It had the same entrance as Hangover Easy. Possibly a step down but pretty much street level. There was a bar around back, Myra's?, that was not connected.

I think it was The Holy Grail in the 1990's.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:35 AM

3 posts, read 1,042 times
Those sound good for the 80's and 90's.
But I need the name in the mid to late 70's.

Driving a couple of us old people who use to go there crazy that we can't remember.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:28 AM

OK, how about Past Times Saloon or Faces?

There was the Matrix close by.

Had to be Past Times Saloon. There wouldn't have been room for anything else in that short block.

Last edited by Wilson513; 05-09-2017 at 08:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati