U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What neighborhood do you live in?
Avondale 1 5.56%
Bond Hill 0 0%
Carthage 0 0%
Clifton 1 5.56%
College Hill 1 5.56%
East End 0 0%
Price Hill 2 11.11%
Walnut Hills 1 5.56%
Westwood 0 0%
Evanston 0 0%
Hartwell 2 11.11%
Hyde Park 1 5.56%
Madisonville 1 5.56%
Mt Adams 0 0%
Mt Lookout 0 0%
My Washington 1 5.56%
Oakley 0 0%
Over-the-Rhine 2 11.11%
Pleasant Ridge 1 5.56%
Roselawn 0 0%
Sayler Park 0 0%
Winton Hills 0 0%
Lawrenceburg 0 0%
Norwood 3 16.67%
Bellevue 0 0%
Covington 0 0%
Blue Ash 0 0%
Delhi 0 0%
Fairfield 0 0%
Indian Hill 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-16-2009, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
1,410 posts, read 3,486,785 times
Reputation: 385

Advertisements

Bump - so there are only 16 Cincinnatians that post here?

G Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-17-2009, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Philaburbia
31,223 posts, read 57,377,537 times
Reputation: 52084
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
And don't forget Kash Ambergy's Bargain Barn in South Lebanon Ohio ...
Don't ever mix up South Lebanon and Lebanon, especially to people living in Lebanon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2009, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Cambridge, MA
4,730 posts, read 10,946,405 times
Reputation: 6455
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman5431 View Post
Bump - so there are only 16 Cincinnatians that post here?

G Man
I think that's all about anonymity. As if revealing what part of town you're from compromises that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2009, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
1,410 posts, read 3,486,785 times
Reputation: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
I think that's all about anonymity. As if revealing what part of town you're from compromises that.
Really - wow. Okay, i'm going to start a new poll then.

Thanks,

G
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2009, 02:47 PM
 
13,724 posts, read 22,861,903 times
Reputation: 18549
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
I think that's all about anonymity. As if revealing what part of town you're from compromises that.
No, what you'll see is people discounting your opinion if you live in a different area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2009, 04:15 PM
 
2,204 posts, read 5,847,726 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
No, what you'll see is people discounting your opinion if you live in a different area.
YEP! ... and for good reason(s). lol ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Pleasant Ridge, Cincinnati, OH
1,040 posts, read 1,125,462 times
Reputation: 301
I live downtown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 08:44 PM
 
2,204 posts, read 5,847,726 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
I live downtown
Awesome, I used to live Downtown (CBD) do you mind me asking what building (since most are huge and full of tenants)? If not, send me a PM!

I lived in the Shillito for 2.5 years and loved it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Pleasant Ridge, Cincinnati, OH
1,040 posts, read 1,125,462 times
Reputation: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Awesome, I used to live Downtown (CBD) do you mind me asking what building (since most are huge and full of tenants)? If not, send me a PM!

I lived in the Shillito for 2.5 years and loved it.
I lived in the Shillito for a year, but the walls in my particular apartment were soooper doooper thin. I loved the apartment, though. I can't say enough about the Towne Properties staff: Best apartment management around, hands down.

I moved to the Gramercy on Garfield, right off of Piatt Park. The building doesn't quite have the same character, but it's got one of the coolest rooftop courtyards around (and I can still go play basketball in the Shillito Building whenever I want).

On a side note, I'm going to be moving to Pleasant Ridge (based on some advice from this forum) in a couple of weeks. I love living downtown, but in this housing market I couldn't turn down buying a house and I'm not quite brave enough to buy a condo downtown. (It's not that I wouldn't like living there, but I'd be worried about selling it again.) Besides, Molly Malones, Pleasent Perk, and Pleasent Ridge Chili are going to be within walking distance. Who could argue with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2009, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
1,410 posts, read 3,486,785 times
Reputation: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
I lived in the Shillito for a year, but the walls in my particular apartment were soooper doooper thin. I loved the apartment, though. I can't say enough about the Towne Properties staff: Best apartment management around, hands down.

I moved to the Gramercy on Garfield, right off of Piatt Park. The building doesn't quite have the same character, but it's got one of the coolest rooftop courtyards around (and I can still go play basketball in the Shillito Building whenever I want).

On a side note, I'm going to be moving to Pleasant Ridge (based on some advice from this forum) in a couple of weeks. I love living downtown, but in this housing market I couldn't turn down buying a house and I'm not quite brave enough to buy a condo downtown. (It's not that I wouldn't like living there, but I'd be worried about selling it again.) Besides, Molly Malones, Pleasent Perk, and Pleasent Ridge Chili are going to be within walking distance. Who could argue with that?
You are going to be very close to me. I can walk to all those places.

G Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top