U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 09:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,566 times

Advertisements

Where did Time-Out go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 05:00 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,374,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmmarks View Post
Where did Time-Out go?
I don't believe it went anywhere other than the great blue beyond.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:07 PM

267 posts, read 593,303 times
long gone

Old 12-10-2012, 05:23 PM

83 posts, read 228,968 times
Any progress on the mall's umpteenth "revival"?

Old 12-10-2012, 05:29 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,374,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Guy View Post
Any progress on the mall's umpteenth "revival"?
Just this past week the announced creation of the sports complex where Biggs used to be was announced as delayed. The article I read said some of the smaller outfits which had signed up for this latest reincarnation were getting itchy. I would be more than itchy, I would be gone.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:38 AM

3,719 posts, read 5,865,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Maybe things would get better if they put up a big water tower and lettered it: "Cincinnati Y'all"...
Florence mall....

Old 12-12-2012, 06:35 AM

267 posts, read 593,303 times
northgate has been bought by tabani group already building marshalls,DSW,burlington coat factory,long horn steak house, cheddars and ulta The largest beauty retailer
i'd drive by and see a for rent on the bill board for the movies that are playing
or something like that. cincinnati mall is like a cemetary

Old 12-18-2012, 11:38 AM

213 posts, read 539,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Just this past week the announced creation of the sports complex where Biggs used to be was announced as delayed. The article I read said some of the smaller outfits which had signed up for this latest reincarnation were getting itchy. I would be more than itchy, I would be gone.
Not again. Good grief. I still walk through there from time to time. I just dont get how it has been such a disaster, especially since the whole "upscale" theme has been gone for 20 years. I realize things have changed in the way people shop (olnine, etc). But it's by far the nicest layout and best built mall in Southwest Ohio. If Tri-County and Northgate can still have stores then I dont know how FF can't. I will say this, that new arcade they have in there has really brought in some traffic.

Last edited by Montrell; 12-18-2012 at 11:48 AM..

Old 12-18-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtVandalay84 View Post
Which the businesses at the new Beechmont Mall have been doing since it opened. Disappearing.
That place is truly a joke. The turnover has been constant. I remember there was actually a scrubs store there a few years ago. A scrubs store! Good grief. They're trying to be Crestview Hills Towne Center but failing miserably.
I agree. I lived in Anderson for a while and their whole town center concept has been a complete failure. I think the whole outdoor town centre type themes are starting to run their course as well. It's nothing but a fad. Of course you'll have a few healthy established ones that stick around, just like some of the malls have but long-term that's it. I think it's only going to be a matter of time before the indoor malls become somewhat an in thing again. Not to the extent of the 80's and before but I think it will be revived again at some point.

Last edited by Montrell; 12-18-2012 at 11:49 AM..

Old 12-18-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen431 View Post
I think the fire happened right around the time the mall first opened. I'm not even sure if the upstairs food court was ever open. It might have happened before the mall was open to the public. I remember going during the week or two after the grand opening and my brother and I were trying to figure out what that area was good for. We decided the only use for that area was watching people try to take their full Biggs shopping carts down the escalator. I remember there was once a sign to a bathroom up there, but no bathroom. I've seen photos somewhere of the burned up Gold Star, but we didn't see it. There were small gaps in the walls and we saw glass behind them, but that was all we could see.

Moore's moved in years later.
I remember the upstairs food court being open for a while. I was there for the grand opening in 1989 and the upper food court was open at that time. I did read in an old article that the fire in the upper food court happened in 1993.

Last edited by Montrell; 12-18-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati