Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 08:23 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,159,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Will Kohl's stay or go?
I still can't believe it has held on this long.

They have a heck of a nice building for it (former Bonwit Teller) but otherwise... I'm amazed. They must keep doing good sales there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 10:17 PM

267 posts, read 722,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Or, turned into a VERY LARGE paint ball game. It would be a real urban warfare zone

i'm with mike

Old 03-10-2016, 11:07 PM

8 posts, read 10,283 times
We moved in to Pleasant Run Farms just before the Grand Opening of Forest Fair Mall... I think it would've been either 88 or '89. We actually went opening day and I still remember it well! Time Out was AWESOME! I miss it so much.. Time Out was on the lower level right next to Super Saver Cinemas where movies at first were $1! They later went up to $1.50.. I probably saw 100 movies in that place! The food court was on the lower level right next to the movies and time out.. It is still there actually! Never burned down.. Although the only place open now I believe is a chinese place. There were some food places on the upper level near BIGGS including an Auntie Anne's, but it was not a food court.

The Parisian was there at the grand opening and was part of the original anchor stores.. it was where the Brass Pro Shop is now..

Old 03-11-2016, 06:30 AM

267 posts, read 722,297 times
my friend said if he ever wins the lottery he'd turn it back into forest fair mall

Old 03-31-2016, 12:52 PM

774 posts, read 744,856 times
The only Wal-Mart that I have ever seen be unsuccessful is the one at the Forest Park Exit. It's now less than 1/2 of the original size. Why? Shoplifting and bad checks. Same with the Kroger's down the street. It's one of the nastiest in town. That was the main reason for the initial failure of the Forest Fair Mall. The clientele that they expected to attract at stores like Perisian were put off by the trash from Forest Park that walked the halls with them and didn't come back. The trash that did stole more than they paid for the first year.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:39 PM

14 posts, read 13,654 times
Had the sand pit area of the Mall been there since the opening of the Mall in 1989? I was able to get my hands on pictures of the sand pit, but the images unfortunately focused mainly on the sand pit itself. What did it look like after the sand pit was filled around the late 90's?
Also, there's this picture on the internet:

Where would that be in the Mall today? The Bigg's wing?
Another question, what were the tenants in the Food Court during both incarnations of the Mall? I know Neo-FFM/Cincinnati-Mills had Subways, but besides that, I don't remember any of the tenants prior to 2013, as I had only been to the Mall briefly around 2007.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:23 AM

189 posts, read 309,745 times
I moved to Cincy in 1989 and am glad to have seen this mall when it was at it's peak. Although there were still a lot of vacancies back at that time, the optimism seemed to still be there.

Returned some time in the mid 90's when there were a number of night clubs at the western end and portions of the mall had been partitioned off.

About a year ago I was in the area, had some time to kill, and stopped in to wander through this now ghost town of a mall. Maybe it would cost more to tear it down than to pay the bills to keep lights and minimal heating and air running. That is my only guess as to why it is still there.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:25 PM

12 posts, read 24,706 times
To question of the food court being upstairs or downstairs, I do remember at least a couple of food stands on the upstairs level when the mall first opened. The main food court (including a BW3's) was on the lower level.

Does anyone remember a fudge shop? I remember it being on the upper level, across from the elevator that descended into the lower food court.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,401 times
man i miss those days at Bourbon Street. I liked all the different clubs. Bonsai Pipeline was the one i frequented the most. Spent so much time there i knew most of the bartenders. My fave was a guy named Dan, and Super Dave. Lots of good times and good suds. Remember Dan making me my first "Death Wish" like it was yesterday. I told him i wanted something with a kick, oh yeah!

Old 11-13-2017, 04:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,265 times
Default Bill the PinWiz

Hi! I'm the guy that used to keep all those games and rides going at Time Out. And I helped to tear it all down too.

The music that played on the carousel was totally synthesized by yours truly, and is available as MIDI files on my website: The Battle of the Band-Organs and also there are videos on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/studiomagic01/

I had a page on my website that was about Time Out. I was going to turn it into a memorial but somehow never got around to it, so don't be surprised if some of the links don't work. You can find it here: Time Out - a Fun Place

And if you want to read more about me and my other interests, go here: The PinWiz Page - Classical MIDI and more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati