U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 08:30 PM

2 posts, read 915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Guy View Post
Hello. I'm doing a bit of personal research on the late great Forest Fair/Cincinnati Mills. I looked on DeadMalls.com and Wikipedia, so don't suggest those.
Not from here, but...

1) When did CompUSA open? (it closed in 1998, and was replaced with what?)
2) Where was the original food court? (it apparently burned down, says DeadMalls.com)
3) What was "O-2"? (near Guitar Center)
4) What replaced Time Out on the Court and what is there now?
5) Did rival gangs really move into the Mall in the mid-1990s?
6) Did Parisian replace Sakowitz?
7) What was the Festivals at Forest Fair like? When did it become Bourban Street? (there is something here: http://www.southlandstone.com/docs/9...ir_Mall_1_.pdf (broken link) and here: http://www.southlandstone.com/docs/9...ir_Mall_2_.pdf (broken link))

8) Does anyone have any vintage mall directories/list of stores in 1989 they can share with me?

9) Any miscellaneous memories/tidbits?

Thanks!

1. CompUSA I do not know about. I'd like in the Cincinnati Enquirer!

2. It was on the second floor

3. That was the stores 'code' so like on the directory 'store x' was at 0-2

4. It is vacant, WonderPark closed because of a sexual harassment suit.

5. I have no idea. I have read about a lot of gangs.

6. Nope, Parisian opened with the mall and then it closed and less than a year afterward Bass Pro Shop opened into the space. Also, it looks like a Parisian in the inside (when you are from AL area you can tell).

7. Burlington Coat Factory was the former 'Festival at Forest Fair'

8-9. Go to web.archive.org and type the link in as cincinnati-mills.com and you'll find directories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2017, 10:57 PM

7 posts, read 4,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinwiz View Post
Hi! I'm the guy that used to keep all those games and rides going at Time Out. And I helped to tear it all down too.

The music that played on the carousel was totally synthesized by yours truly, and is available as MIDI files on my website: The Battle of the Band-Organs and also there are videos on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/studiomagic01/

I had a page on my website that was about Time Out. I was going to turn it into a memorial but somehow never got around to it, so don't be surprised if some of the links don't work. You can find it here: Time Out - a Fun Place

And if you want to read more about me and my other interests, go here: The PinWiz Page - Classical MIDI and more!
I worked there near the end, but not all the way. Who might you be?

I am in contact with some of the folks from then, we were all the young ones at the time. I had seen the manager Tyrone some years back, as well as my not so favorite guy Russ.

Edit: If you're who I think you are, you're Bill, looked kind of like Santa Clause, if I remember correctly?

Old 01-03-2018, 09:18 AM

28 posts, read 26,406 times
When Metropolis nightclub was operating, a security guard who worked there told me some stories about the place like rapes and fights out in the parking lot.

I think a good resolution for the mall would be for Cincinnati Financial to move there flanked by mixed use development.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:46 AM

779 posts, read 1,477,299 times
I visited the mall with my family last week. We saw a couple dozen walkers, a janitor, and a security guard zooming around on a segway.

The arcade/video game shop downstairs by the food court was just opening up for the day and had about a dozen patrons when I poked my head in. There was a small gym open upstairs by the old Biggs that had a few people inside working out.

That was all the activity I noticed outside of Babies R Us, Bass Pro, and Kohl's.

Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM

8,574 posts, read 5,818,196 times
From the archives: Remembering the Forest Fair Mall when it was buzzing with activity

https://www.journal-news.com/news/fr...SwDQ8J46S4fqM/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati