U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 04:55 PM

5,658 posts, read 8,770,859 times

Advertisements

Best fish can be found
here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 06:10 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,389,317 times
As I said, I did give Arby's a try tonight. The wife decided she wanted a spaghetti frozen TV concoction, so I went to Arby's and purchased their 2 for $5 classic fish sandwich special plus a small curly fries. Was it a Frisch's fish sandwich of years ago, no but still satisfying. They don't advertise what type of fish it is, if I had to guess I would say pollock. But it made the list all of my basic criteria. The fillets overflowed the bun, were lightly battered and crispy, and thick enough you knew you were biting into something. The frying was good and the taste satisfying. The tartar sauce and lettuce were appropriately applied. By the time I finished the two I was more than pleasingly plump. Glad to see they are making their fish follow the track of their upgraded meat menu. Biggest thing I see is their sides suck, basically curly fries and side salad. No green beans or Mac & Cheese or anything more enticing. But long as they maintain the variety and quality of their upgraded meat menu I can supply the sides at home.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:22 PM

Curley fries, when not soggy are excellent. Before eating any seafood I would be certain it is not from the Pacific. Fukushima is still leaking radiation into the air and also into the ocean. A friend of mine in the Portland, OR area got sick from eating seafood caught in the Pacific a couple of years ago. Turned out to be a light dose of radiation poison. Hopefully the fish is from a hatchery and not the Pacific.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Curley fries, when not soggy are excellent. Before eating any seafood I would be certain it is not from the Pacific. Fukushima is still leaking radiation into the air and also into the ocean. A friend of mine in the Portland, OR area got sick from eating seafood caught in the Pacific a couple of years ago. Turned out to be a light dose of radiation poison. Hopefully the fish is from a hatchery and not the Pacific.
That is like complaining some people out in Kansas got sick and died from ice cream produced in a local factory. I know these things happen, but frankly I believe the Pacific is big enough to filter irritants from just about anywhere. Otherwise those bombs we dropped on Japan in WWII would still be causing misery in the whole area. I know they caused enough misery, but I also see a lot of healthy Japanese walking around. Some people without anything productive to do just have to scare the Hell out of the rest of us.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
That is like complaining some people out in Kansas got sick and died from ice cream produced in a local factory. I know these things happen, but frankly I believe the Pacific is big enough to filter irritants from just about anywhere. Otherwise those bombs we dropped on Japan in WWII would still be causing misery in the whole area. I know they caused enough misery, but I also see a lot of healthy Japanese walking around. Some people without anything productive to do just have to scare the Hell out of the rest of us.
Nope. My brother has a background in nuke physics and has quite a bit of knowledge of problems such as this thanks to his years on a Nuke sub.

The radiation from the nuke bombs that were dropped on Japan started to fizzle out after a couple of weeks. Fukushima is still belching out irradiated steam and those spent rods are still leaking radioactive water into the Pacific.

Have you not heard about all of the birth defects that have been showing up in Marine Life in the Pacific?

Old 03-17-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Nope. My brother has a background in nuke physics and has quite a bit of knowledge of problems such as this thanks to his years on a Nuke sub.

The radiation from the nuke bombs that were dropped on Japan started to fizzle out after a couple of weeks. Fukushima is still belching out irradiated steam and those spent rods are still leaking radioactive water into the Pacific.

Have you not heard about all of the birth defects that have been showing up in Marine Life in the Pacific?
Oh I hear enough, again from people most of whom have nothing else to do. Just don't know how much I believe their proclamations. Again, from all of those without a real job, I can dismiss many of their pontifications. Official government agencies I may pay a little more attention to. but rogue reporters not so much. I do try to buy farm raised fish, since I find it is free of most defects, at least by appearance. Also, perhaps due to what they are fed, farm raised fish meet more of my criteria, mild and don't smell fishy.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Oh I hear enough, again from people most of whom have nothing else to do. Just don't know how much I believe their proclamations. Again, from all of those without a real job, I can dismiss many of their pontifications. Official government agencies I may pay a little more attention to. but rogue reporters not so much. I do try to buy farm raised fish, since I find it is free of most defects, at least by appearance. Also, perhaps due to what they are fed, farm raised fish meet more of my criteria, mild and don't smell fishy.
Perhaps you should do some research on radiation and how it will impact your body even in small doses. Cesium 137 to be precise. It's like Brylcreem. A little dab will do ya. In. The government raised the level of what is deemed a safe dose of radiation right after the meltdown. Strange timing eh?

Seems to me that you are the one that has nothing to do. Always posting pointless posts about frivolous topics such as a fish sandwich. LOL. Sorry but it is true.

And taking a shot at me for not having a real job is a low blow and not relevant to the discussion. Elitist drivel. Again, my brother has formal training in nuke physics. He was a Naval officer and a Sonar Tech on a LA Class Fast Attack Sub for a number of years. He knows far more about this than 99 percent of the population in this country. If he says that this presents health problems then he is right.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:21 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,461,010 times
I remember looking at the bones in my feet in real time Xray as a boy. Every day after school we would stop by the shoe store to use theri "fluoroscope."I probably got 10,000 times the maximum safe radiation from that and another incident I experienced. No problems. But, one should always be careful around radiation.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I remember looking at the bones in my feet in real time Xray as a boy. Every day after school we would stop by the shoe store to use theri "fluoroscope."I probably got 10,000 times the maximum safe radiation from that and another incident I experienced. No problems. But, one should always be careful around radiation.
Different kind of radiation. The key with that is not having it done several times over a short period of perhaps a couple of weeks. Safe otherwise for the most part.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:31 PM

91 posts, read 94,149 times
I know this is an older thread, but I happened to come across it. As far as talapia goes, I wouldn't buy it anywhere unless you can verify where it came from and if it was wild caught or farm raised. Most of the farm-raised stuff is being imported from China and southeast Asia--and when you read about how it's raised, you won't want to eat it!!! Terrible, polluted conditions and they feed chicken crap to the fish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati