U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 07:06 AM

1 posts, read 7,914 times

Advertisements

If you are reading this, I would like to know your average costs for utilities, I am looking into buy a home and want to figure out how much i will need each month over the house payment in order to do so. I does not matter what part of town because I am not sure where I want to move. However please let me know what area of Cincinnati your in.

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 07:20 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,484,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrymo View Post
If you are reading this, I would like to know your average costs for utilities, I am looking into buy a home and want to figure out how much i will need each month over the house payment in order to do so. I does not matter what part of town because I am not sure where I want to move. However please let me know what area of Cincinnati your in.

Thanks!
I live in Norwood. As far as costs over and above mortgage - property tax has gone up about 50% in the past couple years. I now may $900 twice a year instead of $600 like i did in 2006. As far utilities, my electric and gas ranges from as low as $70 in the summer to as high as $300 in the winter. My house is old and not exactly energy efficent but i also keep it quite cold. $300 in the winter is very common around here and i know lots of folks who pay more. Then of course you have internet and TV and homeowners insurance.

G Man
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati