Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 08:14 PM

282 posts, read 806,905 times

Advertisements

Hi There.

I'm curious, what are the best areas in Cinci (or any surrounding area) for a young married couple (late 20s) with 2 kids? We would want to buy a half decent 4/2 house without going over 200k~ or so, safe neighborhoods, decent schools, etc.

What would you all suggest?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 AM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,398 times
Green Township, on the west side of Hamilton County.

Housing is generally cheaper there, but you get more bang for your buck than other places in the area. Oak Hills is a top-rate school district, and the whole area is generally more family-oriented than most other areas.

You could potentially find something in West Chester, too. Lakota is another top-rated school district.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:38 PM

282 posts, read 806,905 times
Thanks for the info! If anyone else has any other suggestions, please share them.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:34 PM

66 posts, read 189,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
Thanks for the info! If anyone else has any other suggestions, please share them.
There are many options you can choose from. The Cincinnati area and its suburbs are a great place to raise a family. It might help some if you listed where your job is going to be located or if there was a general vicinity you were leaning towards. Also, it would help to list things that might be important to you (commute,shopping,parks,attractions,new or old housing etc.) Overall, Warren County (lots of new , young families) sounds like it would be great for what your'e looking for. A lot of new construction, great schools, very safe, and it has all the typical suburban amenities plus Kings Island and The Beach, which your kids will love! Mason, Deerfield Twp., and Landen are all very nice areas in Warren. The Mason and Kings School Districts serve these communities and are top notch. A little further out there is Lebanon and Hamilton Twp. In Butler County, West Chester and Liberty Twp. are great areas, in the excellent rated Lakota School District. In Hamilton County, Montgomery, Blue Ash, Symmes Township, Loveland, Anderson Township, Madeira, Terrace Park and Mariemont are all very nice suburbs in excellent school districts that I would consider. You might get less house for $200K in some of these areas than others, but I think all of the above areas could work well for you. I can assure you all the areas I listed are very safe and I would live in any one of them. It is just a matter of preference on location, finding a house/neighborhood, and checking out the communities to see which one you may like best. If you have any other questions about these communities or the area feel free to ask!

Last edited by cincyohguy; 04-04-2009 at 05:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati