U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 01:57 PM

31,164 posts, read 57,288,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut's mom View Post
What's the weather like in April?
Fickle! One day it's 70, the next it's 45 ... etc. You should be OK no matter what with a light jacket.

But it's also a beautiful time, with flowering trees and bulbs everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM

189 posts, read 600,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozycue520 View Post

There is also the Kingsgate Marriott.
Kingsgate Marriott Conference Hotel at the University of Cincinnati: Accommodations for successful conferences in Covington

... and the Gaslight Village of Clifton is a really cool place to live. CliftonCommunity.org

I don't want to beat a dead horse, and I know peanut's mom saw my suggestions, but looking past my first sentence & actually reading my post in its entirety would be nice.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:42 PM

15 posts, read 38,448 times
Thanks!

Old 03-10-2009, 08:35 PM

4,730 posts, read 10,931,493 times
The "gaslight" district of Clifton lies mainly north of Ludlow Ave and west of Clifton Ave BTW. It's named that due to the street lamps built to resemble old-fashioned gaslights; the illumination now is incandescent, of course, with some of the lights unfortunately now not so much glowing as glaring with fluorescence. Some of the streets to the south of Ludlow (including Terrace Ave) and to the east of Clifton Ave are also "gaslit." Many other sections of Cincinnati also have gaslight sections, and in every case it's coincidentally a code term for the "nicer" part of the neighborhood.

There should be plenty of "extended stay" options in the CVG area, also in Covington.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,388 times
Hi all,
I'm going to be moving to Cincinnati in June. I'll be working at the Children's hospital, and I'm going to be working pretty long hours. So I'd like to live as close to the hospital as possible, but in a relatively safe neighborhood. I'm thinking that the Clifton Gaslight neighborhood would be best for me. Could anyone tell me where the boundaries are? I found a couple apartment buildings on Martin Luther King Rd. Is that still considered the gaslight neighborhood? Is it a safe area?

Thanks so much for all your help!!

Old 03-26-2009, 01:59 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,409,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laewan2004 View Post
Hi all,
I'm going to be moving to Cincinnati in June. I'll be working at the Children's hospital, and I'm going to be working pretty long hours. So I'd like to live as close to the hospital as possible, but in a relatively safe neighborhood. I'm thinking that the Clifton Gaslight neighborhood would be best for me. Could anyone tell me where the boundaries are? I found a couple apartment buildings on Martin Luther King Rd. Is that still considered the gaslight neighborhood? Is it a safe area?

Thanks so much for all your help!!

Nothing on MLK is safe. The epicenter of Clifton Gaslight is Telford and Ludlow. Its only a few square blocks. It would be perfect for a worker at Children's. Look it up on Google Street View and see for yourself. Also search this forum for Clifton Gaslight.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:38 PM

405 posts, read 753,674 times
"the illumination now is incandescent, of course, with some of the lights unfortunately now not so much glowing as glaring with fluorescence." This is not actually true on all streets. During the big windstorm last year the gaslight lamps on my street were still on despite the whole street having no power for 3 days. I guess it is possible they are powered by electricity which is underground and separate from all the other power sources. However, The light put off by these lamps is quite dim compared to modern fluorescent (or sodium) street lamps. The "bulbs" are not modern appearing. I guess I would like to find out a little more about this.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,054 times
I was transferred to my company's Blue Ash, OH office last year and not knowing anything about the area I was recommended to Prince Frederick's Townhomes. They have 2 and 3 bedroom townhomes very cheap ($800-900 a month, which is very affordable coming from the Boston area). They were also in very good condition with new carpeting and a fresh coat of paint before we moved in. We were only there for 7 months until I was transferred again but we never had any issues there and our time was very enjoyable.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:25 AM

4,730 posts, read 10,931,493 times
Since this thread had died six months ago I doubt the TO is still in the market. But thank you for your contribution. BTW the Prince Frederick complex is on West Galbraith Rd close to its intersections with Winton Rd and the Cross-County Highway. Children living in the complex would be assigned to Finneytown schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or