U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 12:11 PM

682 posts, read 1,389,259 times

Advertisements

Usually we are working constantly on house restoration when we come down on weekends. In a few weeks some friends of ours our coming in for the weekend from Texas, They are looking for a historic house to buy and restore and a re reloacting like us to cincinnati. Anyway we plan on getting together for dinner and I am looking for some recomendtions on a good place to go for dinner. Looking for something downtown,or maybe Westwood or Clifton not hugely expensive and really a nice quiet place to sit down have dinner and catch up. Any help is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 12:37 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,446,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restorationconsultant View Post
Usually we are working constantly on house restoration when we come down on weekends. In a few weeks some friends of ours our coming in for the weekend from Texas, They are looking for a historic house to buy and restore and a re reloacting like us to cincinnati. Anyway we plan on getting together for dinner and I am looking for some recomendtions on a good place to go for dinner. Looking for something downtown,or maybe Westwood or Clifton not hugely expensive and really a nice quiet place to sit down have dinner and catch up. Any help is appreciated
I like Trio's in Kenwood.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:56 PM

561 posts, read 1,781,088 times
Good luck restorationconsultant. I've had similar problems myself, so I'll be interested to read any answers that people have for you.

For downtown, I've liked Palomino and to a lesser extent Jean-Ro, however neither are cheap.

My best suggestion for something downtown-near is Teak, a Thai restaurant in Mt Adams.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:00 PM

74 posts, read 248,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Funny how kenwood seems to be the opposite of where they are looking, or maybe you didn't catch that?

Old 03-05-2009, 01:31 PM

710 posts, read 2,651,285 times
For Clifton there is Tinks
Downtown Jean-Ro is great, as is Sung (Korean), Lavomatic. Arnolds downtown is a nice cozy place, cheaper but the food won't blow you away.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:32 PM

710 posts, read 2,651,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Kenwood is pretty far out of the way of where they are looking.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:40 PM

455 posts, read 1,669,992 times
If you get to Palomino between 5:30 & 7:30 all appetizers and pizzas (great stuff) are half price and glasses of wine are around $4... sit in the bar area overlooking Fountain Square. Rock Bottom is a chain but is right on the square also.

Oh... Arnold's on 9th is one of the oldest bar/gril places in Cincinnati (1861) and they have an enclosed outdoor courtyard with dining and music if the weather is warm enough. We love that place.

Arnold's Bar & Grill...Cincinnati, Ohio

Old 03-05-2009, 02:39 PM

189 posts, read 601,846 times
Palamino during happy hour is crowded, loud, not very cozy. The apps are great & priced great, but not really a place to "catch up".

Olives, in Clifton is reasonably priced, and it is relatively quiet downstairs:
http://www.olivesonludlow.com/

I can definitely recommend Sung Korean Bistro, downtown:
http://www.sungkoreanbistro.com/

As for downtown, Arnold's is a cool experience, as well.

As for Westwood, Vitor's Bistro is new. I haven't been there, but have heard good things:
http://www.vitorsbistro.net/

And, Maury's Tiny Cove:
http://www.maurystinycove.com/

Close to downtown, I love going over to MainStrasse in Covington. There are a number of good restaurants & bars concentrated in a couple block area:
http://www.mainstrasse.org/

Hope this helps!

Last edited by soozycue520; 03-05-2009 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: something is messed up with this site!

Old 03-05-2009, 05:17 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,446,164 times
Well, if they were looking for an historic restaurant to buy as opposed to historic properties, I would have suggested Arnold's, but since what they wanted was a quiet place to collect thoughts after a day of inspection, I suggested Trio's. Its 10 minutes away, has plenty of parking, but most importantly, I like Trio's. I'd sure rather eat there than Palamino's downtown or Maury's Tiny Cove.

So Trio's it is.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:18 PM

189 posts, read 601,846 times
Trio is the name of the restaurant {not Trio's}.

If asking for Westwood recommendations, Trio is much more than 10 minutes away. As for Westwood, as compared to Kenwood, Trio has about as much parking as Maury's Tiny Cove, but Vitor's is more comparable.

All the triviality is silly. Read my suggestions, and let the OP decide from the information given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati