U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 06:20 PM

15 posts, read 18,997 times

Advertisements

Where are some fun places to take toddlers. I am not talking about chuck e cheese either. I am looking for fun activities for very active, high energy children ages1-4. I took them to the aquarium in newport and they were bored out of their minds. My 3 year old said " look mommy a fish tank can we go now". They just werent interested. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 06:39 PM

455 posts, read 1,668,658 times
Right now the weather is your biggest problem. Once things warm up you can visit plenty of festivals on the levee or throughout Cincinnati where they can dance around with other kids to live music and play in the fountain at Fountain Square while tasting different foods from all of the different vendors. There is Sharon Park that has a boathouse on Kemper Rd. in Sharonville where you can rent a paddle boat (very safe) or you can take the kids on a short riverboat cruise on the the Ohio River. Take them to a place like Wild Ginger in Hyde Park where they can do the whole Japanese Steakhouse thing with the chef chopping stuff up in front of the kids and making them laugh. My daughter loved that kinda thing. The park at Sawyer Point is extensive and has all sorts of cool obstacle courses and plenty of other kids that age with parents. yeah... it's just the weather right now.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:59 PM

1,055 posts, read 3,561,254 times
Loads of free things to do at the Cincinnati Libraries for kids, also free things for kids during the day at Cincinnati Parks & Nature Centers, my fav.. Cincinnati Fire Museum , Krohns, Childrens Museum at Union Terminal, In April EnterTRAINment Junction in West Chester will reopen, Day trip to COSI in Columbus is always a blast, Wright Patt Air Force Museum..

Old 03-05-2009, 09:07 PM

455 posts, read 1,668,658 times
The new COSI in Columbus will have your kids doing their same version of "wtf?" just as they did at the Newport Aquarium... only worse. That place is half empty and is one of the biggest disappointments most people find in C-bus apart from the Ohio Historical Society. COSI was the coolest thing when it was on E. Broad St. back in the day but has been struggling ever since the move.

Sorry, I grew up in Columbus.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:36 PM

189 posts, read 600,895 times
Sawyer Point, on the riverfront, is always fun. Walking along the Serpentine Wall, and the playground can be enjoyed in almost any weather.
http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/crc/pages/-5711-/ (broken link)

Eden Park is great fun. Krohn Conservatory, and the Art Museum are there, as well as Mirror Lake.
The Krohn Conservatory has always been big fun for my family, especially during the butterfly show {May-June}.
http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/cityparks/pages/-3452-/

At the Art Museum, they do a little scavenger hunt for children that makes it fun!!
http://www.cincinnatiartmuseum.org/

Everything, afore mentioned, is free {donations accepted}.

Go to Union Terminal, to see great architecture, and some great museums. If nothing else, your toddlers will love the Children's Museum. The Cincinnati Historical Museum has a great train display, that rides through a display of Cincinnati. And the Natural History Museum is great!! Not to mention the OmniMax.
http://www.cincymuseum.org/

Our Zoo is one of the greatest. It has been voted the "most romantic". Maybe not what you are looking for, for your children, but a great Zoo.
http://www.cincinnatizoo.org/

Last edited by soozycue520; 03-05-2009 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: added links

Old 03-06-2009, 06:09 AM

1,055 posts, read 3,561,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
The new COSI in Columbus will have your kids doing their same version of "wtf?" just as they did at the Newport Aquarium... only worse. That place is half empty and is one of the biggest disappointments most people find in C-bus apart from the Ohio Historical Society. COSI was the coolest thing when it was on E. Broad St. back in the day but has been struggling ever since the move.

Sorry, I grew up in Columbus.
Thats okay...my son is 16 and its been a few years since we've been there. I just know we loved it (back when).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or