U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 03:41 PM

30 posts, read 88,746 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am thinking about moving to Century Lake apartment in next few months, so I thought may be I should listen to other people's opinion before I make any agreement. I will be renting 1 bedroom apartment and I will be working at GE.

I know the review and rating does not look really good. But I really want to hear from some one who has lived here or some one who know people who lives/lived there.

Any opinion would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 04:48 AM

Anyone?

Old 03-12-2009, 08:23 AM

Hmm, I guess no one has heard any thing about Century Lake apartment.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:03 AM

Atleast can someone tell me how bad or how good is that area?

Bishopsgate Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45246

I would appreciate your help.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:39 PM

698 posts, read 1,427,480 times
It's a decent area. One of the more diverse suburban areas, just a few minutes away from all the shopping you need and less than 5 minutes away from I-75.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:46 AM

23,851 posts, read 19,152,646 times
I had to look it up on the map to make sure, but I actually did take a look at Century Lake when moved to Cincinnati in 2006. When I did a walk-through, I was impressed with the apartments. Nothing stood out as a reason not to live there. I chose another place only because it was right around the corner from my office in Blue Ash.

I've not been to the property since 2006, but if nothing's changed, i'd say its a good place to get your start in Cinci.

Good luck!

Old 03-19-2009, 03:41 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,580,235 times
Hey Izzyprad, I've been away from the forums for a while. I see you finally decided on a community! That's a good area. You're really close to some shopping areas, and Glendale is really nice. Hope things go well for you!

Old 03-19-2009, 07:25 PM

Thanks Aquila.

Now it makes sense why no one replied! lol

It looks like I am gonna settle with Century Lake. Area looks good, apartment looks good and price looks good. Also It is very close. But, lil bit suspicious about the reviews.

Williamsburg of Cincinnati was my other option but there was too many complaints about that apartment. Looks like it is a big community, so it I guessed maintainence is not going to be that good.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:20 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,580,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyprad View Post
Thanks Aquila.

Now it makes sense why no one replied! lol

It looks like I am gonna settle with Century Lake. Area looks good, apartment looks good and price looks good. Also It is very close. But, lil bit suspicious about the reviews.

Williamsburg of Cincinnati was my other option but there was too many complaints about that apartment. Looks like it is a big community, so it I guessed maintainence is not going to be that good.
In its heyday, Williamsburg was the complex to live in. But it's been around for years, and people simply started moving to newer and nicer places.

Word of advice....you can't always pay attention to negative reviews. Many times they are left by one or two picky tenants who had issues with management, or some sort of problem that wasn't taken care of exactly the way they want. I always thought Century Lake looked really nice. If YOU like the apartment, and the management team seems considerate and attentive to your needs, and the people seem nice and the place seems safe, then go for it. I don't think there's a perfect complex anywhere, unless it's brand spanking new and costs mega bucks a month to live there. And look at it this way....if it turns out to be not-so-great, you only have to put up with it for a year (or however long your lease is). In the meantime, you can really dig into the area and find something better. But heck, from what I've seen, Century Lake looks really good.

God Bless!

Old 03-12-2014, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,530 times
So what has your experience been? I am also looking at moving to the complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati