U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2007, 10:14 AM

128 posts, read 561,319 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to N. Kentucky/Cincinannti area and would like some imput on nice districts in that area. If you could choose a district, in that area based on pay, area, and how you generally feel about their administrators, where would you go?

I greatly appreciate any advice!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 33,710 times
The best School Districs in my opinion would be Forest Hills, which would be the Anderson area; West Chester and Mason also have good schools, but very large.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:52 PM

214 posts, read 749,823 times
Indian Hills, Sycamore, and Mason are the top-tier districts. Forest Hills and Lakota are good... along with about a dozen other decent suburban districts in greater Cincinnati.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:54 AM

884 posts, read 2,311,863 times
Sycamore, Wyoming, Mason, Lakota, Fairfield to mane a few.

check out greatschools.net

Old 04-11-2007, 10:04 AM

5 posts, read 48,974 times
Large districts - Sycamore, Mason (tho Mason imo is not as good as Sycamore)

Smaller districts - Madeira, Mariemont, Indian Hill

Old 04-13-2007, 05:25 AM

9 posts, read 78,759 times
See this website. According to the State of Ohio the schools in Hamilton County that are rated excellent are;
http://dnet01.ode.state.oh.us/DistrictRatings/Districts.aspx (broken link)
047340 Forest Hills Hamilton Excellent Click Here
045435 Indian Hill Hamilton Excellent Click Here
044271 Loveland Hamilton Excellent Click Here
044289 Madeira Hamilton Excellent Click Here
044313 Mariemont Hamilton Excellent Click Here
047373 Oak Hills Hamilton Excellent Click Here
047381 Southwest Hamilton Excellent Click Here
044867 Sycamore Community Hamilton Excellent Click Here
045146 Wyoming

Good luck!

Last edited by Yac; 04-14-2007 at 03:06 AM.. Reason: Realtor site link removed. Advertising not allowed.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 36,038 times
Default Elementary Schools

Does anyone know an apartment complex that I could move to so my 8 year old daughter could go to Indian Hill or Sycamore Elementary Schools?

And which elementary is better than others???? Which one is close to Marlins Swim team located at 616 W. South Bend Rd Keating Natatorium on the campus of St. Xavier High School??? My daughter likes swimming and would like to continue her on a swim team...

Thanks!

Last edited by lyn9055; 04-06-2008 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-06-2008, 10:06 AM

4,730 posts, read 10,933,946 times
Indian Hill has multi-acre zoning and nothing but estates and trophy houses. But there are lots of apartment complexes in Blue Ash and Montgomery, communities in the Sycamore district. For the most part, however, they cater to single young adults drawn to the area for jobs at P & G's research campus and the numerous other nearby companies. I always recommend the "Saturday Night Test" (to check for noise levels and sense of safety) to people contemplating a move to a neighborhood. Do it for rental communities in that vicinity, too: drive or preferably walk through a complex at around 11 PM to midnight on a Saturday. Are most lights on or off? Are large numbers of people congregating or coming and going? Is there much loud music? Good outdoor illumination? Etc etc.

At the risk of repetition - well, I *am* repeating myself, but in case you didn't see my other response: St Xavier is an all-boys high school, and the Marlins are an invitation-only swim team. (From what I can tell in your post, the Marlins are based there? Sorry that I don't know this.) That school is not convenient to northeastern Greater Cincinnati. If your daughter makes the cut for the Marlins, "look forward" to a lot of pre-dawn awakenings for practices!

A suburb much closer to St X, and with excellent public schools, is Wyoming. You'll find a few rental houses, some "brick box" 4-family apartment buildings, and a complex called The Heritage there. The next time you're in the area, take a drive along Springfield Pike - Route 4 - in Wyoming. "The Heritage" and most of the brick-box buildings in town are along that street. A group of three well-kept, older, multi-unit buildings sits at the corner of "the Pike" and Worthington Ave, with two of the houses fronting on Worthington. They're right next door to the middle school and a short, easy walk from the neighborhood Elm Ave Elementary. You could also rent an apartment or townhouse in the big Williamsburg of Cincinnati community, between Wyoming and Valleydale/Hartwell, but there may be a tuition charged. (That's commonly done when crossing school-district lines, but a few Williamsburg kids were in the Wyoming schools when I was and their parents may not have had to pay anything.)

Finneytown adjoins St X, also has respectable schools (3.5 - 4 stars compared to Wyoming's and Sycamore's 5), and includes some apartment communities that are mainly clustered along West Galbraith Rd. Since school-district boundaries are "muddled" in that vicinity, if you tour available units along W Galbraith be sure to ask. The complexes along that stretch are nicely set back from the street, some are "gated," and shopping is close at hand.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:48 PM

698 posts, read 1,427,130 times
Wyoming and Finneytown are both good bets. You'd have better luck finding an apartment/townhouse in Finneytown just because there are more available, but whatever you find in Wyoming would be in a slightly more friendly area.

The school systems are both good, but it all comes down to what type of environment you want your child to be in. Finneytown's Brent/Cottonwood Elementary where the students are 50-55% white and 30-35% economically disadvantaged or Wyoming's slightly higher achieving Elm/Vermont Elementary where the students are 80-85% white and 0-5% economically disadvantaged.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:16 PM

30 posts, read 123,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nur Jemal View Post
See this website. According to the State of Ohio the schools in Hamilton County that are rated excellent are;
District Local Report Card Information (http://dnet01.ode.state.oh.us/DistrictRatings/Districts.aspx - broken link)
047340 Forest Hills Hamilton Excellent Click Here
045435 Indian Hill Hamilton Excellent Click Here
044271 Loveland Hamilton Excellent Click Here
044289 Madeira Hamilton Excellent Click Here
044313 Mariemont Hamilton Excellent Click Here
047373 Oak Hills Hamilton Excellent Click Here
047381 Southwest Hamilton Excellent Click Here
044867 Sycamore Community Hamilton Excellent Click Here
045146 Wyoming
This should be made sticky

Notes: if you must select north of hamilton county, IMHO Lakota is over-crowded and to be avoided. Mason is a better option, but still not of the same quality as the above. You wil also do very well by considering any of the local Catholic schools in the area; they are all top-notch.

Cincinnati's Northern Kentucky schools are the best in the state of Kentucky. Ft. Thomas ranks first, the Highlands district, and Ft. Mitchell, Villa Hills, etc are not far behind.

FWIW, St. Xavier is the best high school in the region. It's a quick drive from anywhere in town. From the NE side you'd take Cross County to I-75 and the first exit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or