U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2009, 12:15 PM

4 posts, read 30,501 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I'm starting grad school at UC in the fall and I'm looking for a nice two bedroom apartment in the Gaslight area. I've been trying to find reviews of some of the buildings but have found very few. Can anyone recommend a clean, well managed building, possibly with a historic look, in Clifton Gaslight?
Any help is much appreciated!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 01:23 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,404,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat02 View Post
Hi all,
I'm starting grad school at UC in the fall and I'm looking for a nice two bedroom apartment in the Gaslight area. I've been trying to find reviews of some of the buildings but have found very few. Can anyone recommend a clean, well managed building, possibly with a historic look, in Clifton Gaslight?
Any help is much appreciated!
What's your budget if I may ask?

Old 03-17-2009, 04:25 PM

4 posts, read 30,501 times
Around or under $900/month is preferable. I've heard good things about Clifton Colony, not such good things about Tudor Court, Roslyn, and Roanoke- but I like the historic look of buildings like Tudor Court.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:59 PM

Clifton Colony is not gaslight Clifton. Consider gaslight Clifton's epicenter as Telford and Ludlow. Try my friends at Cincinnati Lofts.com

:: City Center Properties

Old 03-17-2009, 06:44 PM

405 posts, read 753,593 times
Default re: Clifton Gaslight

There are multiple multi-unit houses in the Clifton Gaslight that are renting. Some are very nice because they have been converted and refurbished. Not sure if you can get a 2 bedroom for 900 but it is possible. A large old clifton house with 3 neighbors might be a more controlled/quieter option than a 20 apartment building. These old houses are extremely solidly built and therefore surprisingly quiet.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:24 PM

52 posts, read 386,831 times
You could try http://gaslightproperty.com; they seem to own a lot of the rental places around campus.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM

180 posts, read 483,572 times
If you want, you could live in the building I used to live in. It's directly on the corner of Clifton & Telford, and a 2br is $645 including heat & water. They're nothing special, but the landlord is very nice, lives on site, and responds well to maintenance requests. I lived there for almost 5 years with no real problems.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesia View Post
If you want, you could live in the building I used to live in. It's directly on the corner of Clifton & Telford, and a 2br is $645 including heat & water. They're nothing special, but the landlord is very nice, lives on site, and responds well to maintenance requests. I lived there for almost 5 years with no real problems.
Clifton and Telford don't actually intersect. If you are suggesting the Delmoor at 3414 Telford, I gave the OP this link:

Old 03-21-2009, 02:19 PM

279 posts, read 287,470 times
I'd like to suggest Clifton Square Apartments, which is at the very end of Senator Place. It's a larger complex, more modern than historic. I lived there a few years ago. To me, the main attraction was the secluded location while also being within a short walk to the Clifton/Ludlow shopping area. It's run by Uptown Rentals, which manages several properties around town. Some units have hardwood floors (may be slightly creaky, but that seems common), and some are carpeted. The only downside was a downstairs neighbor who played loud music, but it didn't bother me that much.

There are also smaller complexes on the same street, and more choices on nearby streets such as Brookline, Loraine, Bryant, Telford, etc. (although Telford near Ludlow might get noisy if there are street musicians). It's a nice area for walkers. I agree with the comment about Clifton Colony, it's not in the gaslight, not convenient for walking or bus, and it's on a street that feels more like a freeway exit ramp than a neighborhood. Good luck!

Old 03-22-2009, 01:04 AM

180 posts, read 483,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Clifton and Telford don't actually intersect. If you are suggesting the Delmoor at 3414 Telford, I gave the OP this link:

Ah! I meant Telford at Ludlow. I was speaking of the building across the street from Delmoor, where Graeter's is located. City Center is overpriced. Like Hans63 said, there are many other places that are reasonably priced for students on a limited budget.

By the way, you will definitely love the neighborhood. It is lovely and quaint, and I miss it terribly. I didn't own a car for 7 years because everything is within a short walk...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati