U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 01:45 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,484,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot05 View Post
I've thought about all those sports leagues and stuff. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

I think I'm too accepting of those cheesey bars on the weekends mentioned above.

I'm 25 and it seems like most females in my age range would be at a bar on a typical night. I've actually thought outside the box and thought of cooking classes or something.
Thinking out of the box is good. From my experience, meeting women at bars, while the most well known version of meeting new people, is also the worst. You get a lot of weirdos, etc etc. Not all, but a lot more then you would at say a sports league or cooking classes. Give it a try.

G Man
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 02:03 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,404,584 times
Quote:
I've thought about all those sports leagues and stuff. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

I think I'm too accepting of those cheesey bars on the weekends mentioned above.

I'm 25 and it seems like most females in my age range would be at a bar on a typical night. I've actually thought outside the box and thought of cooking classes or something.
Look, take it from an old timer, you don't want to meet girls in a bar who would let you meet them under those circumstances. Every girl I ever picked up in a bar turned out to be a drunken ****. You don't want to date a girl who goes out to be picked up in a bar when she's not with you. Most girls your age are not in a bar and don't go to bars to meet men. The good ones who are in a bar are out with their friends getting a boost to the ego by having a bunch of strange men go googoo over them, but not really willing to hook up. Maybe the ugly friend will, but thats not where you want to be.

I told you how to really meet women above, but if you are just interested in sex, wait until about 1AM and walk into a any one of the bars mentioned above and see what you can scavenge. But I can't recommend that approach.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:48 PM

257 posts, read 519,760 times
One problem is I find a lot of the YP groups end up at a bar anyway, or are revolved around something involving drinking (a lot)... to be honest that is one reason I miss the west coast... where it seems going to bars wasn't the actually the prevalent activity of the year.

But yeah if you don't mind that type of thing the YP groups are a step above just a bar to meet people.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 16,531 times
Being a single woman (20 y/o) in the area, I think cooking classes are a great place to meet single women. I would love to bump into someone there

Quote:

Old 10-03-2010, 05:07 PM

3,335 posts, read 5,725,886 times
one of my best friends here met his girlfried at a yoga class after horrible luck at bars. they will be engaged any day now. they are both late 20s. places like jefferson hall can work but not if you just sit at the bar.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:13 AM

577 posts, read 1,003,907 times
I agree with everyone who mentioned joining a group or a club - it doesn't have to be specifically for young people, it could be anything you have an interest in.

I live in Hyde Park and I found that if I go to the HP Kroger on a Tuesday night, the place is crawling with single women. Of course I never tried to meet someone at a grocery store - what is your opening line there? So, uh, you like cantelope too, huh?

What worked for me as far as getting dates was to go to a bar with a friend that women found attractive. I just had to wait for him to open his mouth and once the women saw how much of a jerk he was, that gave me the opportunity to show that I was the nicer one.

But eventually I met my wife on Match. That is another good place. Word of advice - if you meet someone online, always agree to meet them during the weekday for a drink. I found that most people do not like wasting a Saturday night on a blind date. A happy hour or coffee is harmless. If you aren't attracted to each other you have only wasted an hour or two and only spent money on drinks. But that is just my observation.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:44 AM

Make new male friends. That is how you meet women. They all have wives, girlfriends and sisters who cannot stand to have an unattached male in the mix. They will fix you up. But don't be a pig. No matter who they fix you up with go out have a good time and don't cause any trouble no matter how bad she is. That gives you street cred and when a really good girl comes along they will know that you won't embarrass them by fixing you up.

I'm telling you, I was an expert.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 15,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Get four new male friends and try to be a good friend. Their wives and girlfriends will take care of the rest.
That is an interesting approach. The only problem is that it doesn't always work. Most of my friends are married, but in my experience it takes a while for them to want other people to be married too. At our age they are mostly concerned with being married themselves and not so concerned with friends being married.

I would also be interested in finding a way to meet women. I was never much of a bar goer to begin with and that is a terrible way to meet people.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:15 PM

5,310 posts, read 6,608,894 times
When I was single, I used to hang out in Mt. Adams.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnbv4184 View Post
That is an interesting approach. The only problem is that it doesn't always work. Most of my friends are married, but in my experience it takes a while for them to want other people to be married too. At our age they are mostly concerned with being married themselves and not so concerned with friends being married.

I would also be interested in finding a way to meet women. I was never much of a bar goer to begin with and that is a terrible way to meet people.
I did say four new friends. There is something about new friends that makes it happen. Its hard to find the time for new people in your life but that's how I think it works. and you are quite right not to want to meet women in bars. That's who they are and you don't want to spend your life with a gal who likes to meet men in a bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or