U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:11 AM

31,223 posts, read 57,365,082 times

Advertisements

My favorite skyline shot is from the top of Sycamore Street in Mt. Auburn, north of downtown. The view from Devou Park is amazing as well.

Where to eat ... I'm definitely a lowbrow restaurant type. I would take visitors to Zip's in Mt. Lookout, the City View in Mt. Adams, Tucker's in Over-the-Rhine, Allyn's Cafe in Columbia-Tusculum, Ambar India in Clifton, the Hofbrauhaus or Pompilio's in Newport, the Machine Room at Great American Ball Park, Izzy's ... None are wildly expensive. Ignore me if any of these places have closed. It's been more than a year since I've been to town.

Quote:
I hear it has a lot of characteristics of the Burgh.
Cincinnati and Pittsburgh are very similar. Parts of Mt. Adams are so similar it's downright creepy. The art museum is in Mt. Adams, and admission is free (thanks to the former publishers of Writer's Digest).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 10:46 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,486,447 times
Izzy's may be the best of the ones you mentioned. Aside from being the cheapest they have at least two locations downtown and are down right awesome. We go there every year after the Opening Day parade, so i cant wait to be there next Monday.

G Man

Old 03-31-2009, 11:08 AM

1,597 posts, read 1,581,598 times
Are you wanting photos of the skyline only, or various other places around the city? You should check out Mt. Echo Park in Price Hill. Great shots of the skyline from a distance, as well as the river valley below. Also, Mt. Airy Forest has a nice arboretum you could check out. I'm sure it would be pretty right now with the flowering trees starting to bloom.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:27 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,262,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Are you wanting photos of the skyline only, or various other places around the city? You should check out Mt. Echo Park in Price Hill. Great shots of the skyline from a distance, as well as the river valley below. Also, Mt. Airy Forest has a nice arboretum you could check out. I'm sure it would be pretty right now with the flowering trees starting to bloom.

I want neighborhoods, and skyline shots. I love exploring a city's neighborhoods. Are the flowers coming out down there already? You guys are like a 100 miles south of Pittsburgh I think. It would be nice to get some spring shots.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:32 AM

710 posts, read 2,650,545 times
Clifton Heights will have some great blossoming tree lined street shots.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 AM

31,223 posts, read 57,365,082 times
Eden Park in Mt. Adams and Ault Park in Mt. Lookout are covered in daffodils this time of year.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:48 AM

1,055 posts, read 3,564,022 times
Hartwell is the northern most neighborhood of the City of Cincinnati and we have a lot of flowering trees lining our streets, and yes, they are blooming. We had a couple of really warm days along with some rain showers which opened a lot up. I recently added a couple of pics to my profile page of some forysthia and magnolias blooming and plan on getting back out to get some pics of our neighborhood trees. We have bradford pears, crabapples, cherry, and golden rain trees (the goldens are not in bloom yet) which line many of our streets.
Enjoy your trip!

Old 03-31-2009, 12:38 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,486,447 times
While Mt Echo and Mt Airy are nice, they have nothing on Eden and Ault Parks. Thats where it is. Ault Park probably wont have everything abloom but in the spring / summer it has a huge array of flowers.

G Man

Old 03-31-2009, 12:50 PM

1,055 posts, read 3,564,022 times
If you visit the UC campus area, check out Martinos on short Vine. THey are a family owned and operated bar/restaurant and are from Pittsurgh. All the pittsburgh items will make you feel right at home.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:08 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,262,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
If you visit the UC campus area, check out Martinos on short Vine. THey are a family owned and operated bar/restaurant and are from Pittsurgh. All the pittsburgh items will make you feel right at home.
But I want to go to Cincy to get the cincy feel. Not travel to Cincy to pretend I am back in Pittsburgh.

your Photos are real nice btw on your profile.

Thanks everybody for all of your input, as it is very helpful. When I get home tonight I am going to search all these neighborhoods, parks, and restaurants and map them out. I have always wondered what Cincy was like. Another city that I am going to visit soon is Detroit. I always had a big curiosity about Detroit, because I wonder if it is really as bad as people say it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati