U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:09 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,485,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
If you visit the UC campus area, check out Martinos on short Vine. THey are a family owned and operated bar/restaurant and are from Pittsurgh. All the pittsburgh items will make you feel right at home.
Good point, it is the Pittsburgh Steelers bar during the football season. Other than that this bar has never been that appealing to me. I prefer Christie's, maybe because its outside in the spring/summer.

Lots of cool buildings in Clifton too.

G Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 01:10 PM

1,055 posts, read 3,562,316 times
[quote=Awesomo.2000;8125995]But I want to go to Cincy to get the cincy feel. Not travel to Cincy to pretend I am back in Pittsburgh.

your Photos are real nice btw on your profile.

I understand what you're saying...it's a great place to grab a good meal though! And thanks for the photo comments-I've been waiting for the sun to peek out and it has so I may head out to take some more pictures. Again, enjoy your visit to Cincy!

Old 03-31-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman5431 View Post
Good point, it is the Pittsburgh Steelers bar during the football season. Other than that this bar has never been that appealing to me. I prefer Christie's, maybe because its outside in the spring/summer. G Man
It's more than just a Steelers bar, it is near the UC campus and has UC fans pack the place too. Are you a Bengals fan? Just kidding.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
It's more than just a Steelers bar, it is near the UC campus and has UC fans pack the place too. Are you a Bengals fan? Just kidding.
Nah, actually i'm a Steelers fan, but the bar itself just isnt anything special. There are much better hang out spots in Clifton, IMO.

Anyways, i get what the OP is saying, no reason to come to Cincy and go to a Pitt themed bar or vise versa. Anyways, based on her interests i think Devu, Ault, and Eden Parks should be definates.

G Man

Old 04-01-2009, 01:12 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,580,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
I want neighborhoods, and skyline shots. I love exploring a city's neighborhoods. Are the flowers coming out down there already? You guys are like a 100 miles south of Pittsburgh I think. It would be nice to get some spring shots.
As Hartwell Girl said, yes there are flowers popping up all over. I saw daffodils for the first time this season along the trail behind my house last week. There are also a lot of flowering pear and cherry trees, as well as magnolias in bloom. The times I was in Ault Park, the magnolias were really pretty and very fragrant.

I know you probably don't want to waste the time or money, but the zoo would be a really good choice, too. They have a lot of tulips on display.

Definitely check out Mt. Adams/Eden Park while you're in town.

Quote:
While Mt Echo and Mt Airy are nice, they have nothing on Eden and Ault Parks. Thats where it is. Ault Park probably wont have everything abloom but in the spring / summer it has a huge array of flowers.

G Man
My suggestion for Mt. Echo was strictly for the western view of the skyline, albeit from a distance. Mt. Airy is indeed different than Eden Park or Ault Park, but neither one of those parks makes you feel like you're in a forest. Mt. Airy gives the feel of being in a state park as opposed to a city park, and I think it's a nice place to visit for people coming from out of town. The arboretum isn't breathtaking, no, but it's actually a very quaint place with the pond and interesting trees.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
My suggestion for Mt. Echo was strictly for the western view of the skyline, albeit from a distance. Mt. Airy is indeed different than Eden Park or Ault Park, but neither one of those parks makes you feel like you're in a forest. Mt. Airy gives the feel of being in a state park as opposed to a city park, and I think it's a nice place to visit for people coming from out of town. The arboretum isn't breathtaking, no, but it's actually a very quaint place with the pond and interesting trees.
Agreed - but Ault Park has a lot of trails and forest areas too. But Mt Airy does have a nice forest.

G Man

Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,580,235 times
Quote:
Agreed - but Ault Park has a lot of trails and forest areas too. But Mt Airy does have a nice forest.

G Man
You're right about the trails in Ault Park. I used to park near the pavilion and walk down into the ravine from the parking area. I think Ault Park would make a unique pit stop on the Amazing Race.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:05 AM

Aquila--good call on the tulips at the Cincinnati Zoo...forgot all about those! Great display each year--did everyone know they sell the bulbs each year after they are finished blooming? You can get a whole bag for less than $10.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:10 AM

3,707 posts, read 6,568,475 times
If you have time you might want to swing up a bit to the northwest side to Fairfield and check out Jungle Jim's. Technically not "in" Cincinnati, but if you are in the area ...

Old 04-02-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
If you have time you might want to swing up a bit to the northwest side to Fairfield and check out Jungle Jim's. Technically not "in" Cincinnati, but if you are in the area ...
Yeah, Jungle Jims is definately an experience, its a little out of the way but if you like to cook then wow. Might not be right for what the OP is looking fo though.

G Man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati