U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 09:55 AM

577 posts, read 1,004,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I definitely second Wilson's advice. The Ohio can be a dangerous place, made even more so by some of the idiots out there who don't have a clue as to proper and safe operation. Also, the amount of underwater debris constantly coming down the river can cause some real damage.
Third, fourth, and fifth that. My friend has a boat and the only time we would take it out on the Ohio is for the fireworks. We put the boat in at Cleves and make our way upstream. Between the barges and the debris and the people who do not know what they are doing, it was always a rough ride to get where we were going. I always looked in disbelief at the ones in kayaks along the river. The wake from the barges always made for a rough ride on a party boat - I couldn't imagine being on something smaller.

Canoing on the Little Miami is always fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 07:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,666 times
Well then is there somebody,with boats that they charter for the day. Taking groups out.Maybe just a family outing for the day.Please let me know. I grew up on the water and greatly miss it. Jet skiing could
be nice to. Thank you HELP John G

Old 09-28-2013, 05:46 PM

3 posts, read 4,337 times
I'm interested in finding a Ohio River boat rental location as well. I have a few friends with boats. Seems like I get invited out about 5 or so times each summer to wake board, water ski and jet ski and I they often allow me to drive their boat, however, it'd be nice to also be able to rent a decent boat on my own schedule a few times each year. Boating on the Ohio River in the summer is a blast! With some basic common sense and understanding it's always been a very safe, fun time! I often see people in kayaks and canoes out near the banks of the river as well.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:26 AM

9,259 posts, read 13,367,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron K View Post
I'm interested in finding a Ohio River boat rental location as well. I have a few friends with boats. Seems like I get invited out about 5 or so times each summer to wake board, water ski and jet ski and I they often allow me to drive their boat, however, it'd be nice to also be able to rent a decent boat on my own schedule a few times each year. Boating on the Ohio River in the summer is a blast! With some basic common sense and understanding it's always been a very safe, fun time! I often see people in kayaks and canoes out near the banks of the river as well.
I expect the problem with renting a decent sized power boat on the Ohio is all related to cost of insurance, both property and liability. You may be better off looking to rent both a boat and the operator to take a small group out on the river for a day.

The problem is not just limited to the Ohio, there are very few locations on the larger lakes which will rent you a boat to operate yourself. A rowboat with an outboard is about as far as you get.

You speak of common sense and understanding, unfortunately far too many boaters exhibit too little appreciation of either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or